• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I cannot connect online. Said servers are performing normally, but I get an error everytime. I have wifi on and the Switch Online Subscription

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Did anyone get the Orbital Edition?
ya

arsenalybksd.jpg

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Only had the regular edition pre ordered and I got a physical edition of the soundtrack! Awesome.
i have Blade Runner on the TV in the background and I will begin playing DxM in around 10 minutes. Feels good.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Happy launch day! I was on localization duty for this game and it was a real dream project to get to work on the spiritual successor to one of my fav series.

Pls enjoy the crazy anime robot bullshit. I definitely did.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
For my Macross bros....

I asked in the review thread but didn't get an answer. Do we know how involved our boy Shoji Kawamori was?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Happy launch day! I was on localization duty for this game and it was a real dream project to get to work on the spiritual successor to one of my fav series.

Nice!
Did you have input on the character names, or were they already set by the Devs in Japan? Just curious, because they're great.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Just translating script or did you work with voice talent too?

Fingers crossed word of mouth will see this game getting success, but given the next this month (and the rest of the year) it may still be grossly overlooked.

This game is so amazing feeling to play.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I have to check my money cuz nintendo is making me broke as fuck since the switch.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My copy just came. Hoping to crack it open after work and get my mech on!

I didn't play the newer demo, so it's gonna be my first time seeing/playing the game since the prototype missions. I hope to be pleasantly surprised at the improvements.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Nice!
Did you have input on the character names, or were they already set by the Devs in Japan? Just curious, because they're great.

That stuff was set in stone when I came on. They had a very clear idea about what sort of characters they wanted them to be, which made my job a lot easier.

Just translating script or did you work with voice talent too?

Fingers crossed word of mouth will see this game getting success, but given the next this month (and the rest of the year) it may still be grossly overlooked.

This game is so amazing feeling to play.

Working remotely, I never got to work with the voice talent directly, sadly. Though I do know a number of the people who voiced the characters!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
That stuff was set in stone when I came on. They had a very clear idea about what sort of characters they wanted them to be, which made my job a lot easier.

Working remotely, I never got to work with the voice talent directly, sadly. Though I do know a number of the people who voiced the characters!
Love the cheese!

Also, love online play! First mission online and we wrecked:

Uh, ignore my messy HUD lol

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
A few quick questions.

is there any cosmetic gear our character can wear? I see a lot of the NPCs wearing sci-fi goggles and masks and was wondering if the main character can wear something like that.

Is the gear missable? I beat one strong mech in the story and he had some strong gear but since I could only choose one I'm afraid I'll never get another chance to get the other parts.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
You can actually test the demo to see if it's too low res for your eyes, but it's vastly improved to me over the first demo. Could be placebo effect though so I always recommend testing it yourself to make sure.

There's not a ton of endgame footage or anything obviously out, but Nintendo has a tweet that shows the asymmetrical part customization and material changes if that helps.

They've been doing a lot of PR for the game recently which is great. The wait to get home from work today and get my copy in the mail is going to be long and difficult haha

UPDATE EDIT:

Tweaked my HUD based on feedback from another player in the other thread. As you can see here:
EEWBVz8UwAEADh7.jpg

There's a sub menu that pops up when you use the weapon swaps and stuff for each weapon, so I can't put them all the way on the left and still be able to use the menu properly, so at their recommendation I moved it to the bottom right for everything.

EEWBVzqU8AA0mv6.jpg
So now Everything is closer to the bottom and the chat box is over to the right with needed mission info so I know where to direct my eye for like joining a teammate, how many targets are left, etc. Becuase the chat is clearly right justified I didn't want to end up getting some weird stuff by attempting to put it in the bottom left, so I used that for the minimap and durability markers. Not sure I like where the durability stuff is right now but I'm going to tweak after actually getting more experience in the game. Right now I'm very happy with where my stuff is at.

This is great. Going to set mine up similar.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can't wait to fire this up when it gets here later. If I screwed up the demo data I'll just do a fresh start rather than redownloading, i didn't grind much

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered already.

But I ordered Daemon X Machina from Best Buy not too long before my GCU expired. I got an email saying my order had been delayed and if it's not filled by OCT 13th it will just be cancelled.

