• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
You've probably seen the thread about Midjourney, which is frankly mind bending.
www.resetera.com

Midjourney is lighting up the AI generated art community [Up: Now in open beta!]

Get rid of the first sentence because AIs will be intelligent enough to catch the other meaning as well: in case AIs do not rule world.
But there is a free to use low res version of DALL-E that can be used by anyone right now and I am surprised that I was not able to find a thread on it yet.

DALL-E mini
huggingface.co

DALL·E mini by craiyon.com on Hugging Face

Discover amazing ML apps made by the community

MidJourney

Midjourney

An independent research lab exploring new mediums of thought and expanding the imaginative powers of the human species.

So let's share some cool creations, please make sure you also share your used prompts

futuristic cityscape floating in an orb over an alien world
KOiZicx.png

The Eiffel Tower as painted by Salvador Dali
rbBrWX1.png

a velvet car with spikes all over
PBu1CZB.png

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I had a lot of fun with it last night.

Power Rangers on Splash Mountain ride
unknown18djvh.png

Goofy at 2021 United States Capitol attack
227kql.png

Master Chief in a Chuck-E Cheese
3r3jex.png

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Dark figure hiding in corner"

728256df36808888c10220f12a91a99a.png

I personally really liked this one:
60adefeb65edd27be60b8276f5d867dc.png

This is neat, thanks for sharing.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm not too impressed

Zpo8azY.png
SvTVCAz.png
t1cuQz0.png

Last edited:

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
It sickens me tbh. Most popular art and media will be AI generated in the not too distant future without people even noticing. I don't think there will be any bouncing back from that.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It sickens me tbh. Most popular art and media will be AI generated in the not too distant future without people even noticing. I don't think there will be any bouncing back from that.

I honestly can't wait as a game programmer. Being able to generate art for my own game project will be amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
I tried generating some fantasy cities with a general idea. It's still quite generic, but it still feels more like a scrambled image search.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
For hobby musicians, I kind of like the idea of being able to have something that will produce genuinely good artwork for album covers. Like some stuff out of Midjourney is incredible. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uneasy about how these things will eventually impact actual artists who rely on their skills to make a living.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a lot of people found the site, it's telling me that there's too much traffic.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
this is hilariously frightening. goofy at the jan 6th attack for example is incredible

can't post the image but I ran "power rangers smoking weed" and am amused

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a lot of people found the site, it's telling me that there's too much traffic.
i'm finding I can run a search maybe once every 5 minutes? takes a few minutes for it to put together a result as well, and then i've been opening new tabs to reset it

not sure if this is just me being lucky or not tho lol

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody that watches Vinny Vinesauce is fully aware of this AI and the abominations that it can create.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Says too much traffic :(

Can someone do Steven Seagal on a boat?

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Looks really great can't wait to try it out. I had a lot of great results from Midjourney.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not too impressed

Zpo8azY.png
SvTVCAz.png
t1cuQz0.png
To be honest your prompts aren't really specific enough for this type of AI. Things like "next game" and "biggest x at Summer Game Fest 2022" are not concrete. It works using existing concepts that already have a lot of images, not future predictions.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The results kind of dont look any better than other ai image generation tools from what i saw.

Call me hysterical but theres a pretty bad endgame to this. We've basically taught machines to plagiarize artists from Google images and it's being celebrated without a second thought, especially in regards to how this will effect artists trying to break into the industry.

This would be less of a problem if we didn't live in captialism but unfortunately we do so I can't just sit here and be uncritical about it. Simply put, these kind of programs shouldn't exist unless it can pay for all the artists its using for training data, plain and simple.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is everything it makes like original created by the AI or does it just try to mesh the images together that it finds ?