• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Shame to see them leave, as a casual follower of them and regular listener to the podcast. Weird to see it go forwards without them.

100% think they left to start a video-focused Patreon together.

Hugh Jackman me if old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I honestly haven't followed IGN in over a decade, but the people that leave it tend to get traction on social media and I learn of them that way. Happened numerous times already. Best of luck in their endeavors! Seems like IGN doesn't allow some of their employees to grow so they inevitably move on like this.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smart, IGN is a giant but the media landscape has transitioned away from their model a while ago. They can carve out a niche.

OP
OP
Jam

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Probably making their own show/prepare to try series and live off patreon stuff.

Prepare to Try ended this weekend, I think that was their own thing anyway and not affiliated with IGN so doubt they'll resurrect it, re-brand it or anything. I think it's dead for the time being.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, weird he used that picture. But it's Dale that's leaving not Rory.
Rory is leaving too:

Prepare to Try ended this weekend, I think that was their own thing anyway and not affiliated with IGN so doubt they'll resurrect it, re-brand it or anything. I think it's dead for the time being.
Err nope, they mentioned that's almost definitely a thing that will continue, with details January 7th. They can't use the name anymore though, since IGN owns that.

OP
OP
Jam

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, Rory is leaving as well, they all say so in the last ep. I'm looking forward to what they've got cooking up, I'm a big fan.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I honestly don't think any of them would have left if the other 2 weren't on board. Them guys have become the best of mates.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Any chance they're all going to join Kinda Funny? KF is hyping a "Kinda Funny 4.0" 12-hour live stream on the 4th where "everything changes".

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gav Murphy is funny as fuck. Krupa has pretty good commentary too. Gav used to go on Matt Lees podcast quite a bit.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It is telling that I don't recognise any of these guys, 6/7 years ago I probably used IGN for most of my gaming news.

mcmahonman

Oct 30, 2017
For the record Daniel Krupa is the only one that has been there for 7 years. Gav and Rory have been there for 4 years.

Prepare To Try is incredible and I am looking forward to what's next for the lads.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
They Crack me up and I will always support 3 great friends doing things together

OP
OP
Jam

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Had a little mooch around (it is my job technically in some capacity haha) and the lads have set up a company called RKG Productions Ltd.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11639128/officers

Seems like they've had it planned for a while and I for one am very excited to see what they've got planned on January 7th!

Yeah on the podcast they mentioned a little bit about the process of the paperwork for it. Seems it was just planned to coincide with them leaving over the Christmas break.

Interesting though is that the official residence is situated in Manchester, I just assumed they'd stay in London.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Yeah, they're my favorites in the business! I'm sticking to them to whatever they do! <3

I can't recommend enough all of their Seasons.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Yeah on the podcast they mentioned a little bit about the process of the paperwork for it. Seems it was just planned to coincide with them leaving over the Christmas break.

Interesting though is that the official residence is situated in Manchester, I just assumed they'd stay in London.

I reckon they'll stay in London. They seem to be involved in other London-based projects, might just be an office/consultancy space they've rented.

OP
OP
Jam

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I reckon they'll stay in London. They seem to be involved in other London-based projects, might just be an office/consultancy space they've rented.

I don't think they're in a financial position to be renting a second property in Manchester really if it is going to be a Patreon like we assume.

If this was months down the road of a successful run I'd agree with you. But yeah I assumed they would stay in London too.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this trend of notable IGN personalities leaving to go independent with Patreon doesn't say particularly good things about IGN's salaries. I'm guessing there's very little room for growth.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Eh it's publically neccassary information. Not exactly Doxxing.

And it's next to a takeaway and an accountants. I think it's just going to be their office based on the look of it.

Cool, I want trying to accuse the person of purposly doxing, you can never be to careful nowadays but it does sound like an office space from what your describing.

Oct 25, 2017