• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
In an official statement, Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo have announced the solo projects that they will be continuing with.

Bangalter will be creating a new record label and alias called Roulette which he will use to anonymously release his own material as well as that of producers within his extensive contacts book.

Guy-Man will rekindle his love of live performance with a new project called REVISION, which is set to include a concept album made with a cast of his past collaborators including the stars of the French Touch scene and new-school American funk and 'r'nb.

https://mixmag.net/read/daft-punk-announce-official-solo-projects-news

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
There is a special place in Heaven for people with great april fools jokes. There is also a special place in Hell for people with terrible april fools jokes.

Guess where this one is categorized.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Thomas Bangalter stuff.

He already went with the alias roulette way before daft punk.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you not read what you're posting lol

Mixmag is told that Guy-Man wanted the Giorgio Moroder monologue to last at least 15 minutes and that he pushed for the LP to be released as a triple-disc edition spanning over three hours.

Yeah sounds very real. :p

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Roulette must always be italicised, a decision Bangalter didn't come to lightly. "Many artists now spell their names in capital letters, or with the vowels removed. That's just child's play. I'm the first one to use italics; it's a statement of intent."

This is obviously completely fake don't toy with daft punk fans like this!

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Guy-Man would be a great superhero name.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I didn't pay attention to the date, shame on me. Even with the 15 minute monolog and the needing to be italicized comment, it sounded plausible.

But do far, for an official comment it hasn't spread everywhere. Thus, I am now leaning towards doubt and got-gotness.

Guy-Man would be a great superhero name.
Sounds like a Kojima character. Imagine if they teamed up.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
What if they feature each other in future track

Also can't wait for more Club Soda sounding tracks

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Screenshot-2021-04-02-at-14-54-30.png

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
How do you not read what you're posting lol

Mixmag is told that Guy-Man wanted the Giorgio Moroder monologue to last at least 15 minutes and that he pushed for the LP to be released as a triple-disc edition spanning over three hours.

Yeah sounds very real. :p

The irony is I read that and was like, that would have been cool. Moroder doing the Last Poets, but on synths and club music

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Well the thread was worth it for me as I've never heard of Roule (although I clearly remember "I've got so much love to give" for the early 00s). I'm going to have to track down some of the tracks.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
The only thing that stuck out to me was the Italicized requirement for Roullette, with the jab at capitalization being "child's play", considering the other project is called REVISION.

This isn't a funny prank and I hate April Fool's day.

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017
This music better daft dunk so I can get daft crunk and feel that daft funk or their careers will be daft sunk.