• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Who won the giveaway from the last page? I was in the draw but withdrew after I got the invite.

John Carpenter would be looking at that last one saying, you've gone way too far.
Using your post verbatim as a prompt:
Wqcapbj.png

I want to try Dall-E but I feel I'm def gonna subscribe to at least one of these services. This shit is pretty awesome.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
wtb horse drawing lessons

11QbkUE.gif

noodling around with these is fun

Last edited:
3 gifts from FliX

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from FliX FliX!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FliX said:
I just realized I get more invites with my subscription...
These links expire in 24 hrs by the way..

These are our awesome prizes:

• MidJourney MidJourney: Beta Access - Won by Daniel Jackson Daniel Jackson (4 entries)
  • MidJourney MidJourney: Beta Access - Won by Maquiladora Maquiladora (3 entries)
  • MidJourney MidJourney: Beta Access - Won by Skyzar Skyzar (4 entries)

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Who won the giveaway from the last page? I was in the draw but withdrew after I got the invite.

Using your post verbatim as a prompt:
Wqcapbj.png

I want to try Dall-E but I feel I'm def gonna subscribe to at least one of these services. This shit is pretty awesome.

Love these lol. The bottom right one especially since that's like if Michael Myers' mask was modeled after John Carpenter.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, why is the giveaway ineligible for lurkers? I've been following this thread with great interest for weeks, I'm not sure what I should have been posting in order to be eligible for this.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
a rusty photo realistic behemoth towering over a ruined industrial area with destroyed heavy armour --ar 2:3
YuFH893.png

UDGKGME.png

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
highly detailed botanical illustration showing a lavender plant

grJFoAu.png

gF6R10y.png

blue dragonborn paladin
Hd3DZDz.png

VwyQudy.png

2c6eEnw.png

BIRTriR.png

In the middle of the earth in the land of the Shire Lives a brave little hobbit whom we all admire. With his long wooden pipe, Fuzzy, woolly toes, He lives in a hobbit-hole and everybody knows him Bilbo! Bilbo! Bilbo Baggins He's only three feet tall Bilbo! Bilbo! Bilbo Baggins The bravest little hobbit of them all
uVFL4dM.png

rosYLsZ.png

The Eye was rimmed with fire, but was itself glazed, yellow as a cat's, watchful and intent, and the black slit of its pupil opened on a pit, a window into nothing. floating over a dark mountain top
AvzrxVw.png

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
That stuff is quite amazing, in a couple of years' time it will achieve crazy results!

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
Some colleagues are playing with it daily, honestly can tell how it can be come the future of moodboards/Pinterest somehow.

When I shown mini to my GF she was in disbelief.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Mistakes were made...."Rimmer from red dwarf painted like one of your french girls"
54be9f8b-cc2d-4a0f-94ef-668989f173de_dejay_rimmer_from_red_dwarf_painted_like_one_of_your_french_girls.png

The aspect ratio parameter is good for windows backgrounds...."scary tardigrade made of red glass in hellscape --aspect 16:9"
951d15a2-9347-4220-8374-51ffd14dff8a_dejay_scary_tardigrade_made_of_red_glass_in_hellscape.png

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
^ Dall-E mini does fur and fabric well - one of it's strong points.

Ummm,..."daffy duck made of cheese". Not much Daffy in there, but definite bird and definite cheese.
61c349fa-a8e3-4de9-ae96-e288d4a7efd4_dejay_daffy_duck_made_of_cheese.png

Citizen Kanye
ad59022c-064a-4f35-a45e-827923807aa1_dejay_citizen_kane_starring_kanye_west.png

Skyzar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I shoulda been posting instead of lurking! I never really find anything worth sharing on dall-e mini though. Midjourney looks amazing like Dall-E 2.

- I think he's a coach here:

ljABJAz.png

Last edited:

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Was mucking around with Dall-E Mini for a while, which was a fun diversion but not really a useful tool. Luckily got my Midjourney Beta invite yesterday, and have been mucking around on and off for the last day. Seems to fall short of Dall-E 2 in a lot of areas, especially when it comes to coherent human and animal forms, but definitely a big step up from Dall-E Mini and it is certainly useful from an ideation perspective as well as being good enough to form the basis of a derivative artwork. Will be a great new tool for the studio.

Some of my unretouched favourites from my experiments so far here

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I think the whole concept art styling of Midjourney is extremely impressive. Concept art was always my favorite bonus feature included in games.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
One more for the night...

"close up of a moss garden, shallow depth of field, sticky snail trails, tiny insects caught in amber, dewy, forboding with filtered light"

529d125b-8b1b-4dd4-b830-c16d79ed942f_dejay_close_up_of_a_moss_garden_shallow_depth_of_field_sticky_snail_trails_tiny_insects_caught_in_amber_de.png

Skyzar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a 3d artist, I'm a little afraid of the future. :(

There's one (or a few) that create 3D models from 2D drawings...

But you know, you still need to edit...which some let you do too. Probably also has better topology too lol.

This stuff is amazing but a lot of skills that took so much practice to hone... they'll always need masters of it for really secret custom stuff... but that's not easy of course.

Wonder if they'll be able to do realistic special effects.

Last edited:

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
EDIT: Sorry for double post. Can somebody get rid of this one?

Got into midjourney, and it's good; much better than Dalle mini, however both of them are downright primitive compared to disco diffusion.

Last edited:

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
Got into midjourney, and it's good; much better than Dalle mini, however both of them are downright primitive compared to disco diffusion.

As a 3d artist, I'm a little afraid of the future. :(

2d guy here, and we all should be.

I've seen a lot of industry folks on linkedin and twitter grousing about how this doesn't really work, and it's a nothing burger...

Those guys are going to get hit by this like a fucking truck.

A lot of people are.

rabidtanuki

Oct 28, 2017
This stuff really is the future. I can see a future where human art is less common but sold at a premium. Some people will always want the "real" thing.

Oct 27, 2017
This stuff really is the future. I can see a future where human art is less common but sold at a premium. Some people will always want the "real" thing.
Nah, people want bad, cheap -or better yet, free- shit. They don't care about anything else, that's why Aliexpress exists. And this is only the beginning, what would this AI do next year?

Everyone in an artistic field better learn new skills. Covid sucked in 2020, but this stuff is as terrifying for many.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the Midjourney stuff looks absolutely crazy. We're really on the brink of something incredible with all this stuff.