• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Danganronpa 10th anniversary monthly news broadcasts to begin in May

Danganronpa will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year, and Spike Chunsoft is planning various related measures.
www.famitsu.com

『ダンガンロンパ』10周年企画始動! 毎月の記念番組やゲーム、グッズ、タイアップなどの新情報を発表予定 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

『ダンガンロンパ』シリーズが、2020年で生誕10周年! ということで、スパイク・チュンソフトでは、多種多様な施策を2020年から2021年にかけて展開することを明らかにした。

Gematsu said:
Danganronpa will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year, and Spike Chunsoft is planning various related measures.

One of those measures it the distribution of a monthly Danganronpa-only news broadcast, which will begin in May. Details will be announced at a later date. Various news related to games, merchandise, collaborations, and more is being prepared, which will be shared through various opportunities such as the monthly broadcasts.

There'll be more information at Famitsu's game awards on April 18th. Worth noting that Famitsu doesn't specifically call out a new game in its article, but IIRC there have been job listings for DR games for a while now.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Ugh. I was hoping Danganronpa V3 would be the end of the franchise. However the video game industry has taught me that if something sells it will keep getting made regardless of the artistic merit behind it.

Do something original with the concept and maybe I'll care. Don't give me another group of super smart high schoolers stuck in a school with some contrived reason for what's her face to show up in the end.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm curious about this since I think a lot of people that worked on the series have left now. Really curious as to what happens next.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I honestly don't know if the series could impress me again coming off of how great V3 was, but I do look forward to seeing if we get another game

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh just leave the series alone. They already made more games than they should have.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
A great twist would be, you play as the mastermind. Edging the students to kill each other while you avoid detection until of course near the end when the secret is out.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, they practically confirmed that this was gonna happen last year.
www.resetera.com

New Danganronpa projects teased for 10th anniversary in Spike Chunsoft New Year's card?

As usual at this time of year, this week's issue of Famitsu has a collection of New Year's cards with comments from game companies about the new year. Spike Chunsoft's is the following: Seemingly innocuous by itself but perhaps notable in combination, there was this New Year's card posted on...

There aren't many series that follow the template of Ace Attorney and Danganronpa, so I'd like to see it continue. Ditch the wider world shit and just make it more focused.

Also ditch the dumbass mini-games, please.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with the series at this point. I'm curious to see what they announce though.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh. I was hoping Danganronpa V3 would be the end of the franchise. However the video game industry has taught me that if something sells it will keep getting made regardless of the artistic merit behind it.

Do something original with the concept and maybe I'll care. Don't give me another group of super smart high schoolers stuck in a school with some contrived reason for what's her face to show up in the end.

Did you play/watch DRv3? They can literally do ANYTHING at this point.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The focus on V3 being "the best ending" is everything wrong with the series, imo. I don't need the games to be connected. An anthology series would have been so much better to me.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Willing to come back and denounce all you peasants.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if they went with a female protagonist for the next game, but I don't trust them.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

YES....give me a new DR!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've made it up to DRv3 which I'm currently working my way through.
I'm curious for more, but haven't a lot of the lead people left?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a female protagonist?
what're ya talking about

u got one in v3

And two in Another Episode!

As much as I'd love another game the same way I enjoy more Ace Attorney, I would be content if they just decided to go the reboot route or something, V3 had the most amazing twist & there's no way to top that. Hell, I'd be up for an "all-star" version where it's just the most popular characters across all 3 games combined but all new cases while mixing up the victims & culprits. Just start a new time line, or hell, make each game stand alone going forward.

But I'm keeping expectations low & just expecting them porting all the games to Switch. Maybe Trilogy, or 1 + 2 & then V3 by itself.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
If they could somehow manage to make a game that didn't follow the exact same beats and tropes then I would be totally down for a new game. Unfortunately it took the ending of V3 for them to even attempt to do that so I don't have high hopes.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
V3 has one of my favorite endings in gaming so idk if I want more tbh.
If it's 100% separate from everything before it, I might be down.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If they could somehow manage to make a game that didn't follow the exact same beats and tropes then I would be totally down for a new game. Unfortunately it took the ending of V3 for them to even attempt to do that so I don't have high hopes.
New leads could mean a breath of fresh air. Hopefully.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I love Danganronpa, but if they will keep using the same ending twist over and over let it die.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i expect a game where a seemingly plot relevant character is killed in the first case, a sympathetic murderer in case 2, a double murder with a very unsympathetic killer in case 3, and the death of the lovable big character in case 4

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
My choice would be a full reboot that keeps Monokuma as a character, with no references to the originals outside of the occasional fourth wall break in the mid episode sequences. That lets you make new games (and do new things) while letting V3's ending stand.

(Barring that I'll take a Byakuya character action game)