• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
www.siliconera.com

DanceDanceRevolution V is Coming to PC and You Can Play the Open Alpha Now

DanceDanceRevolution V is coming to PC. A free alpha is currently available to download with fifteen songs available to play.
www.gematsu.com

Dance Dance Revolution V announced for PC browser

Konami has announced Dance Dance Revolution V for PC browser.
p.eagate.573.jp

DanceDanceRevolution V オープンアルファテスト公式サイト

DanceDanceRevolution V オープンアルファテストは、アーケードで大人気のDanceDanceRevolutionシリーズのPC向けオリジナルタイトルです。

Kazuma Hashimoto said:
DanceDanceRevolution V is coming to PC. The announcement broke via the official DanceDanceRevolution Twitter. In addition to this announcement, a free open alpha is currently taking place.

Kazuma Hashimoto said:
Keyboard controls are available. If you happen to have a DanceDanceRevolution game mat you can hook it up if you have the right PC attachments. In order to access the free DanceDanceRevolution V alpha you will need to use your KONAMI ID to log into the service.

Last edited:

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking this will be Japanese exclusive because of licencing etc ? Hope the mobile game comes west though, could be a cool idea.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Some screenshots:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pc gaming and Japanese games have come so far this generation it's amazing. Still have a long way to go but it's on the right track.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the most bizarre bemani to bring to the PC? Covid going to force Konami to PC port everything 🤔

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Some more miscellaneous screenshots:

Title screen:
unknown.png

Song selection list:
unknown.png

Difficulty selection screen:
unknown.png

Dance pad configuration screen:
unknown.png

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
What is the point if Stepmania is basically the same thing?

Well, DDR without Dancemania music is really bad.

Isn't this kind of like asking why someone would ever buy a new DDR game if they already own a previous one? The reason is because it has new music and step charts.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I know it's not that type of game, but... it would be amazing if it didn't look like a game from the early 00s. Oh well.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Ok Bemani, no excuses it's time to bring Pop'n over next. Have NEW Pop'n for arcades and bring old Pop'n for PC, let's go.

Glad to see them pushing more subscriber version, I'm already subscribed to their IIDX PC version. Can't wait for the 120hz PC update.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm logged in with my Konami ID, but I don't see a link to launch the game. Is this restricted to Japan only?

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing, we can play 15 songs on a browser for free. It's not some kind of technological marvel, but it's simply something I would not expect from Konami.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck You Konami, this isn't the PC port i want you to do it. Why it's Japan only? Is there even an audience for DDR on PC?

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Came hear to ask this exact thing. Fans already have, or at least know of, fanbased versions with literally tens of thousands songs ready to go for decades, so whats the point?

The existence of fanbased versions have never stopped players from playing the official versions on PC for all the other games. People still play Infinitas despite the existence of LunaticRave 2, people still play SDVX E-Cloud despite the existence of K Shoot, people still play Miku Future Tone despite the existence of PPD. Plus, many of those fanbased version do not allow official charts. Timing is also different.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Was wondering when this would happen.
SDVX has been a pretty strong PC title for Konami Station so far.
IIDX Infinitas has been out since 2015.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do they still make pads for stuff like this? I'm actually interested if I can get one that isn't garbage.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd immediately bust out my mat, but I haven't played in over a decade now, and I live on a second story of a building lol.

Still got it put away though. Never got rid of my DDR mat. Man I loved DDR.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
Still remember growing up wanting those steel RedOctane pads. What's the best dance pad these days?

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
While I'll give this a spin, I'd really love if Konami changed Infinitas/SDVX's pay model to something like Ultimate Mobile's. It's probably several years too late for that, though. And at the very least, if they had a western website for us western doofuses who still love bemani even if Konami hates us (though, I powered through anyway).

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Well, DDR without Dancemania music is really bad.

This is a terrible, terrible take. The soundtracks in A and A20 are the best yet.

Also, pretty interesting to see that this is browser-based. It will be incredibly easy to set up on an actual DDR machine and I'll give it a shot on mine later today.

For those asking "why?" in a world with Stepmania, two things -- Stepmania isn't nearly as popular in Japan, and it is nice to have a super polished product from Konami with a shared server, new song releases, etc. It absolutely won't be any sort of Stepmania replacement, though. There are sims out for basically every rhythm game under the sun but for the ones that are still active, most players prefer the actual game still.

Do they still make pads for stuff like this? I'm actually interested if I can get one that isn't garbage.

A couple of companies do -- the most popular home pads these days are one from a Polish company L-Tek, and the Stepmaniax pads. The Polish ones are more like your older RedOctane-style pads (~200-300 dollar range?), and Stepmaniax pads are arcade quality and over $1,000. These days many DDR players have their own machines at home or pads from DDR machines and use those.

Last edited:

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
all over this if it comes to the west. Where do you find good dance pads these days though?

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
Do we know if Yuni and Alice are coming back? I'm really excited, hope to hear more 2MB remixes!!

I don't have a dance mat for my PC, but I'll get one!

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck You Konami, this isn't the PC port i want you to do it. Why it's Japan only? Is there even an audience for DDR on PC?
The thirst for PC rhythm games is massive. That's why there are clones of every major arcade rhythm game on PC now and it's been that way for the last 10 years.

This is a logical next step for Konami, and I hope they do this officially for beatmania and other bemani games (and hopefully release them in North America).

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple of companies do -- the most popular home pads these days are one from a Polish company L-Tek, and the Stepmaniax pads. The Polish ones are more like your older RedOctane-style pads (~200-300 dollar range?), and Stepmaniax pads are arcade quality and over $1,000. These days many DDR players have their own machines at home or pads from DDR machines and use those.

Thanks. Those L-Tek ones look like they can slide right into a closet once you're done.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Isn't that technically the only modern DDR audience? StepMania seems to be the way to go if you want to play DDR nowadays. I do wish Konami would release a new DDR game on consoles and do something to ensure support for metal DDR mats on said consoles, but I'll totally settle for a browser-based solution if it comes to the U.S. I assume it'd work out nicely on my media PC that's already connected to my TV.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to those mobile versions of DDR and IIDX we were supposed to be getting?

IIDX released a few months ago. Sound Voltex is still being worked on, and we aren't sure if this PC alpha release of DDR has anything to do with the mobile game or not (name is completely different though).

What is the PC port you want them to do?

Will this have the same insane pricing model as Beatmania Infinitas?

Konami gonna Konami, but I doubt it for a couple of reasons -- 1, this is browser based rather than being a standalone application, overhead should be lower, and 2, DDR in Japan is generally considered wayyyyyyyyy less hardcore than IIDX or Sound Voltex, so the price may be lower or pricing model may be different to accommodate beginners or casuals.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
The thirst for PC rhythm games is massive. That's why there are clones of every major arcade rhythm game on PC now and it's been that way for the last 10 years.

This is a logical next step for Konami, and I hope they do this officially for beatmania and other bemani games (and hopefully release them in North America).

As mentioned previously, Konami released Beatmania and Sound Voltex officially on PC years ago. The business model is a little consumer hostile though.