Is there just not enough physical copies of Daemon X Machina to go around, or was this just a Best Buy specific screw up?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered already.

But I ordered Daemon X Machina from Best Buy not too long before my GCU expired. I got an email saying my order had been delayed and if it's not filled by OCT 13th it will just be cancelled.

Is there just not enough physical copies of Daemon X Machina to go around, or was this just a Best Buy specific screw up?
Game seems to have had a fairly low print run, none of the stores in my area had any copies in stock today.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Right, OK.
I've sort of been skimming over the cutscenes in the demo, because voice audio isn't playing for me when docked, but from what bits I did read, it seems pretty cool; I especially like the red and black mech duo who help you on the 2nd mission.

I'll focus on the story when I start fresh on the actual game.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Played the new demo tonight and it feels and plays much nicer than the old builds. Will definitely look to pick this up later in the year. Prob after Luigis Mansion now.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wow tried a sniper. I suck, but I've always sucked at sniping. I could totally see someone getting good with this and building a fast land mech and sniping.

Would love a team based pvp mode as well as 1v1. Doubles or even 4v4 would be a dream of course.

High potential with this game. Hopefully even a series one day.

Oct 26, 2017
I went digital and got a bunch of stuff when I converted my demo save to the full game. I believe that's the pre-order things.

Nah, it's this stuff:

daemon_x_machina_digital_bonus_screenshot.jpg

It came with the digital pre-order (and still is available until Oct 12th I think?), and some retailers were offering it if you pre-ordered there IIRC. Some of the DLC here is exclusive to the pre-order, while the rest will be future paid DLC.

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-order DLC worked fine here (US). It preloaded alongside the game, and listed off all the items for me when I hit "New Game". Why do you ask?

Was wondering if it was a code like on the digital receipt or something. As said there's no way to get I think the prototype DLC after the period ends on the eShop, and it seems like retailers are no longer offering it.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Nah, it's this stuff:

daemon_x_machina_digital_bonus_screenshot.jpg

It came with the digital pre-order (and still is available until Oct 12th I think?), and some retailers were offering it if you pre-ordered there IIRC. Some of the DLC here is exclusive to the pre-order, while the rest will be future paid DLC.

That's what I got. I did a digital pre-order if that wasn't clear/implied. Went just like rpm described.

(Would certainly unlock if I didn't import a demo file, of course)

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Was wondering if it was a code like on the digital receipt or something. As said there's no way to get I think the prototype DLC after the period ends on the eShop, and it seems like retailers are no longer offering it.
Nah, it's tied directly to the account if you buy it digitally, no code. It did mention that I received the bonus on the purchase confirmation, though.

The Prototype Arsenal and Plugsuit will be available for purchase later, it's the metallic stuff that's seemingly pre-order/early adopter exclusive.

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, it's tied directly to the account if you buy it digitally, no code. It did mention that I received the bonus on the purchase confirmation, though.

The Prototype Arsenal and Plugsuit will be available for purchase later, it's the metallic stuff that's seemingly pre-order/early adopter exclusive.

Yeah I think that was the one. Fuck I hate pre-order-exclusive content. You can't just wait for a sale and have all the content then. I may still bite since the pre-order stuff is still available until October it said IIRC.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah I think that was the one. Fuck I hate pre-order-exclusive content. You can't just wait for a sale and have all the content then. I may still bite since the pre-order stuff is still available until October it said IIRC.
Yeah, until 10/10 if you buy it digitally. For physical copies, it was just a preorder bonus (although only GS and BB bothered to mention it).

If it changes your decision at all, the metallic stuff is quite literally just metallic versions of things already in the game. It's literally just a texture swap.

But also, it's a good game that deserves more support than it's getting (literally not even in the top sellers in NA), the metallic weapons do look cool (the metallic plugsuit is really ugly, IMO, I'm using the prototype one) and you would have to pay for the prototype stuff later if you want it (probably like $6 or $7, since there's a an Arsenal skin out there for $4 and the plugsuit would probably be $2 or $3 by my guess). There's also a 7% coupon code on Raise today only, making a $50 eShop card like $42 something

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just started downloading it now, can confirm that the bonus goodies are still available.

Is there a Discord group or something for this? I'm gonna need to be carried in a major way