• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

GNL3cM9_d.webp

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted on how to feel about this being paid DLC.

On one hand, I scream "BULLSHIT" because this was in the original game.

On the other hand, I imagine licensing use of Dante again probably cost a pretty penny.

This also could possibly end up a P5R situation and the west just gets the Dante DLC for free.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should probably know that Dante wasn't in the original game - He was an addition in the re-release that the localization was based off of. Development of this may very well have started without the license rights to use Dante entirely secure (This was a point of contention that made English Nocturne the missing odd-one-out for years for PS2 SMT games digitally-released on PS3).

So assuming Atlus had to fork over money to put Dante in again, that's cost getting passed-on to the player - Especially if the English localization has him dubbed by Reuben Langdon since this version has voiced lines now.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.