• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
The situation was a whole lot more complicated than that, for sure. But there were definitely a lot of people who sided with Depp because they were fans of his. Not to mention the fact that a huge swath of the MRA movement threw their weight behind him. The whole situation is really icky, and I don't think Grubb should have stepped in it here, but I don't think he has anything to apologize for.

I think it is just as weird, if not more weird, that a bunch of people are throwing a fit about Grubb's tweet here.
He literally tweeted that any person who sided with Depp was a misogynist.

herbchamberz

Oct 27, 2017
I say this in general, because it happens all the time, but it really is amazing how people take a single Tweet, and then extend that to judge a person's entire being and personality. Pretty wild day and age we live in.

Anyway, excited for the new lineup. And I do like how they really emphasized a refocus on games. That non-game stuff GB has been trying to do in the past year or so never really landed For me.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
greater-good.gif

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy with this crew (barring the problematic tweets Grubb made, hope that's acknowledged sooner than later) and I'm most happy about the Return of the Mario Party King.

Still miss Gerstmann, though. Hope he's doing well. #JeffGerstmannIsStillAMenace

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is crazy. Its sad because i would have loved to have jeff g along with this new cast. Dan ryckert, grubb and bakalar make it for me, but it sucks that we had to lose jeff g to get here.

Dan can keep the OG spirit of GB alive.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I love a lot of that crew! The announcement feels strange in the shadow of Jeff's departure though. It's as if he was never there.

I also think it's really important to remember Grubb's problematic takes on Twitter recently, in which he belittled domestic abuse when talking about the Depp/Heard trial and implied that anyone who believes Depp was a victim actually just hates women.

I've defended Grubb a lot on Era in the past but this was a step too far. As far as I know, he hasn't apologized or commented further.

The no apology really sullies this shit for me with him. Good lord man, own up to it, apologize, be an adult and move on.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of A tier hosts. Tam, Jeff and Lucy. Wow.

Oct 30, 2017
I say this in general, because it happens all the time, but it really is amazing how people take a single Tweet, and then extend that to judge a person's entire being and personality. Pretty wild day and age we live in.

Anyway, excited for the new lineup. And I do like how they really emphasized a refocus on games. That non-game stuff GB has been trying to do in the past year or so never really landed For me.
Well when your response to a multi-faceted and nuanced issue like domestic fucking violence against men is "you hate women if you don't believe Heard" then expect continual blowback. I'm sorry but this dude showed his whole ass and I have zero interest in his opinions on anything. There is better talent that should have been given this opportunity.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
So like....it will be 4-5 on a show right? I like all these people a lot so im excited for this show but thats too much personality in one podcast surely

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what Dan's status is with WWE but the reason the New Day Podcast stopped wasn't due to him, it was due to Xavier Woods and New Day refusing to do more content due to WWE holding up Xavier's UUDD channel and them getting some stuff sorted out with contracts and ownership and stuff. UUDD returned within the past few weeks. The podcast still hasn't returned yet.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what Dan's status is with WWE but the reason the New Day Podcast stopped wasn't due to him, it was due to Xavier Woods and New Day refusing to do more content due to WWE holding up Xavier's UUDD channel and them getting some stuff sorted out with contracts and ownership and stuff. UUDD returned within the past few weeks. The podcast still hasn't returned yet.
In the video he explicitly said he quit. Also "fuck that place".

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
The no apology really sullies this shit for me with him. Good lord man, own up to it, apologize, be an adult and move on.

The fact that he's so prevalent around here while implying anyone who sided with a victim of domestic abuse is a misogynist, is problematic for sure. People like him don't need to be signal boosted.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
This is the best crew they've had in years!

Tam and Lucy joining full time is a big win imo (though seems like a step back from the senior roles they have at Gamespot, unless they're still doing that…)

Dosmo

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I realize they're in a difficult position, but to me that video feels a little tone deaf after Jeff leaving so abruptly.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty awesome lineup of people. I'm interested to see who will all be on the weekly Bombcast?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I love the rest of the cast but bit shite to see Grubb jump on full time, he made himself look like a right twat recently with his views on domestic abuse. Shame that.

herbchamberz

Oct 27, 2017
Well when your response to a multi-faceted and nuanced issue like domestic fucking violence against men is "you hate women if you don't believe Heard" then expect continual blowback. I'm sorry but this dude showed his whole ass and I have zero interest in his opinions on anything. There is better talent that should have been given this opportunity.

I'll admit, I guess I'm a little biased because I've been a listener of Grubb's podcasts for the past year. Overall, I think he's a pretty good dude, and honestly, his viewpoints on a lot of issues seem pretty in sync with Era.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man........ Jeff leaving really, really, sucks. But Dan is like my favorite person in gaming, sooooo..

Real monkey paw situation here.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
I will say I do enjoy listening to Jeff Grubbs podcasts with Mike in the background from time to time, they have some good insight in the industry and are really open about what devs are working on. It does get tiring though having them read all of the troll comments about console wars, and like some of their weird "humor" about Daisy or Lola from Space Jam or reading more troll comments about Mike being a virgin. Like I get that they are having fun and maybe poking fun at each other, but it is a rough transition to go from stories about sexual abuse in the industry followed by how which Pokemon they want to fuck.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I will admit, if they somehow also brought in Tim Turi to be the foil for Dan Rychert, that would be fucking entertaining as hell.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it Dan is back as a creative director too. I guess I'll have to jeep my sub for another year. He's great at coming up with whacky shit and a younger more enthusiastic crew can only mean chaos lol

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dan coming back is great and Lucy and Tamoor seem pretty cool based on what I've seen (even though Tamoor hates Stranger of Paradise).

It still makes me wonder why Gerstmann left, though…