• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhh, not the most successful one:

gvttJcD.png

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Picard prompts are terrifying as I found out when trying to get Dall-E to do it's own version of 'What if everyone was wearing Deanna Troi's outfit.

microsoft_edge_screenpxjlc.png

picardongrassfvjbb.png

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Too much traffic, please try again."
Haven't been able to use it at all today

Green

Oct 27, 2017
yTs5wMd.png

I also really like how this one turned out. I'd probably have this on my wall tbh:
BXnTy8K.png

Last edited:

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't found a way to get it to write text on things. Like: The Word "Focus" on a rocket. Gives me a warped rocket. It's super impressive; but everything generated is so warped, especially eyes.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I haven't found a way to get it to write text on things. Like: The Word "Focus" on a rocket. Gives me a warped rocket. It's super impressive; but everything generated is so warped, especially eyes.
Getting AI to actually generate correct text on images is something that, to my knowledge and understanding, is hard to do within the context of generative neural networks as seen here. That's because as with any other characteristic, neural networks don't really recognize letters as such. They recognize general aspects of the shapes, but they don't really "understand" how it comes together. This could be remedied (and I'm sure there are neural nets that make a use of it) by using an adversarial neural network that also implements text recognition, but it would of course also increase complexity.

With Dall-e 2, it seems that it manages to at generate actual characters, specifically characters that appear on the logo, though the ordering is still messed up: