• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It's been announced back in july, but i just saw it and since there was no thread about it, i created one!

Di9cvNpUYAA3Hsb.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Cytus Alpha for Switch.

Cytus Alpha is a full remake of the Rayark-developed rhythm game Cytus, described as a complete evolution from the smartphone version with over 200 songs and new artwork. It will be published by Flyhigh Works

The layout of the screen in Cytus Alpha has been completely overhauled from the smartphone game to make it more comfortable to play on Switch. It will also let players enjoy songs until the end without getting a game over mid-song. Finally, while the game has over 200 songs, there are more than 400 variations including arranged songs. All of the songs that previously appeared in Cytus will be included in Cytus Alpha. Several new songs are also planned.

The game will be released in april 26, 2019

Source : Gematsu, Gonintendo

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I really wish it was Cytus 2 (because woof that game is getting pricey for the full package now) but I will absolutely take a Cytus remake. The first game was ridiculously good value, because they sold it for cheap and kept adding songs when certain sale milestones were met. So it ended up being something stupid like 100+ songs for $2?

Anyway super looking forward to this. I prefer Cytus' music compared to Deemo and Voez.

OP
OP
Kain-Nosgoth

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I really wish it was Cytus 2 (because woof that game is getting pricey for the full package now) but I will absolutely take a Cytus remake. The first game was ridiculously good value, because they sold it for cheap and kept adding songs when certain sale milestones were met. So it ended up being something stupid like 100+ songs for $2?

Anyway super looking forward to this. I prefer Cytus' music compared to Deemo and Voez.

Deemo is my favourite rythme game of all time thanks to its soundtrack, saw cytus is sharing a lot of the songs with it! I don't like it as much, but it will be day one, love their games!

I'm sure cytus 2 will come along the way one day

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rayark is slowly bringing all their games to Switch. Wonder how much effort it'd take to port Sdorica.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
How did this completely slip by me??

I bought VOEZ on switch but I'm not a huge fan of the song choice, I bought all the songs for Cytus on Mobile so having them on switch would be the best.

OP
OP
Kain-Nosgoth

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
How did this completely slip by me??

I bought VOEZ on switch but I'm not a huge fan of the song choice, I bought all the songs for Cytus on Mobile so having them on switch would be the best.

What about deemo by the same devs? My favourite rhythme game, mostly due to the song choice, way more focused on piano and instrumental pieces! While most rythme games i'll like about 50 % of its soundtrack, here it's easily 80%

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
What about deemo by the same devs? My favourite rhythme game, mostly due to the song choice, way more focused on piano and instrumental pieces! While most rythme games i'll like about 50 % of its soundtrack, here it's easily 80%

I do like Deemo's song choice, but the control scheme is pretty meh for me :(

Cytus will forever be the GOAT Rhythm game for me, nothing is even close. if Deemo played like Cytus I would play it constantly.

OP
OP
Kain-Nosgoth

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
so the game released a few days ago... it's pretty expensive compared to deemo and voez (and i don't know why), but i still bought it, these games are so good i had to!

it's a bit hard but i'm getting the hang of it little by little