• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Neotropolis+Art+Poster+by+Ryan+Barrry.jpg

Although the press release and website state that this bar has nothing to do with Blade Runner; it looks decidedly Blade Runner-ish.
upstairs_003.20_paintover_v002.jpg

Undercity+1.jpg

71516559_130792758262010_587424626989072384_o.jpg

The bar is set to open November 1st, 2019 which is an obvious nod to the film Blade Runner taking place in November 2019.

Tickets are $82 per person which grants you 2 hours inside, as well as a goodie bag that includes a light-up umbrellašŸ¤˜šŸ»

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Scum and Villainy pop up bar in LA ended up becoming permanent, so the hope is that that happens again. But S&V's original ticket cost was around 45, *and* you got two drinks plus a souvenir glass. Over 80 bucks? Sorry, that's just too steep.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The Scum and Villainy pop up bar in LA ended up becoming permanent, so the hope is that that happens again. But S&V's original ticket cost was around 45, *and* you got two drinks plus a souvenir glass. Over 80 bucks? Sorry, that's just too steep.
If I lived in L.A., I would pay the $82 just for the novelty of something like this even existing - plus getting a light-up umbrella would be sweet :)

I hope it too becomes permanent.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
There's going to be a whole lot of 怐ļ½”ļ½…ļ½ƒļ½ˆļ½—ļ½…ļ½ļ½’怑 bros dorking out while sipping from grossly overpriced cocktails named after scifi halcyons.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get ready to sip on themed mai tais next to a tourist wearing a mickey mouse shirt and sandals

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
this is cool as hell.

but not sure about the 82 dollars, I would be tempted, but need to see reviews first, see if its worth it

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
After going to Scum & villainy cantina plus several big pop ups that you pay for I'd say $82 isnt worth it.
RIP off UNLESS you're totally going for the image and can take good pics.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd go there once if I could. 2 hours is a rip, but I think I could swing $82 just to experience it once. That like, what, a Disneyland ticket? Wish I was anywhere close to LA

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, "nothing to do with Blade Runner", but those "artist concepts" totally look like the old Blade Runner PC game though...
XbRfBnx.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Dystopian aesthetic, dystopian prices.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Dude I'm pretty down. My Girlfriend and I made cyberpunk costumes for a party one year and wanna bring them back and make them better.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
82 dollar Cyberpunk bar is exactly the right amount of Cyberpunk that the genre should have. Pop Ups are fun concepts, damn shame we don't have them at all.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like LA will now have two Ennis House themed bars, between this and the one on the roof at the Ace hotel. I wish these places would at least come up with their own patterns for the textile blocks instead of just copying the Ennis House's pattern, especially since it isn't even the best pattern. The Storer house pattern would be a better choice if you aren't making it explicitly Blade Runner themed

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Unless they have a dress code, it's likely that the vibe will get killed by some guy named Trevor.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Like, 82 dollars just to walk inside? You have to pay again for drinks/food?

Mar 3, 2019
I feel like the only part of "dystopian" that they tried to implement was dirty grungy surfaces and dim lighting lol. That artist representation is kinda sad.