• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just need to say to all those blaming bendis or people after for hank, this is the same guy who in comics wrote in the seventies made himself into a monster (his furry beast look is not part of his mutation) through unethical scientific experiments trying to "cure" Artie (also unethical) and in the 80's kept fucking with Infectia because her powers made him look human again at the cost of his intelligence.

The Watcher was right Hank's trash.
Yeah he's an incredibly human, poetic, intelligent, affable guy burdened with the physical appearance of a monster that he constantly finds himself resenting.

As if he looks like a beast but his heart is fully human.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
If by wave you mean the '70's sure

91Ac8nu-GYL.jpg

Dracula's been a player a long time(wanna say issue 10 of this run in '73, was when they created Blade). Dracula's been on the X-men's bad side since early on and the what if Wolverine was lord of the vampire's is from 91. Vampires have been in play in marvel a long time

You know damn well what I mean. Don't make me pull out vampire Jubilee.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This design for Cyclops is the best of all worlds:

latest
Actually I can kinda vibe with this one.

The harness is still weird but it breaks the blue colouring up into readable pieces, but without his big yellow trunks, and the body armour-ish look does work for Cyclops since he's a really practical kind of fighter.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No.

This one.

b17f5eed5463c071e37c338e5a67488b.png

Cyclops is a lot more visually interesting without wearing the cap, letting his hair free looks cooler, but the 90s design is gobbledegoop because it goes against Cyclops' utilitarian nature.

I'm still so goddamn mad about this.
I always had a soft spot for the X-factor costumes, they were great.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
as soon as I hear "Cyclops is boring" I automatically know your knowledge only extends as far as the animated show or movies. he's among the best developed charcaters in the franchise, which is saying a lot considering the long, drama-filled history of X-Men.

latest
He doesn't have a bad costume. I'm partial to the current one though.

bb9a23b65c6eac93a51d2914eef778dd.png

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
as soon as I hear "Cyclops is boring" I automatically know your knowledge only extends as far as the animated show or movies. he's among the best developed charcaters in the franchise, which is saying a lot considering the long drama-filled history of X-Men.

Speaks to how strong you are as a person that you hate everything but Cyclops. You good people

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
as soon as I hear "Cyclops is boring" I automatically know your knowledge only extends as far as the animated show or movies. he's among the best developed charcaters in the franchise, which is saying a lot considering the long, drama-filled history of X-Men.

He should smile more.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always had a soft spot for the X-factor costumes, they were great.
They are!

latest

I think Cyclops in particular really needs a utilitarian costume. Something he wears that says "I am a superhero" at minimum and maximum, no frills or room for interpretation.

I actually think having shared themed uniforms is a good idea for an O5 team, or at least the team they were at the time of X-Factor, to sell that they're a tightly coordinated unit.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They are!

latest

I think Cyclops in particular really needs a utilitarian costume. Something he wears that says "I am a superhero" at minimum and maximum, no frills or room for interpretation.

I actually think having shared themed uniforms is a good idea for an O5 team, or at least the team they were at the time of X-Factor, to sell that they're a tightly coordinated unit.
Only good "Marvel Girl" costume

rude

Oct 25, 2017
this reminds me that I forgot to read that Rucka young Cyclops book. Should I?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC he bailed on it fairly early since his father passed away at the same time and he didn't have it in him to write a story about a young Cyclops bonding with his dad.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you're right, I just figured you'd be all about the Jim Lee costume no matter how bad it was.

Or maybe that doesn't count since come the 90s she was just Jean Grey with no codename.
I don't think Jim Lee does good costumes, I think even Rob liefield is better in taht regard

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

I loved it when Rucka was writing. But he only stayed for one 5 issue arc which is kind of unsatisfying on its own. Then he passed it off to Greg Layman and it nosedives and then ends after 1 arc with a Black Vortex tie-in (also terrible). It's hard to recommend.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
All of the X-Factor costumes were great except Bobby's. He looked ridiculous in that wrasslin belt
*pushes up his glasses* it was a power restraint belt because Loki using him to try to create an environment for frost giants on earth fucked with his powers. I always liked him in just pants
iceman.jpg

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it say "namor: the first mutant"? What is the context behind that? Is he really the first?
He is the first mutant to appear in comics, Namor had his own very successful solo series during WW 2. But in universe wise there are many more ancient mutants. Know what makes him a mutant? Those tiny wings that allow him to fly, they were once burned off and he was unable to fly until they regrew
namor-cropped.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

latest

Actually I can kinda vibe with this one.

The harness is still weird but it breaks the blue colouring up into readable pieces, but without his big yellow trunks, and the body armour-ish look does work for Cyclops since he's a really practical kind of fighter.
Mua3 was top tier design wise also that had a xfactor recolor. This was his alt costume btw

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
He is the first mutant to appear in comics, Namor had his own very successful solo series during WW 2. But in universe wise there are many more ancient mutants. Know what makes him a mutant? Those tiny wings that allow him to fly, they were once burned off and he was unable to fly until they regrew
namor-cropped.jpg

What the fuck. I've never noticed those wings before...

He can fly?!?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
namor-cropped.jpg

That always struck me as a little strange since Namora and Namorita have them too. But I confess I have a knowledge gap with regards to the Atlanteans

rude

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC he bailed on it fairly early since his father passed away at the same time and he didn't have it in him to write a story about a young Cyclops bonding with his dad.

I loved it when Rucka was writing. But he only stayed for one 5 issue arc which is kind of unsatisfying on its own. Then he passed it off to Greg Layman and it nosedives and then ends after 1 arc with a Black Vortex tie-in (also terrible). It's hard to recommend.
First 5 issues it is then

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they put him in his 90's costume a few years ago when almost all the x-men disappeared and he and Logan formed a ragged x-men team?

Also, surprised this hasn't been posted
JWjKIMjg-q4ugXIRZRxzPJgUFkh0l_d-dPA4Xht8KYc.jpg

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Not enough pics of Cyke eating sandwiches all the damn time.

It's my favorite gimmick for when he's chatting with Cable.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but his plan to send his younger brother against a godly powered Juggernaut didn't work out as well.
tumblr_pqw0dvPmlD1vvlbveo1_1280.jpg

But this is from the same comic where Cyclops exclaims that he doesn't label plans by alphabet, because that implies there are only 26 of them. Considering the Juggernaut in this comic was also further empowered by a magical hammer nearly doubling his strength (and giving him air-stepping, counter-teleportation and other abilities), Cyclops' strategies were surprisingly effective overall.

Cyclops is a top-tier strategist and leader, without question.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll always have Evolution Scott

X0zgdMU.gif
Evo Cyclops is actually the fucking best.

Evolution is actually just the best in general because Wolverine's a supporting character with a handful of focus episodes, so he doesn't dominate every single scene and when he does get to be important he's cool and interesting.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stupid comics are best comics, as Slayven's threads continuously show, at least they are more fun to discuss.
You get it.

Magneto was never more fun than when he trapped the X-Men in his secret Antarctic ABDL fetish dungeon that was next door to a secret kingdom of dinosaurs.

Or when Arcade brainwashed Colossus into thinking the X-Men made him betray Communism so he becomes the Proletarian, the hammer of the working class to smash the impudent American dogs.