• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: Leaked U.S. intel report says Butina/Torshin operation to co-opt the NRA was blessed by the Kremlin. https://t.co/Ri670G8OSC

Alexander Torshin, the Russian central bank official who spent years aggressively courting NRA leaders, briefed the Kremlin on his efforts and recommended they participate, according to the report. Its existence and contents have not previously been reported.

The report, on the other hand, notes that the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs was fine with Torshin's courtship of the NRA because the relationships would be valuable if a Republican won the White House in 2016

The report notes that Russian officials discussed having their embassy in Washington participate in the work of courting the NRA. Kremlin officials also discussed preparations for NRA members' upcoming trip to Moscow. Torshin recommended that someone from President Vladimir Putin's executive office, meaning the group of people who support his day-to-day activities, meet with the group.

TLDR Torshin proposed the NRA angle to the higher ups in Russian intelligence, got the green light, and used his connections at the NRA to bring Putin's inner circle in the loop of RNC politics. The 2015 NRA Moscow trip was the first big excursion.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
If this is true, I dont see how the NRA survives two years of a Democratic House and their investigations.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It kinda feels like we're on a deliberate string of leaks leading up to a singular thing right now.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true, I dont see how the NRA survives two years of a Democratic House and their investigations.
"Democrats are attacking the NRA so they can take your guns away with no resistance!".

I continue to marvel at the hypocrisy of these right wing organizations voluntarily letting the Russians in.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

I hope it has an impact, but gun & accessory manufacturers have a lot of money and pull, plus the NRA's membership seems to be fine not only with mass murders, but with fealty to foreign powers over their own government.

That one's not going out without a serious fight.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished reading "Red Notice" and this feels so very in-line with how the Kremlim acted then.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't be shocked by the scoops that I got.

More GOP congressmen and senators involved than this, but here's the assclowns who went to Russia after being told not to.

Joining Shelby were Sens. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), John Hoeven (R-N.D.), Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), John Kennedy (R-La.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and John Thune (R-S.D.), and Rep. Kay Granger (R-Tex.).

Separately, I still want to know what Nunes' angle is.

My dad is going to lose. his. mind.

He's going to first try conspiracy theories, then go to "both sides suck." Then never talk about it again.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
"Democrats are attacking the NRA so they can take your guns away with no resistance!".

I continue to marvel at the hypocrisy of these right wing organizations voluntarily letting the Russians in.

A lot is wilful ignorance as long as their agenda if fulfilled.

Sure some are just plain ignorant and think it's all fake-news, but a hefty handful are putting their ideology first and don't mind corruption supporting it as long as it is carried out.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
More GOP congressmen and senators involved than this, but here's the assclowns who went to Russia after being told not to.

Russia has 10 years of GOP emails in their possession. A lot of buried scandals in there, that would sink the party no doubt.

One way to explain such behavior.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Don't be shocked by the scoops that I got.

Separately, I still want to know what Nunes' angle is.

He's going to first try conspiracy theories, then go to "both sides suck." Then never talk about it again.

Ron Johnson, today, regarding Trump hiding his conversations with Putin:

"This is not a traditional president. He has unorthodox means but he is President of the United States. It's pretty much up to him in terms of who he wants to read into his conversations with world leaders," GOP @SenRonJohnson says. #CNNSOTU https://t.co/apNFwVdKQZ https://t.co/93OYgFCgl5

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
f664d68929b8e4b06d803ec6a3df0475

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Here's one thing they accomplished:

John Bolton message to Russian Parliament about the right to bear arms.

Video on Maria Butina YouTube channel.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is so disgustingly transparent. What do they have on him?

Some of these folks genuinely drank the koolaid and thought they found a kindred spirit on the other side of the pond. What's more Republican than religion and guns after all?

If it's discovered that Torshin was the conduit for Russian money laundering to the NRA, and that Butina was the tool he used to bring new people into the racket, I imagine any number of people will be feeling pinched when she has her sentencing.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Create a fake crisis, declare a national emergency, as the Russia report comes in. I mean like clock work. Surprised we haven't seen the Russian Defense Force In here yet.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these folks genuinely drank the koolaid and thought they found a kindred spirit on the other side of the pond. What's more Republican than religion and guns after all?

If it's discovered that Torshin was the conduit for Russian money laundering to the NRA, and that Butina was the tool he used to bring new people into the racket, I imagine any number of people will be feeling pinched when she has her sentencing.

Like Putin is going to encourage private gun ownership. What a joke.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Like Putin is going to encourage private gun ownership. What a joke.

True. They just wanted money and power,. Religion and guns are a front to entice the deluded idiots in their base, who also couldn't actually give a fuck about those. They're all simply weapons used to attack "the other".

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

All these leaks leading us to the same conclusion.

For a while, I thought that the IC was slowly inoculating the US public to a possible reality where literal votes were changed so bedlam doesn't break loose. I don't have any reason to believe this is the case, though.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Ron Johnson, today, regarding Trump hiding his conversations with Putin:

"This is not a traditional president. He has unorthodox means but he is President of the United States. It's pretty much up to him in terms of who he wants to read into his conversations with world leaders," GOP @SenRonJohnson says. #CNNSOTU https://t.co/apNFwVdKQZ https://t.co/93OYgFCgl5

This is so disgustingly transparent. What do they have on him?
Ron Johnson was vacationing the 4th of July holiday in...you guessed it. Moscow. I wish I were kidding.
giphy.gif

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
For a while, I thought that the IC was slowly inoculating the US public to a possible reality where literal votes were changed so bedlam doesn't break loose. I don't have any reason to believe this is the case, though.

High thought, but we got 11 year olds hacking replicas of voting sites in like 10 minutes. It's one of those "can't prove for certain with the information we have but this shit is kinda really possible". It's triply more possible when it graduates into conspiracy when these hackers are using money, resources, and knowledge from domestic assets conspirators.

The woman that got busted for that NSA leak into the Russian attempted hacking, Reality Winner, is going to have a lot more media visits to her cell in the coming months I feel.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Agreed.

All these leaks leading us to the same conclusion.

If Trump's base isn't going to give a damn, what will be the silver lining to the whole report? They're just going to parrot out "Fake news", and dismiss it out of spite. It will take either enough of the non-deplorables going to the polls in 2020, or for enough people to feel the pinch.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, votes weren't changed. I've seen numerous occasions of bullshittery regarding the vote in authoritarian countries; actual, no shit voter fraud where actual votes are changed in democratic nations is extremely, extremely rare. There was absolutely a Russian campaign to influence our election, but through promoting news cycles that favor of their candidate while suppressing unfavorable ones. I'd honestly be stunned if a single vote was changed by a Russian hacker.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, votes weren't changed. I've seen numerous occasions of bullshittery regarding the vote in authoritarian countries; actual, no shit voter fraud where actual votes are changed in democratic nations is extremely, extremely rare. There was absolutely a Russian campaign to influence our election, but through promoting news cycles that favor of their candidate while suppressing unfavorable ones. I'd honestly be stunned if a single vote was changed by a Russian hacker.

Yeah, that would be a catastrophe and I have absolutely no reason to believe Russia was capable of doing this, just to be clear. At this point, I think we are only going to get confirmation on what we already suspect, which is bad enough to make Trump's name Mudd.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, that would be a catastrophe and I have absolutely no reason to believe Russia was capable of doing this, just to be clear. At this point, I think we are only going to get confirmation on what we already suspect, which is bad enough to make Trump's name Mudd, which is an appropriate phrase to use if you know the origin of it.

You even used the proper spelling of "Mudd", you win the internet today sir, very clever