• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
2dXbd4G.jpg

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The Wonderful 101 is too niche for it.

Tried "Wonder Red joins Super Smash Bros" and that didn't work so put in "The Wonderful 101 joins Super Smash Bros" and it was still just pictures of Mario punching things.

Last edited:

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
"Dark figure hiding in corner"

I personally really liked this one:
60adefeb65edd27be60b8276f5d867dc.png

This is neat, thanks for sharing.
that is pretty spooky

The highlither green color does make it fresh 🤷

Some of these examples just make me question the legality of the repository of images these AI draw from to generate these images.
They probably just google searched the dataset.

DALLE 1.0 = Toilets running on a 3090. This is great!

I just went into the Reddit for the Dall-E Beta and my mind is literally blown away.

A still of Kermit the Frog in Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

mgaw4jestt291.jpg
DALLE 2.0 = SHIT ON YOURSELF, THAT'S REAL?

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I've had some fun ones today

Charcoal sketch of Ted Nugent kissing a pig
rmPv4Cc.jpeg

Sidewalk chalk drawing of a chibi Beyoncé
e9t04br.jpeg

Freddy Kreuger on I Love Lucy

jr4H9lJ.jpeg

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know why the faces are so messed up? Surely the AI should realize what an eyeball looks like. I can see the nose being difficult but the eyes and mouth should be fairly simple.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know why the faces are so messed up? Surely the AI should realize what an eyeball looks like. I can see the nose being difficult but the eyes and mouth should be fairly simple.

Its likely on purpose, they don't want issues with them being sued or stuff like deep fakes. Dalle 2 definitely won't have real people and celebrities for instance.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Its likely on purpose, they don't want issues with them being sued or stuff like deep fakes. Dalle 2 definitely won't have real people and celebrities for instance.

That makes sense. I think it's a little bit foolish though because eventually this tech will be so much better and so freely available that you will be able to create whatever you want just like you can in photoshop. Photoshop is a manual process which is different of course, but Photoshop isn't banned because you can make funny celebrity photos.

It may take 5 years, it may take 20 years, but the future will allow for image creation of anything using AI. The only way it won't happen is if laws are passed where you can't upload "fake" pictures online, but I don't know if that would ever happen. Famous people not wanting to be in fake images eating a hamburger in a field of grass wearing a top hat shouldn't stop this type of technology moving forward. Ai generation, with people, has many legitimately good applications. To remove the human element, would drastically lower the usefulness of this tech.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot-20220614-233856-Chrome.jpg

I tried to do a Steven Seagal being eaten by T-Rex but somehow the images generated seem to be the t-rex being eaten by Steven Seagal.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Interesting,
I think the resolution might not be high enough to actually capture a Pollock

Alf in the style of Jackson Pollock

2JjGW12.png