• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Info about the card game:
y935vwnc1zr41.png

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That's a great idea. Danganronpa card game makes so much sense with the somewhat recent trend of "find the killer" card games becoming big. I'd have fun playing that.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want it to have any connection with the first three games. Just bring back Monokuma and give us new ideas.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The big announcements from this were "Anniversary Editions" of the trilogy coming to Smartphones, a crossover with a mobile game, and a monthly livestream where Naegi's VA will interview someone from the game industry.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The big announcements from this were "Anniversary Editions" of the trilogy coming to Smartphones, a crossover with a mobile game, and a monthly livestream where Naegi's VA will interview someone from the game industry.
Lol.

I've learned my lesson from Tales and Persona livestreams.

TheWill

Sep 24, 2018
I really hope there's a sequel or reboot series.

It'll be hard coming back from one of the worst endings in history (on par with Star Ocean 3), but here's hoping!

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I won't lie, I was hoping for Switch since I don't have a Vita however I wouldn't mind if the trilogy came to mobile and here we go. I hope it isn't too pricy.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I won't lie, I was hoping for Switch since I don't have a Vita however I wouldn't mind if the trilogy came to mobile and here we go. I hope it isn't too pricy.
They clearly showed how there is no way they touch the Switch. And I'd rather not know the reason, it probably stinks.

Well, less money for them. I can live without this series.
Its less a beef with Nintendo but the fear of being removed from Sony ride or die partners list.

Many smaller companies and publishers only get heads up about announcements and access to devs kit for new hardware when they have very strong business relationships in place. Nintendo also has some supporters that stuck with them exclusively even when going multi wouldnt have been the dumbest move.

Sadly that kind of behavior is more common and accepted in Japan. Here in the west people think that something like Persona 5 would be a no-brainer on Switch - meanwhile in Japan since 2017 they probably didnt spent a second about the possibility just because they wouldnt mess up the relationship they have with Sony, especially with Persona being the success that it is.
There's Persona Q, Persona ~~2~~ Scramble...

What Dangan content is on Nintendo console exactly ? And P5S is as close to a main Persona as Despair girls to Dangan if not more.
Not saying your main point is wrong, just adressing the comparison.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
There's Persona Q, Persona ~~2~~ Scramble...

What Dangan content is on Nintendo console exactly ? And P5S is as close to a main Persona as Despair girls to Dangan if not more.
Not saying your mai point is wrong, just adressing the comparison.
Persona is also a much bigger IP with more spin-offs and diversification. For these kind of series it's mostly about the main series because it's pretty much impossible to have all content exclusive, without raising too many questions.

PS. For some reason I thought we were in the MC thread, otherwise I don't think I would have brought up that Person's example lol. This usually leads to thread derailment.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Persona is also a much bigger IP with more spin-offs and diversification. For these kind of series it's mostly about the main series because it's pretty much impossible to have all content exclusive, without raising too many questions.

PS. For some reason I thought we were in the MC thread, otherwise I don't think I would have brought up that Person's example lol. This usually leads to thread derailment.
Time will tell.

I don't see what Spike has to lose honestly.
They should answer themselves the question "Why aren't people buying the Vita ?".

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The first of the talk shows hosted by Megumi Ogata will be starting in about five minutes and they are livestreaming it:

The first set of guests are Kodaka and Terasawa

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
If Capcom aren't going to make/localise Ace Attorney games at a reasonable pace, I'm totally happy to continue to let Danganronpa fill the void.

EDIT: Alternatively, a mobile port is going to be a great way to bring the series to a wider audience!