• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I liked his spin on The Avengers theme. Not sure why it's so hated.

youtu.be

Avengers Unite

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupAvengers Unite · Danny ElfmanAvengers: Age of Ultron℗ 2015 Marvel Music, Inc.Released on: 2015-04-28Unknown, Othe...

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As long as he uses the Giachino theme.

But sadly, in the MCU, it seems like if there's a new composer, always a new theme.

It's why Iron Man has 7 different theme songs.

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
The best thing about Giacchino's score to Doctor Strange was the 'Master of the Mystic End Credits' which captured the late-60's early-70's psychedelic rock sound the whole score should've gone with, so if Elfman riffs on that more for the whole score for Multiverse of Madness it'll be an improvement, get some sitar and harpsichord action in there.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This was a lifetime ago. Both these dudes haven't put out something good in 20 years.
But Spider-Man 2 was 16 years ago 🤔

Just wait until they announce who's doing the editing and who's doing the cinematography.
That would make it an exciting combo for how crazy Strange might get:

Bob Murawski is a lock as Editor (Worked on almost all Raimi films since Darkman and won an Oscar for Hurt Locker)
Bill Pope as Cinematographer (Matrix Trilogy, Spider-Man 2/3, Scott Pilgrim and Baby Driver👀) worked on Shang-Chi so he might hop on over and join the team.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If his JL soundtrack is anything to go by....I'm sorry Strange fans.

His JL score was meant to mimick the score of the last two movies (MoS and BvS), Elfman's usual work is far more exciting.

And besides, I believe once Junkie XL's score is heard in the new JL, people will realize Elfman did it better anyway.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
His JL score was meant to mimick the score of the last two movies (MoS and BvS), Elfman's usual work is far more exciting.

And besides, I believe once Junkie XL's score is heard in the new JL, people will realize Elfman did it better anyway.
Was he meant to mimic Zimmer's music? The man said there's only one Batman theme and shoved his old music into the movie. 😂

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
As long as he uses the Giachino theme.

But sadly, in the MCU, it seems like if there's a new composer, always a new theme.

It's why Iron Man has 7 different theme songs.
Something to do about royalties I believe. I remember reading an interview with Brian Tyler about why he didn't reuse Patrick Doyle's Thor theme in Thor: The Dark World.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says 'mimic the score of the last two movies' like trotting out the Batman 89 theme.
Was he meant to mimic Zimmer's music? The man said there's only one Batman theme and shoved his old music into the movie. 😂

Of course he's gonna use his own Batman theme.

But outside of that and the quote of the John Williams theme, the tone of the score is very much that of the established tone set by the MoS and BvS scores and not his usual work.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I do hope he at least uses Giacchino's theme.

Something to do about royalties I believe. I remember reading an interview with Brian Tyler about why he didn't reuse Patrick Doyle's Thor theme in Thor: The Dark World.

Which is odd because Alan Silvestri used the themes from Black Panther and Doctor Strange for his Infinity War score.