• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you be in favour of a third person mode on consoles for Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes

• No it should remain as first person only

• I would have preferred it with third person mode from the get go

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020

So I tried seeing if this has been discussed already but it hasn't. I recently saw an IGN video of a third person mod for Cyberpunk 2077 PC and the perspective looks amazing(When not holding a weapon). Its buggy but the potential is tremendous. As they improve it, this will be good for those people on PC that get motion sickness from first person games. I was waiting for the next gen update to come out so I can buy it for my Series X but now I even have more desire to buy this game. I hope one day they come out with a third person mode for consoles but if they do I'll have finished it. Otherwise as the poll says what do you guys think about a third person mode for Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Please read the main post in the OT.

We don't need this thread, it can go in the OT.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I honestly be okay with just having it for walking around the city but then automatically switching to first person for combat, although obviously my preference would be to have full third person for everything.

Oct 25, 2017
The running...
tumblr_mqvwz8rmZg1stovwyo1_400.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Once the game is in a working state, I wouldn't mind a polished TP mode being added like a FP mode was to GTAV post-launch. I probably wouldn't use it much (I can certainly see now why they wanted it in first person), but it would be nice for all of those people who absolutely need one to feel immersed, though cutscenes and certain dialogue sequences would probably be in first person still.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Only after they fix the current bugs, add a bunch of other QOL tweaks.

Like, you should be able to favorite your preferred weapons so you can see which ones you are actually using and want to keep when you are either selling or scrapping a bunch of guns you've picked up after a fight.

They need to tweak the colors on the mini map so that white and yellow objectives don't look the same (dual objectives leading in the same direction should be thicker or include some other indication).

Honestly they should add a self driving option to the cars, with different levels of AI speed and aggressiveness.

You should be able to scan incapacitated enemies to see if they are alive or dead.

And a bunch of other stuff like that. Then when all of that is addressed they can consider adding an optional third person mode.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The game was designed entirely around a first person perspective. Idk why people itt are acting like these animations are a sign of the game launching the way it did. You were never supposed to see this, and it's fairly common for first person games.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously early. I cracked up when combat started. But good luck to them. Outside of the combat, doesn't look much worse than say Skyrims third person view.

Status
Not open for further replies.