• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect the most juicy stuff to happen sooner. Even with Microsoft's event in May, gameplay demos should still be delayed, they could show whatever they have now i guess but the stuff that's slowed down because of covid will hit later like july maybe.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cryo freeze me til May
s10e12_720.jpg

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
I haven't managed to work up much enthusiasm for next gen yet. I hope Sony and MS have both got something in store that'll blow my socks off.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I have a feeling Sony and Microsoft will do events in May, while Nintendo will stick to E3 week.

Oct 27, 2017
I could see the things getting pushed back being reveals for 2021 games, not the console reveals themselves. Like if Xbox and PS have say 1-2 first party launch games, they reveal the console, date, price and those few titles, along with third party reveals for launch but 2021 and after titles that would normally be teasers for the consoles future wouldn't be shown until July-Aug, etc

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
I highly doubt Sony is gonna lose so much mindshare given they've always been the market leaders in every gen besides last, and any news they drop gets a lot of buzz and attention. That controller design spread like wildfire. And lets some people lose interest, once the game trailers drop, people who lost interest will very likely be brought back into the hype
Can't argue with that honestly lol
I'm pouting now but once they open the floodgates, I'll be right there

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible they will be sending some kind of review units to media outlets for initial game impressions or is that just not happening this year? Seems pretty risky to do something like that.

It will really suck if the only thing we get is video of the games. I want impressions!

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most nothing things lol.

Games will be announced earlier. Games will be announced later. Some will be announced around that time.

No shit.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Is it possible they will be sending some kind of review units to media outlets for initial game impressions or is that just not happening this year? Seems pretty risky to do something like that.

It will really suck if the only thing we get is video of the games. I want impressions!
I can see them getting some units a week or two before release.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Excited abou Ps5 reveal, some next gen games and BOTW2

Last edited:

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't heard anything regarding Sony. I'm not sure when they will have their event

Also, isn't the rumor that MS has their event the first week of May?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I can see them getting some units a week or two before release.
That is definitely going to happen. But for these summer e3 replacement events other then the reveals and presentations you want to see impressions of these games. The good, the bad and the downright crazy.

I totally understand if its impossible to do that right now but it will stink to not have all of those impressions about the systems, controllers, games, etc.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Bloomberg article is to be believed then Sony will show the console next month. Don't know if they will tweet it out or hold a digital event.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
So question is will we be able to pre order the ps5 in may? I gotta secure mine asap. Oh and i hope to see a Ratchet game as part of the launch line up.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
One of the most nothing things lol.

Games will be announced earlier. Games will be announced later. Some will be announced around that time.

No shit.

I don't think you realize the significance.... Game announcements are usually shoved into E3 week, outside of smaller games leading to the event or strategic first party game announcements scattered throughout the big summer conferences (E3, Gamescom, and the console reveal/blowout events that happen every gen).

Whats being said is that we can see these game announcements all across the summer/early fall, even in dead months like July that usually have no big announcements. Basically, publishers have control over their announcements and can pick a week after some other publisher does all their announcements to get the full interest of consumers.

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
I don't care if we have to wait till june, just give me a damn conference date to look forward to already Microsoft or sony!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My guess is we'll get a Sony event sandwiched between Microsoft's 2, and then the news cycle will transition into IGN's "Summer of Gaming" thing, and we'll continue getting dripfeeds until the GamesCom online show.

On the bright side of such a slow rollout, maybe July won't be a dead month for games this year.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
It makes sense for Microsoft to go first, since they are very eager to start next-gen and try to reclaim some ground in marketshare.
Sony is not in the same position, they want to profit on the PS4 success as long as they possibly can. There is no real incentive for them to go early.
I'm also wondering what are Nintendo's plans for this holiday, will they just look at next-gen by the wayside to try to drop some bombshell such as BOTW 2 or those rumored Mario remasters.

Oct 27, 2017
I cant see MS having a separate event just for the Series X. They have already revealed the specs, controller, console, marquee launch title (Halo Infinite), and other features like quick resume and showcased back compat.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
With TLOU2 delayed and GoT probably following its example, I could definitely see Sony bringing the PS5 unveil forward. Otherwise I think they probably would've waited it out.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Im actually really hoping ps5 to be delayed. Im planning to go party in singapore in july. Im going to be so broke if it is released early

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
I think Sony has done well but I don't get why anytime anyone questions the quality of something metrics are involved.

Sony is slow playing this and I expect their events will be incredibly awesome and I'm looking forward to it!

Because its factual data. Its not an opinion constructed by biased thinking. The opinions on sonys Marketing and advertising here are completely worthless. You have a lot of people (mostly xbox fans wanting to spread some FUD) who are saying sony are messing up. However, the data and the facts completely suggest otherwise. And that's why its brought up

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Because its factual data. Its not an opinion constructed by biased thinking. The opinions on sonys Marketing and advertising here are completely worthless. You have a lot of people (mostly xbox fans wanting to spread some FUD) who are saying sony are messing up. However, the data and the facts completely suggest otherwise. And that's why its brought up
I think it tells us that the PS brand is so strong that they don't really need to have a competent marketing strategy.