• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, cause I missed Xbox last I'm enjoying gaming much more than I have in so long (WFH since Dec helps).

Played all the MCC campaigns, blast the MP all the time. Played Outer Wilds, Alan Wake, RD2, AC7, Ori 2 and Quantum Break. Most of the way through Sunset Overdrive but I've been distracted by starting a New Vegas play through. Still want to get to Control and Gears at some point.

Having access to so many games across three gens is the most next gen thing for me and I am drowning in games lol.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny thinking back to how slightly crazy I got trying to secure a system before Christmas. Now that it's passed (and I still don't have either a PS5 or XSX), I'm OK with it, and will get them when I get them. But yeah, the dry period after a console launch is nothing new, and I feel like this generation especially is cool since there are so many last-gen titles that are enjoying new life on them due to back-compat.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls got me back into working thru the Souls games. I've barely touched the Xbox, though I have them there also. I just feel this strange obligation to play them all on the same platform.

So yeah bring on more next gen but I'm ok.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Was like this for every console I ever bought at launch. With PS4 I had to keep my PS3 plugged into my TV cause after launch there was pretty much nothing for a while. At least this gen we have more cross gen games then ever plus BC so now we can hold out with with games that at the very least look or run better on current gen consoles. That is a million times better than having to go back to last gen.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We're also going through a raging global pandemic.

Have to be patient with next-gen project announces and subsequently hitting shelves.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My backlog is gonna take years to finish. So its business as usual for me. Well that and I still have the rest of Demon's Souls and Sackboy to finish. Yakuza is in March so I'll definitely be getting that and then Returnal later that month as well (though Monster Hunter could steal much of my time that month...)
But no, no issues on my end. I have plenty of games to play, old gen games play much nicer on my PS5 compared to PS4 Pro so those will tide me over while I wait for more games to be released.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly forgot they came out. No excitement on my end and I don't know if I'll ever even get one.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I will never get people refreshing their feeds 24/7 waiting for the console drops or even buying a console from a scalper these past couple of months unless you're somehow a diehard actually obsessed Demon Soul's fan.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm still trying to get a PS5, still pissed mine went "missing" after I had been lucky enough to pre order it. Maybe I'll get there but I'm looking forward to playing Miles Morales, Demon Souls and then replaying Days Gone and Last of Us part 2 again.

But I assume it's always like that after a new launch. It's not like we are or we're gonna get constant next gen games that actually look next gen.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Nope, there are plenty of games to look forward in the coming months and I'm still trying ti finish all the launch games thaht I have bought lol

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
On PS5 yeah. I'm done with it until Ratchet. I skipped Xbox last gen, so Game Pass is basically a never-ending supply of games at the moment.

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that way. While I think the PS5 is an awesome console, I've been mostly playing PS4 games on it. And Demons Souls was great... but it was a PS3 game with a new coat of paint and QOL adjustments. As a DS vet, the awe of the PS5 version went away the deeper I got into the game and the more it was clear it was just the same damn game I've played in and out over the past 10 years. Still a fun game, well done and everything, but I would love to play a brand new next-gen game I have no familiarity with.

Looking forward to new next-gen experiences for sure.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I have had the feeling of "now what?" but in a more general sense in gaming where I bounce off of any game I try fairly quickly and not just next gen related. That usually happens to me a few times a year though generally lol.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Still playing Demon's Souls, so not really. But I get where you're coming from. Things will pick up soon enough.

Jan 21, 2019
Maybe it's me but I feel like all last year, everyone was excited to get as much news as possible about the next gen consoles. Like everyone was looking for any little news or rumors to quench their curiosity. But now that next gen has started and the holidays are over, anyone else feel a little deflated? Maybe it's the kind of quiet Q1 we're having right now. But maybe it's more of a "Journey is more exciting than the destination kind of thing." I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I get that. I still feel like next gen isn't hear. I have played Miles and Demon's Souls but I just don't feel the next gen feel. The lack of True next gen games is not helping. Demon's Souls looks absolutely bonkers, but it's still a PS3 game at heart. I wanna see Kratos ripping into the fabric of timespace to travel to the different realms in a few seconds. Maybe it's just me but I feel like next gen is truly gonna start 2022.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
It's always like this.

