• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They've got a FAQ up on their website now
http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/2019/03/27/dangerous-driving-your-questions-answered/

- 30fps on base consoles, 60fps on enhanced

YxCkzkE.gif

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This will be my first purchase on the Epic Game Store. Burnout 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, I love it too much to not support DD at launch.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I LOVE burnout 3 but these clips look... Pretty bad. Cars seem weightless and you can't see what is going on at all. I want to support devs that are trying to revive franchises I love but I'm really tempted to wait a few months for this one once multiple updates come in.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if this game has branching/alternate paths? Even though I really enjoyed Burnout Revenge, I didn't like it as much as Takedown because of the inclusion of them. I felt like it took away a bit of the tension and thrill of being near your opponents as they could be on an alternate path. I prefer the game didn't create ways for me to not see my opponent as much as possible. I want to be on edge about making them crash or crashing myself as much as possible.

EDIT: I'm kinda baffled by the 30fps on base consoles. I feel like they should have just toned down the visuals to meet 60fps on them. Also the EPIC store deal means I'll be waiting awhile hoping for it to come to Steam.

Last edited:

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm getting this for my Xbox One X, but It's unfortunate that this game will be 30 FPS on the original PS4 & Xbox One (S). It will probably feel more like an extreme version of 2010's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit rather than a modern Burnout 3 on those consoles. 60 FPS should have been the priority on all systems, even if it meant making the older console versions ~900p in my opinion.

For what it's worth, Onrush (on base Xbone) and Rocket League (on Switch) have options to prioritize 60 FPS over resolution.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High FOV is kind of silly looking. Hope that's adjustable. Looks good other than that. Best of luck to the team.

OP
OP
MysticGon

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Pre-ordered a physical copy to arrive on site while I'm working away, will make for some entertaining evenings with my pro hopefully :)

Where was Burnout Paradise 30fps?

My mistake. I rememberef the slowdowns on 360 and thought 30fps. I guess it won't be as smooth as Burnout on the base systems then. :( Only 30fps good racing games I can think of are DriveClub and the Forza Horizon series. So hopefully it feels as fun to play.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks cool. Might check this out. Burnout 3 was one of the best arcade racers of all time. I could do with a nostalgic esque trip with a fresh coat of current gen paint.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/2019/03/27/dangerous-driving-your-questions-answered/

Is there Music in the game?

We have long believed that racing games shouldn't have just one soundtrack. Music, especially the music you drive to, is incredibly personal – and changes based on your mood. It would be hard to have just one soundtrack that suited all players in all those moments.

That's why we love things like Spotify's 'Songs to listen to in the car', a smart playlist which picks music for you based on the music you already like to listen to – its personal for everybody.

So we are delighted to announce that Dangerous Driving has Spotify integrated into the game.

Whilst Spotify has existed on console for a while not everyone remembers to go set it up and also you have to either control it from another device or keep exiting the game to change track etc. Its not integrated. You'll be able to authorise it from within the Audio Menu and from then on you'll be able to control your music from within the game.

Currently you'll need to go out to the Spotify app on the device you're playing on e.g. PlayStation4 or Xbox / PC to choose the playlist but this is something that we hope to integrate even further in the future. Once the playlist is selected then you can skip tracks forward and back and pause the music in game.

And you'll be able to follow us and see our suggested playlists.
Wait a minute, I breezed over this before, but are they implying that this game doesn't come with licensed music?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
How many Criterion devs were there? It feels like every 5 of them split off and made a studio. I'm sure I've heard this same thing about 4 times before. The games always look kinda similar too...

Well I do know Sean Murray was the technical lead for Burnout 3 and Black during his Criterion days. He actually came up with the Crash Mode. Obviously he's no longer with the company since founding Hello Games and whatnot.

There are some Sumo Digital guys at HG as well. So I am curious what their take on an Arcade style racer would be like.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's because I just heard the audio version of the interview but he gives me a bad first impression.

He seems very arrogant in a lot of his responses and sounded like he didn't really want to do the interview.

That really is just how he is. He was the same in a Giant Bomb Interview a while back. I dont think it is bad thing, sure it is probably not PR friendly, but he seems to just say what he thinks. It is kinda refreshing not to hear totally rehearsed answers in interviews like this IMO.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching through that interview, shocked to hear that they only just started working on the online (as in a couple days ago). How are they going to get it ready and bug free by the end of May? It might be wise to expect a delay.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So the game... doesn't have any music at all?
Kind of a genius setup for an indie racing/sports dev with little budget though, maybe. Your just hook in Spotify and then set up a playlist of all the big songs you would put on the soundtrack but can't license.

Users without premium have to listen to ads, but that's just like car radio! :P

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
So the game... doesn't have any music at all?

Kind of a genius setup for an indie racing/sports dev with little budget though, maybe. Your just hook in Spotify and then set up a playlist of all the big songs you would put on the soundtrack but can't license.

This is what the devs have to say about the music.

Having Spotify intergrated is nice but what made the Burnout games so memorable to me was the soundtrack. Just the main theme of Burnout 2 alone or "we are the lazy generation" of 3! I can still listen to the old songs in Dangerous Driving but i wish this game had it's own killer soundtrack!

So i guess without Spotify there is no music at all, not even in the menu? And no announcer like DJ Atomika or Striker... i will miss all of it but i'm still buying the game, this generation is starving for fun arcade racers like this and this indie developer needs all the support.

Too bad EA doesn't give a damn about Burnout or NFS anymore. They absolutely destroyed most of their arcade franchises... SSX is also one of them.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I never understand the love for licenced soundtracks in games like this and Tony Hawk and such. They drive me crazy after a while even if there is a bunch of songs I like.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Music is, like, the easiest thing to add to your game. Getting music composed for your game is not expensive. Heck, licensing royalty free music is even less expensive. I cannot understand why all of their games have no music whatsoever.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
It sounds like only Spotify Premium is supported, they've repeatedly said Premium.

