• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking lol this is hilarious

2020: GAMESMASTER IN 4K

I mean at this point, sure why not

joora

Oct 21, 2019
Just realized that's the show that I remember watching a few episodes as a kid . Didn't understand most of what they were saying (not from an english-speaking country), but I vividly remember some scenes, like playing the axe throwing minigame (later found out it was from heimdall).

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Brilliant! I got picked to take part in a live road show for Gamesmaster back in the day when they visited my local airfield. Got past the first round which was Streetfighter 2 on the SNES then lost in round 2 on a high score challenge in Cool Spot on the mega drive. Won a Psygnosis baseball cap for my efforts lol

Good times : )

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
This is from their wesite https://www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/,

this has to be exaggerated no? crazy.

IslandBabesCloseUpComparison.jpg

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Looks like the people working on this are from my neck of the woods, funnily enough - I mentioned this to some friends and one of them knew who it was straight away! Small world.

It seems as though they're just enhancing the last episode, but it sounds like they had some hopes of trying to release the series on Blu-Ray. I'd imagine that rights and clearance would make that a big ask, but it'd be a nice thing to have if they could somehow pull it off.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We were just talking about Dominic on this forum the other day as well

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some AI solution being used and not just a restoration job.
Yeah they are definitely using a face reconstruction ML, faces are 10x sharper than anything else, making it look like a really shallow depth of field. The womans face is super sharp but her hair looks out of focus.

The guys beard looks like static noise, his glasses fade in and out and change shape, as if the algorithm hasn't been trained on faces with glasses, and isn't using temporal information.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how a few years ago, the CSI "enhance" trope was mocked as unrealistic. And how we can somehow get resolution from nothing.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
I take the original footage was on tape instead of film? the restoration looks off