Finish the handful of launch games you purchased and then tackle your backlog.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished the games I bought at launch and I have Ys IX and Persona 5 Strikers coming. The hype died down but I'm still looking forward towards games.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Yes, but it's mostly because there aren't anything but open world games to play after the excellent Demon's Souls. Even indies like Pathless are open world. I miss the early last gen, when everything wasn't like that, particularly when it comes to RPGs and action-adventures. In that sense, there's never been such a drought at launch.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely always like this with a generation transition, but COVID is exacerbating it in multiple ways.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I just want to upgrade before I go back to playing a few games in my backlog, notably Sekiro. Would've been nice to actually play DS3 at 30fps as well but them's the breaks.

Sucks that it's mid-January and next gen still feels like it's 6 months away.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
This is typical. If we get at least a handful of major new releases on PS5/XSX this year, it'll still be an improvement over 2014.

Jun 20, 2018
I don't really think of next-gen starting for 2-3 years after the consoles come out anymore, and it's always more of a gradual thing.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 is a pretty big WHAT coming up in a couple weeks

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much. I haven't played anything on my PS5 in over two weeks. Been working through DBZ Kakarot on the XSX waiting for the Medium. Switch has been seeing a lot of action still, though... Since systems have BC this time, it is not nearly as bad as as when the PS4 launched and my PS4 sat dormant a majority of the time after launch whilst I played Dark Souls 2 and South Park on PS3....

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I bought them to also play last Gen games on so it's fine for me. Also it's like this for every new Gen but at least BC was a major focus this time around so I can unplug the old consoles.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
No. Is the next-gen out? From all the gamers that I personally know in my country not a single one of us got a PS5 or XBOXSEX. The only way I know these consoles have come out (kinda) is through media outlets and influencers that somehow managed to get them.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
no because unlike some people here I ultimately enjoy playing games more than participating in hype culture

OP
OP
KAMI-SAMA

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm starting to think it was the oversaturation of next gen gaming news while I had to sit at home during a pandemic haha. Before being able to live our lives normally allowed me to pass the time, but I can't do that currently so I'm looking for the next best thing.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
No there's a lot of good stuff coming. I didn't buy a PS5 specifically for launch games. While waiting I'm chipping at my backlog (and I have Cyberpunk) so I don't mind pumping the brakes a bit.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
Ionno, I'm enjoying my last gen games a lot more now that my machine doesn't sound like it's going to blow up (PS4 Pro)

That alone was worth upgrading early for me

Though I seem to have that random disc spin bug :/

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't buy into the new gen hype so nope. I'm having a grand old time playing games on my backlog and replaying my favorites. Still adding new games to said backlog too. Next gen has a lot to compete with for my limited time and attention with all of that going on. Shiny graphics and faster hardware don't impress me like they used to. When FFVIIR or another game I really must play drops I'll get one.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, haven't played a game on the PS5 for over a week now.

I knew it would be like this but there is a bit of a come down after the run up to launch and the hype during November.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
My backlog is significant enough to enjoy all the little benefits afforded to me with a PS5. I am not even sure I will jump on many truly next gen games at launch as long as they are priced at $70, will wait for sales.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
The consoles are back compat. Unless you're waiting for something new or specific, you're choosing not to play anything

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
The magic has been gone for these last few gens as well I feel.

Going from N64 to Gamecube was the last time. Now beefy PC's and the internet spoil me in everything.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I'm starting to think it was the oversaturation of next gen gaming news while I had to sit at home during a pandemic haha. Before being able to live our lives normally allowed me to pass the time, but I can't do that currently so I'm looking for the next best thing.

There's twice as many consoles as there are true new-non-port or remasters developed for the next gen consoles and it's a short demo showcasing the new Playstation controller.

There's simply no 'next-gen' games.

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
Because of better frame rates and most of all significantly reduced loading times I'm enjoying my Ps5 a lot. Even though I'm playing mostly PS4 games it really feels like a giant step up.