• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
To all those asking for gyro aiming: You realize all weapons have auto lock on and you only have to aim in the general direction of the target?

To all those asking for gyro aiming: You realize all weapons have auto lock on and you only have to aim in the general direction of the target?
Gyro aiming can open up the control scheme more, simply by freeing up the right stick for different uses. Ideally, I'd be using it to control flight myself so that my hands are always where they need to be.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Started playing. The UI is kind of bad and suit upgrade menu is hard to read. i also found that I was struggling to aim. I had enough fun that I'll probably buy the game if they don't fix these issues.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first three missions docked. Game looks nice, and is definitely a functional mech game. I think they could speed it up a bit and make the impact of attacks more apparent.

Definitely needs some polish(especially considering I haven't tried handheld yet), but cautiously optimistic.

I feel like Astral Chain kind of ate their lunch though.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
im really liking the game and hope that we give them good feedback, the game is obviosuly molded in the stats that you want. if you want a fast mech than upgrade to fast stats, the issue would be how much content is going to be in it. Im looking at this as kinda monster hunter-esque with the four player modes in it

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get past the third mission. Once the pair of "bosses" come out, they smoke me very quickly. I feel like they're moving at hyperspeed, while I'm snail-pacing around the map. The third time I tried I had to eject from my mech, at which point I felt completely useless. I ran around with my pea shooter trying to wear them down, but eventually just got crushed.

I love the concept of this game and really want to support more stuff like this on the Switch. It just feels clunky, cumbersome, and not all that much fun. I'm going to try to spend some more time with it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Played the first two missions. There's a lot of potential here. The mech controls a bit slower and clunkier than I expected judging off of trailers I've seen, but I'm sure later game customization will remedy that.

The frame rate drops that occur when the big bads show up at the end of mission 2 aren't cool though. If that's something that will happen consistently throughout the game, it's gonna bring the whole thing down, imo. I've got hope because it looks like they show some heavy action in the trailer that plays clean, but they definitely need to shore that up before release. Priority one, two and three.

Also, gyro aiming priority four, please.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This game grew on me like a mofo after the first mission and upgrading my mech. Probably helps that I've been binging Robotech on Amazon lately too lol. Looks great docked but desperately needs an AA solution when playing handheld. Totally digging it though!

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
The control scheme I found super awkward. I think that this should work as a virtual on game with just the sticks and shoulder buttons for moving around and then ZL ZR for weapons, A to lock on and strafe around enemies and B for dashing. That's it.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past the third mission. Once the pair of "bosses" come out, they smoke me very quickly. I feel like they're moving at hyperspeed, while I'm snail-pacing around the map. The third time I tried I had to eject from my mech, at which point I felt completely useless. I ran around with my pea shooter trying to wear them down, but eventually just got crushed.

I love the concept of this game and really want to support more stuff like this on the Switch. It just feels clunky, cumbersome, and not all that much fun. I'm going to try to spend some more time with it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me.
You just have to keep moving. Use your boost to maintain some distance while keep shooting at them and don't be afraid to spam missiles if they're still getting at you. That's what worked for me, at least.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got to download and play the Demo!

In short: It's great!!

Here are some impressions:

The good:

- Controls feel great so far. I didn't have to change the controller layout (However, the option to change EVERY-FUCKING-THING - from every Button to everything on the HUD - is epic)

- You can customize every single part (Head, Body, Arms, Legs, Weapons, Shoulder-Weapons, Processors, etc.) of your Mech. (This is totally like in Armored Core - nice!)

- Graphics have a lot of aliasing, but overall artstyle is fucking cool. Once you are deep in the battle and shit happens left and right, I felt like I'm ina Gundamn Anime, lol!

- Gameplay is fun. Being ablte to get out of the Mech is cool. I even tried to fight the last boss on foot (because that mofo shot me down), but it didn't work out well, haha.

- The game is not slow once you upgrade your Mech. I felt the improvement right away.

Needs some work/ could be improved:

- The aliasing

- I wish the ingame-text was bigger in handheld mode (played the demo in handheld mode exclusively)

- The textures could be sharper

- Maybe gyro-aiming could be offered as an option? That would be nice.

The bottom line

I really like it so far. I'm looking forward to the finished version. Will get it for sure.

By the the way: anyone know how to perform the spinning/rotating with both weapons attack? I did it accidentally couple of times, but don't know how.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017

Maybe try to upgrade your mech? New head? Also, both weapons? Get rid of the shield and try to use 2 hand-held weapons.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it! Game was about how I expected it to be which is good. I even liked the style more than I thought I would.
Sure some FPS issues but going to take a guess and say that will be improved on before release.

One thing I hope they also look into is the sound effects because it was really hard to tell if I was shooting or not.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to play around with the control settings, but the game itself is very fun. It looked a little rough in handheld mode but I'm guessing there's going to be some optimization on that front between now and release.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo for roughly 1 and a half hours just getting better parts before finishing up the missions. Difficulty wasn't too bad and I only felt like I could possibly lose the match at the end of mission 3 with what is essentially that 1v2.