Comparing side by side:
The FOV in Dangerous Driving may have changed since that footage. The UI has changed since then.

Previews are starting to come out and they're positive:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ng-represents-the-road-not-taken-by-burnout-4
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/fea...is-burnout-in-everything-but-name-1203176884/

Oct 27, 2017
Idk, it's not ideal sure but Burnout Paradise feels okay at 30fps. I have hope

Pretty sure Burnout Paradise has been 60fps on everything. EDIT - okay, I see you later realised your error.

Sad to hear there's no music in this. They should even try to get some public domain opera music in there. I loved that in Burnout Paradise. It seemed strangely calming given the subject matter.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just preordered this and Crash (Sonic isn't up yet).

Haven't bought a racing game in years but it looks like I'm going to have some arcade fun over the next few months!

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
That BS statement regarding the EGS just makes me not want to purchase it anywhere.

Oct 29, 2017
Music is, like, the easiest thing to add to your game. Getting music composed for your game is not expensive. Heck, licensing royalty free music is even less expensive. I cannot understand why all of their games have no music whatsoever.

Getting licensed music IS expensive however... And most of their previous games all had licensed soundtracks.

This just mirrors the way that they made previous Burnout games; they had no in-house music composers. So if they wanted to keep the same kind of feel for this game, custom soundtracks was the only viable way of doing it.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
Getting licensed music IS expensive however... And most of their previous games all had licensed soundtracks.

This just mirrors the way that they made previous Burnout games; they had no in-house music composers. So if they wanted to keep the same kind of feel for this game, custom soundtracks was the only viable way of doing it.
The first two games had original music. Dangerous Golf had a theme in the same vein.

The sound design in this clip drives me mad, it's too repetitive: https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/04/02/dangerous-driving-pursuit-mode-coupe-gold-run

For me, when Burnout Paradise Remastered exists, this has to at least match that, open world aside. It's almost there.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today's vids:

"In a month or two, we're gonna patch in the six player online".

Be prepared for the possibility of only playing online after Crash and Sonic come out.

OP
OP
MysticGon

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Today's vids:

Be prepared for the possibility of only playing online after Crash and Sonic come out.

Well, it's definitely stripped down but if the driving itself is fun I'll forgive it for almost anything.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The pre-order is up on PSN for at least 10% here in NA:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1898-CUSA13965_00-DANGEROUSDRIVING

Reminds me of PGR2's radio station for in-game music where you could use the songs you ripped to the hard drive as the library for what appears on the radio station that could pause the song between races and continue where you left off.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Today's vids:

Is it just me or do the effects in the latest vids seem toned down from the previous ones? Less motion blur, less sparks, lighting is less blown out, the screen doesn't seem to shake as much when cars crash or land from a jump... looks somehow more weightless than before.

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Loved the old Burnout games on the PS2 and to somewhat lesser extent Burnout Paradise. Was sad that the series never returned for some meaningful new games and was hoping that some studio would pick up the slack and create something similar but never did. Based on the trailer i am non plussed however which is sad to me. The gameplay and everything else looks strangely bland and i would've liked some new ideas or advancements after such a long hiatus compared to the old games but i see none here. If i am honest in some regards the presentation seems to be lot less fun then in the old games somehow.

I understand they had very few people working on this and very limited money but still.... this is not the game that i was hoping to see after so many years :(

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, I'll prolly just wait for it to hit Gamepass or games with gold. Just not feeling it with the vids.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the old Burnout games on the PS2 and to somewhat lesser extent Burnout Paradise. Was sad that the series never returned for some meaningful new games and was hoping that some studio would pick up the slack and create something similar but never did. Based on the trailer i am non plussed however which is sad to me. The gameplay and everything else looks strangely bland and i would've liked some new ideas or advancements after such a long hiatus compared to the old games but i see none here. If i am honest in some regards the presentation seems to be lot less fun then in the old games somehow.

I understand they had very few people working on this and very limited money but still.... this is not the game that i was hoping to see after so many years :(
The RPS video showed off some cool twists and ideas that add some new flavor to the Burnout formula. I mean, it's still basically Burnout spiritual successor right down to the menu designs but the mechanics and different modes all seem like cool evolutions to the classic formula IMO

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Gamers:
Everyone wants a Burnout 3 spiritual sequel. When, years later, one finally comes out, every detail gets scrutinized, everyone shits on it before even playing.
Weeks later, when the game is dead (along with the company who made it and chances of a similar game in the future) gamers cry out loud and are saddened that the industry is filled battle Royale games and COD clones...

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Gamers:
Everyone wants a Burnout 3 spiritual sequel. When, years later, one finally comes out, every detail gets scrutinized, everyone shits on it before even playing.
Weeks later, when the game is dead (along with the company who made it and chances of a similar game in the future) gamers cry out loud and are saddened that the industry is filled battle Royale games and COD clones...

I mean, is it possible to appreciate the good and recognize the bad at the same time, or is that just an impossible concept?

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I mean, is it possible to appreciate the good and recognize the bad at the same time, or is that just an impossible concept?
It's exactly how it should be, yes. But I read a lot of "not 60 fps on base console no buy / no shitty punk rock soundtrack no buy / not buying with that FOV / online in a month !? WTF no buy!! / Bought Dangerous Golf and it sucked no buy"... I mean, that's not appreciating the good and recognizing the bad to me.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Today's vids:

I'm sorry, but this is looks so janky and low budget - it might be fun to play, but seriously disappointed with the presentation. Is the lack of music confirmed?