• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

What up y'all, here's my Tenko cosplay from Anime North this past weekend

I've been there at Anime North and this is when I found an incredible cosplay of Angie and Korekiyo from last Friday.

6mmToKG.jpg

They also gave me a card that showed an appreciation for taking pic of them, that's really cool of them.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
V3 Case 3

I don't really get what's happening with regards to the overall mystery.
  • Gonta said there's no bugs
  • Gonta said the stars are unfamiliar
  • The funeral flashback scene
  • The meteor scene
I guess the earth got destroyed by those meteors, and Gonta not recognizing any constellations make me think either this is another planet well outside the solar system, or we're like a billion years in the future or past. The weird thing is there's wind, so I guess the cage doesn't double as an environmental seal. If we're in the past, the atmosphere wouldn't have enough oxygen, and if we're in the future, I guess they managed to fix the pollution and shit. It would be pretty convenient to find a planet identical to Earth from its surface, from gravity to atmospheric pressure to atmospheric makeup to length of day to apparent size/color of the sun and so on. I half-expect the sky and city outside the cage to be some bullshit hologram. But honestly, I stop paying much attention once a story establishes it'll fuck with characters' memories with laser precision willy-nilly.

I like how the characters are driving the story more than Monokuma just kind of making someone commit a murder. This cult stuff is a lot more interesting and natural than "haha you random people got Despair Disease now". I really had no idea what was going on in the case going into the trial though. Really flying by the seat of my pants, which I always like.

My investment in Maki's friendship fragments is paying off. We're three for three with the distant quiet girl being helpful in these games. lol

Kokichi's "it's a lie!" legitimately got me. I was thinking how it was getting a bit predictable that two people got murdered on the third case yet again, so I was kind of excited to have to solve three murders in one trial. That was a great laugh though. Kokichi's growing on me a bit, and I get the feeling that lying is kind of the theme of this game, so he's probably important to the story somehow.

Miu is getting annoying. I never liked or found funny the masochist character who enjoys being abused, but a steadily increasing percentage of her lines are getting devoted to this trait. And a steadily increasing percentage of all dialogue is Miu's. It's getting old. Also, cum dumpster? Damn.

I finally missed a back route, the second one. I think it was a debate about Himiko picking the room, where the weak spots are like "Himiko was convinced to pick the room" and "the other rooms were trapped too". I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to lie about there, my health was low, and time was running out, so I just moved on. Gah.

Thinking back to the beginning of the series, I think the agreement weak spots really made the series a lot more enjoyable. Since you don't have to contradict someone in every nonstop debate, you don't have to have everyone asserting idiotic shit as fact constantly. Instead they can offer ideas that turn out correct, which makes them feel not as useless. In the first game, everyone besides Makoto, Kyoko and Byakuya came off like pretty rock-stupid dolts, with Celeste being sort of smart IIRC. In 2, there was more of a spectrum of intelligence/helpfulness, with Akane and Kazuichi coming off to me like as dumb as most people in DR1 but with plenty of people paying more attention. For an example, during the seance in V3, there was that thunk sound. Had this crime happened in the first game, in a nonstop debate someone would be like "there was nothing weird during the seance!!" somehow having forgotten about that loud sound because they're soo dumb and wacky xD. Now, people offer ideas first, letting you to agree with them and prove/corroborate it.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a PSVR & the first thing I tried was the Danganronpa Cyber Trial.

............BOY that was short (like not even 10 minutes) & OF COURSE they decide to use the final execution from the first game. I knew I was fine but it still made me laugh in a "hahahaha this is kinda creepin' me out" way. At the very least, it seemed to have sold me on buying VR & really hope we can get something a bit more fleshed out.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Lucahjin's playthrough of DR 1 is extremely entertaining, she only gets attached to characters that die, and she usually only does so right before they die, she loved
sakura
since the start and
sakura
dying fucking destroyed her, upupupupupu

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So is it worth playing V3 is the overall plot points have been spoiled before hand? My friend just slapped me with a whole bunch so I did t pick it up. But I got the Japanese version as a gift the other day for my birthday.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese speaking DR fans, is zanki zero good? I am feeling a serious withdraw of DR content and I would like to know if Zanki Zero can fill the void.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So I bought Danganronpa V3 since it was on sale for Vita. However, I was wanting to get caught up on everything before I play it (Even though it's apparently it's own thing.
I've played DG1 and 2 in the past but can't remember all the specifics.

So was wondering would watching both of these recaps

beating Despair Girls (Which I am working on now)

Then Watching the Danganropa 3 anime be a good way to get all caught up?
I guess I can through in the recap for Dangaronpa Zero as well in there.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I would say since you did play them none of that is necessary.

Despair Girls and the anime are super unnecessary since I only read a summary of the former and nothing of the later. Neither of them had any plot relevance to V3 and if there were any easter eggs they must have been really minor..

