• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually think, and hope, that this can do quite well on Steam. Decent time to release it too, not much competition. Probably explains why it's 5 months after the Switch version rather than the usual 6.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean, I was going to buy it on Switch for 250 reais, but I guess I can pick it up on Steam for a third of that price. lol

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Nintnedo should start disclosing if the game is a timed exclusive or not.

Valanarro

Oct 27, 2017
Was pretty disappointed in the performance of the switch demo. Might pick this up if it runs solid

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
But they have no obligation to give that kind of information. Why are they going to damage the sales of games on their consoles?

Why do you care if that happens? I look this from a pro consumer perspective. I don't like timed exclusive BS.

no company would do something like that which would effect their revenue for a game release.

Sony literally did it for Death Stranding.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty cool. It's one of my favourite Switch games/in my top 5 of last year, and it's certainly a good time.

The game ran brilliantly on Switch, with only a few hitches during really busy scenes, but nothing that makes the game feel unplayable.

It needs to be played with gyro aiming though, for sure. It's so snappy and responsive, due to the fact you don't really need to aim with precision, just with speed.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it's been Xseed's modus operandi to announce release dates a week or two in advance for a while now, especially for digital only stuff.
Just wild these games that had no projected pc release are just appearing. I enjoyed my time in switch, but would have just as well waited for pc version if I only knew.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess I'm glad I waited. I've been interested in DxM for a while but other games took priority. Hopefully it runs well with better res.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I held off on Switch version. I was interested but was put off by the performance/visuals, PC version will fix that.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Hmmm this certainly has me interested. I really hope this does well on PC, I will probably pick this up at some point but my gaming plate is pretty full right now...

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Still no reason to not disclose that it's timed exclusive. If other companies can do it so can Nintendo.

What companies are disclosing timed exclusivity? The only examples I know of is Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Death Stranding and in both cases it took a long ass time to finally get an official confirmation.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
What companies are disclosing timed exclusivity? The only examples I know of is Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Death Stranding and in both cases it took a long ass time to finally get an official confirmation.

FFVII Remake was revealed as timed exclusive all the way back in 2015. Death Stranding was close to release but still before release which I think is acceptable. So Sony recently does it, EGS timed exclusives are also disclosed. I don't see why we should not push for this to become the standard, it would only benfit consumers.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Huh, interesting time for mid-budget Nintendo exclusives lately, between Octopath, Wonderful 101 and this (and even going back a bit to Devil's Third coming to Steam as RockShot -- I know they're all unrelated, but this type of stuff was previously unheard of, or very rare when Nintendo was the original publisher of the game).

Regardless, I'm glad Daemon X Machina will enjoy a larger audience. It's a super niche game and it revels in that niche, so wider availability will help this one in particular. It was a game I enjoyed a whole lot on Switch last year -- here's what I wrote in our Game of the Year thread:

"God bless a niche. That's where Daemon X Machina lives, and Daemon X Machina is okay living in that niche. Like Travis Strikes again, you could see the 6.5 reviews for this game coming a mile away, because this game wasn't made for the reviewers who'd give it a 6.5 -- it was made for the niche of Armored Core holdout mech lovers who want to spend hours tweaking and testing silly anime robots, grinding to psychotic butt-rock, barely understanding a nonsense quasi-spiritual narrative and slowly learning dense controls and systems until they reveal themselves to be the tools you need to crack the whole thing wide open. I don't think the developers of Daemon X Machina had any illusions about their mainstream success, so they gave themselves the freedom to pile on the strange (you can dress up as Geralt from the Witcher -- with fully licensed DLC -- and buy stat-boosting ice cream to J-pop in this game) and keep supporting their niche game. I live in that niche, too." -- me, January 2020

Yes, I have used the word "niche" a lot in this post. It's true.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
NINTENDO YOU HAVE BETRAYED YOUR LOYAL FANS

THE SWITCH IS NOW ETERNALLY DEVALUED AND NOBODY SHOULD EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER UNIT UNTIL NINTENDO APOLOGIZES

Techno