• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
Yes, it's crazy how time flies.

Random_Access_Memories.jpg

My favorite song ist Motherboard.

Do you still listen to it? What's your favorite song?

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Amazing record, I still listen to it sometimes. People saying it sucks or that it's not as good as the earlier ones are crazy.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Perhaps my most hyped album ever, and was initially taken aback on first listen. Why are they having Giorgio Morodor monologue at me for 2 minutes? What's with this ecclectic 8 minute musical-inspired piece? Why is this so different and 70s esque?

Wasn't what I expected, and Discovery is still their best album, though RAM is without doubt one of my favourite albums ever. The way this album gradually sucked me in, with virtually every song on the tracklist gradually worming into my ear, was nothing short of spectacular.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, it's a pretty good album and I play it quite often. I adore Contact, Touch & Instant Crush.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first five or so minutes of Contact before quickly and desperately turning that shit off <3

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Amazing album. Still listen to it regularly. It just clicks with me so well.

Giorgio By Moroder, Touch and Fragments of Time offft.

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the first time I've ever seen one of these types of threads where it feels like the thing should be WAY older than it actually is. Genuinely surprised this is only 7 years old.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Da Funk is my favourite song of all time, and has been since 1996 or 1997. Homework was once my favourite album of all time, and still sits in my top 3.

Get Lucky was a perfect song, I listened to it on repeat for months.

I hated RAM when it came out, just hated it, I was so sad and angry about it. I have since come around a little bit on it, there is good songs on it for sure, but it still is a huge let down to me.

Luckily I found OVERWERK. I really recommend looking into them if you are a fan of Daft Punk, and what they did with the Tron soundtrack as well. He's very much a mix of more classic Daft Punk, and their Tron album.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Still disappointed the rest of the album was nothing like Get Lucky. I enjoyed it, but it was neither what I expected nor wanted at the time.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Wish Daft Punk gave more songs from that album the full remix treatment like "Get Lucky" got.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
One of the most influential albums of all time. "Get lucky" alone shaped a lot of careers and the revival of funky music.
Giorgio by Moroder, Touch and Contact are transcendental experiences.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
They should do a spectacular live show unannounced but live streamed with zero audience but amazing production values and call it "Alive? 2020"

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Masterpiece.

The hype leading up to it was insane. People were making full, quality songs out of the short Get Lucky samples that they released in teaser videos.

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
By far their worst album, but it still has some cool tracks on it.

I'd agree with this - the two tracks with Pharrell Williams and the legendary Nile Rodgers are great, but the rest of the album is considerably more spotty for me. It just feels a little... thin, like a handful of experimental demos before the hook / melody has really been firmed up.

I'm not necessarily a huge Daft Punk fan to begin with though - I've much preferred the other projects that the two have worked on separately (Thomas Bangalter's solo work, and Le Knight Club especially). Alive 2007 is a phenomenal set however, and by far the highlight of their discography.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
absolute classic, just picked up the vinyl last week finally. sounds incredible. such a well engineered record.

Daniagatha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
Still remember when my husband and why were making a trip do his parents house and it was a 6h car drive and it was already night.

We were in a road in the middle of the mountains when contact started to play and we were sure we would be abducted until the end of the song. It was an awesome experience!

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Wish Daft Punk gave more songs from that album the full remix treatment like "Get Lucky" got.

This version eclipses the original and then some. I remember their being a pretty widely spread rumor back then that every song did have a DP remix of it, which may be the case. If you think about it, it's the only album of theirs that didn't have a ton of remixes released- maybe they held them back because of the DP remixes, and those just never got released.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RAM may not have been evocative of the music of the era it came out in, but it sure as shit helped in shaping it.

A masterpiece, and that opener is just, one of the best opening tracks of any album. I instantly smile the second it starts up. The name couldn't be more fitting.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
An instant classic. One of my all-time favorite albums.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Man, it sucks how Alive 2017 didn't happen. I really regret not seeing them live in 2007.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it for my (then) girlfriend as part of our graduation gift. Goddamn what an album.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it. Varied, fun, overall so good and deserved its awards.

What was the reason they stopped touring again? Didn't one of the members have hearing issues or something? I'm gutted I never got to see them live

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I don't listen to many Albums, but this was one of them. Takes me back to my College (UK College) days.