Oct 25, 2017
You dont need recaps. You dont really need UDG either unless you're interested in it on its own

You REALLY dont need D3.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
We're close enough to TGS to where I'm now thinking of the possibility of there being any DR related announcements. The only thing I can think of is that rumor last year that they were hiring for some sort of action game.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first case in V3...and...that wasn't what I was expecting...holy shit. I actually wanted to be different and
give me a female main character
, but this was still very well done. The whole case made no sense until you had to look at the least likely suspect. Very well done.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
shocked nobody's talking about danganronpa kill/cure, i'm not usually one for fan projects but it looks fucking incredible, here's a good summary video by Weeby that goes over what exactly it is

also the trailer

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I had considered posting about it in this thread a few weeks ago but never got around to it. As somebody who's currently starved of DR content, I'm in. It's got a level of polish to it that no other fan project has, at least from what I've seen.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good holy crap. This may be the most faithful and ambitious fan game I've ever seen. Hopefully it turns out well. Would love to try this out, even if it's shorter than the other games.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so good holy crap. This may be the most faithful and ambitious fan game I've ever seen. Hopefully it turns out well. Would love to try this out, even if it's shorter than the other games.

It's just a Youtube series sadly. If it was a fangame I'd be going gaga. But eh I'll still check it out.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's just a Youtube series sadly. If it was a fangame I'd be going gaga. But eh I'll still check it out.
Oh dang that is a bummer. I'm generally not one to watch let's plays of the series like I know some people do. But I'll still check it out as well because I'm very interested.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with projects like these is... what happens if Spike Chunsoft decides they'd like to C&D this thing? Did they get the okay from them before going on with it?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with projects like these is... what happens if Spike Chunsoft decides they'd like to C&D this thing? Did they get the okay from them before going on with it?
They've said that they contacted Spike Chunsoft and even NISA about the project but have yet to get a response from either. They're fully aware of what might happen and have told people not to be mad at the companies if it does get a C&D, but I can't imagine why Spike would care to even go through the effort. Companies can be nonsensical like that, though.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

The rest of Kill/Cure's VAs have been revealed.

I think I like Otaki. And the mascot's VA sounds a hell of a lot like Cassandra Lee Morris doing Morgana, haha.

On a more official note, I think I've given up hope of anything DR-related being at TGS this year.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, I guess they could. I'm not sure if I want DR without him tho
It'll totally go on as one of Spike Chunsoft's more notably successful franchises.

The fourth mainline entry could be a disaster when all's said and done, but I'm going to at least maintain interest (a morbid curiosity) in seeing what they'll do without Kodaka for now. The series could actually end up benefiting from a fresh perspective in some ways if they play it right.

Buddha0991

Oct 25, 2017
Kodaka and this team in general seem to still be on good terms with Spike Chunsoft, with one of Kodaka's new games being a joint project with them and the Zero Escape creator also still making the new game he was making for Spike Chunsoft for them still, so who knows about the future but for now byeyonara Danganronpa, you were an amazing series for me despite some things

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

The Japanese Version of Danganronpa Rebirth just got Released. There are basically two versions of Danganronpa Rebirth - Danganronpa Rebirth which is the Japanese Version as well as Danganronpa Rebirth Voices which is the English Version. Danganronpa Rebirth is probably stopping at chapter 1 while Danganronpa Rebirth Voices is on Class Trial 2 though Class Trial 1 was voices only (that's not the case with Ch2)

Danganronpa Rebirth Voices Link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbCXMQ0XEx_vYPHioeYJcQ

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I'm surprised no one brought up this mess.

Look at this, look at this, and tell me that SC will never make a Dangan Ronpa game ever again.

At the very least, Kodaka not being involved is a massive improvement. So there's that.

The timing is especially great considering Tumblr just disabled NSFW searches entirely. Good luck trying to find smut of her in that outfit now!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had any doubt that it would continue since it's one of their most lucrative franchises, but the way in which they move forward with the series could be... potentially concerning!

Anyways, I'm surprised nobody posted the Kill/Cure teaser from a few days ago. It's looking pretty good.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I've never had any doubt that it would continue since it's one of their most lucrative franchises, but the way in which they move forward with the series could be... potentially concerning!

What, you don't want Dangan Ronpa to turn into fanservice hell? What a shame. As it's already happening.
bonus_01.jpg

(Pachinko!)

At least it's not Another Episode 2, then SC would really have a problem on their hands.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
While i do think we are going to see Danganronpa Merchandise released - i don't think we will get a mainline Danganronpa game any time soon

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Anyways, I'm surprised nobody posted the Kill/Cure teaser from a few days ago. It's looking pretty good.

Better than I thought it would be

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm...pissed that I can't make the Ten outta Tenko pun. Still you wore socks and sandals so I still win in the end.