• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
09224-BAE-0-EE2-456-F-82-C5-C884-AD53-DFA9.jpg

Fuck yeah.

Cargo Shorts

Oct 25, 2017
For hobby musicians, I kind of like the idea of being able to have something that will produce genuinely good artwork for album covers. Like some stuff out of Midjourney is incredible. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uneasy about how these things will eventually impact actual artists who rely on their skills to make a living.
Ya, this is the first thing I thought of as well. Pics in the OP could be the cover of a Yes album.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
I shouldn't have laughed at the 9/11 gender reveal, but I did. Some pretty impressive tech

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It always says too much traffic for me
How are any of you actually getting in? I've tried all day and just get messages saying there is too much traffic.
My guess is that there are a limited number of requests that can run concurrently. So it's not the kind of "try again later" where you wait 5 minutes and go back - you have to keep trying every 5 seconds or so until you grab the next empty slot.

(I assume it has DDoS protection though, so don't hammer it any more than that in case you get IP blocked.)

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
If this shit gets even more refined game developers wont need artists to make textures. This could put a lot of people out of work.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I created something so bad that I'm not sure I should post it. It's worse than anything in this thread.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Does this it work on mobile safari? I've tried at least 50 times since yesterday and always get the too much traffic error