• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
EDMONTON -- For the second time in his life a Spruce Grove father has a new tattoo. This one is a little different from his first though. The new ink is actually a show of solidarity with his eight-year-old son.

Six months ago, Derek Prue Sr. noticed his son Derek Prue Jr. seemed self-conscious about a large birthmark on the left side of his torso. The boy was hesitant to take his shirt off when he went swimming.

So Prue Sr. decided to do something to show his son that having a mark on your body is okay.

"I just wanted him to feel good in his own skin," Prue Sr. told CTV News Edmonton. "I thought it would be a nice thing to do to show him that he wasn't alone."

The father of six spent 30 painful hours in a Stony Plain, Alta., tattoo chair getting a mark to match his son's inked onto his chest.

"The pain was substantial," Prue Sr. said. "There were times for larger portions they did a little bit of a numbing."

A tattoo the size of Prue Sr.'s would normally cost thousands of dollars, but the owner of Juicy Quill Tattoo took a liking to the father's story and did the work mostly free of charge.

"I originally thought it was going to be a one time shot. After about four hours I asked if it was done," the dad said. "They said, 'Just the outline's done.'"

Prue Sr. revealed his new body art to Prue Jr. at a local swimming pool, leading to some questions from the boy.

"He was asking me you know, how long was I going to have it," said Prue Sr. "I think it took awhile to process."

"It's cool and I like it," Prue Jr. told CTV News Edmonton. "It's because I was scared that people were gonna make fun of it."

Prue Sr. says the ink work is almost done. He'll just need an eleventh session to touch up the shading.

"My own dad, his papa-guy, passed away here a couple weeks ago so he had a chance to see it while it was getting put on," said Prue Sr. "He sacrificed a lot for his kids too, so I feel in retrospect now that it was a good way to honour him as well."

Saw the other great Dad themed WeekendERA thread, and thought I would add to it.

Absolutely awesome of this dad to do this for his son, and to ensure his own dad knew about it, before the latter(known as papa-guy instead of grandpa) unfortunately passed away. But can be honoured in this way, because it shows he raised his son right, who is now raising a son of his own.

The fucking circle of life, at it's best, IMO.

edmonton.ctvnews.ca

Alberta dad inked with tattoo in solidarity with 8-year-old son

For the second time in his life a Spruce Grove father has a new tattoo. This one is a little different from his first though. The new ink is actually a show of solidarity with his eight-year-old son.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
No image, OP?

For shame
image.jpg

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
His 2nd upgrade of the tattoo should be to make it a smiley face.

His left nipple is technically already the placeholder for the eye.

Also, cannot unsee Todoroki from Boku No hero Academia now, when you look at his whole chest as a face.

Possibly Zuko from Avatar too.

never-forget-who-you-want-to-become-photo-u1

God damn it lol

😆

Last edited:

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Man that was a great feel good story to read during all this shit news that's been happening recently. What an incredible father.

But that lone nipple oasis!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Peak parental support right there. Good on Dad!

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Take a good look, all the chud manchildren of the world, because that is what a real man looks like.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
This is great to see. I have a pretty massive birth mark on my chest and arm. I have been self-conscious about mine for my entire life. I had laser surgery to lighten it up in my teens; but it was just too expensive/not covered by health insurance to have it removed, when I was young enough to really let it bother me. There actually was an alternative option, called reverse tattooing, but never did that.

I really feel bad for people who have them on their face though.