In all, I liked it, I had fun, but goddamn this game is rough right now.

It plays like a better version of the Armored Core V games in a sense. But it's flaws are all things that the AC games have had for awhile. For instance, the assault rifles feel limp as hell as usual for these games, meanwhile the bazooka clears out like 8 enemies at once and does a really huge knock back. I'm hoping the other weapons feel pretty good to use.

But above else, this frame rate needs to be an absolute top priority. When it comes to the colossal enemies, the frame rate is just abysmal and this shouldn't be acceptable for a game in 2019 that isn't that much of a graphical marvel.

To be honest, if it meant having even a stable 30fps across the board, I'd rather have the game delayed to Winter 2019 even

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Gyro doesn't even have to be for just aiming but just general camera movement. That way you could disable the auto-aiming which would be a nice option.

The more I played the demo the more used to the controls and shooting I got. So it doesn't feel like a must for me anymore but it would be a nice addition.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It seems that they are going to do like Octopath and listen carefully to the suggestions in surveys and social media, I think that gyro aiming is something that they can add without too many problems.

Oct 27, 2017
Gyro aiming can open up the control scheme more, simply by freeing up the right stick for different uses. Ideally, I'd be using it to control flight myself so that my hands are always where they need to be.

Sounds awkward to be honest but options are always good I guess. YOu have to keep in mind though you can't fully control the camera with gyro aiming since you would need to turn the controller itself 360°. Gyro aiming only really works in tandem with normal controls.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Hey there is a lab in the hanger where you can upgrade your pilot by giving him bionic parts if anyone else missed it. Makes them more capable outside the mech. Now my dude has a nifty bionic arm.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Hey there is a lab in the hanger where you can upgrade your pilot by giving him bionic parts if anyone else missed it. Makes them more capable outside the mech. Now my dude has a nifty bionic arm.
Some upgrades improve the Outer outside of their Arsenal, some improve things while in the Arsenal. While I originally picked stuff like double jump and the Outer blade arm, I wound up resetting and focusing on Arsenal related upgrades since there's no reason to ever be outside of it in the demo haha.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can damage the mission boss and knock off his main gun.... and pick it up, to use on him.

I was screaming when I did that.
Is there any way to bring down that immortal giant thing in the second mission or is it unkillable and you just have to survive long enough for the red mech to show up?

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to bring down that immortal giant thing in the second mission or is it unkillable and you just have to survive long enough for the red mech to show up?
As far as I'm aware, after a lot of trying, you can't beat them, and it's scripted to last a certain amount of time. You can just hide behind a giant building for the like 2 minutes it takes and it'll play out just the same. I wound up just starting to do that while trying to farm my Raikiri equipment lol.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
As far as I'm aware, after a lot of trying, you can't beat them, and it's scripted to last a certain amount of time. You can just hide behind a giant building for the like 2 minutes it takes and it'll play out just the same. I wound up just starting to do that while trying to farm my Raikiri equipment lol.
Yeah, you just need to survive long enough. You can't beat them on your own.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That last boss is janky af. He kept staying at the level borders, which I'd get stuck against trying to strafe around him, then he'd hit me and I'd go flying through the border, then have to wait 5 seconds while my mech auto-boosted (draining the gauge) back into the playing field, all while vulnerable.

I mean I beat it eventually, but that was just... not well designed.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
That last boss is janky af. He kept staying at the level borders, which I'd get stuck against trying to strafe around him, then he'd hit me and I'd go flying through the border, then have to wait 5 seconds while my mech auto-boosted (draining the gauge) back into the playing field, all while vulnerable.

I mean I beat it eventually, but that was just... not well designed.
It's not *as* bad once you know how to handle it. But the fact it hangs by the area border most of the fight (and how going out of area works) is still very much my biggest gripe about the whole demo. My best kill time so far on the boss is 3:29 and there are sub-3 kills.

My first kill was just over 7 minutes.

Nov 1, 2017
This demo is fun but I don't know if it sold me on the game as a whole.I like the art a lot and the character/mech customization aspect of it more than the combat.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Any way I can get some specific legs gear ?
The Raikiri gear you can sometimes salvage from mission 2 mechs is lightweight mobility gear. Keep in mind that legs focus on ground mobility/boost while bodies govern aerial boost.

Mainly just avoid the tanky gear though honestly. Making proper, sometimes liberal, use of your boosts is going to be major to your mobility. You also start with two Processors. The default is lock-on focused, while the alternative is based on boost speed/control.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Good lord is this running below 480p or some shit? Gah

Also this really needs auto-aim in some form.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game needs a lot of polish before launch, but I had a lot of fun with the demo and will be purchasing the full game at release.