• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm right and the game releases this year or by February of next year, I'm not going to 'drag' or belittle anyone lol - I'll just be happy to play the game. Jason Schreier has made sure that he worded his Tweets in a way that he won't have to eat any crow, because first he said it's absolutely not releasing this year, then he backpedaled to say that it might release/be announced this year, but then he said it could be delayed to 2020.

Let's use "Rambo: Last Blood" as an example. Let's pretend that we don't already know that it's coming out in September. So if I were to say to someone that says "It's coming out this year" and my response was "It is absolutely not coming out this year", that implies that I know something definitive.Then I turn around and say "Well it might get announced for this year, but it's most likely going to be delayed to 2020".

When the movie is finally announced to release this September, all I would have to say is "Well I told you it might be announced this year" so I win. If it was in fact sometime next year, I would say "Well I told you it most likely would get delayed to next year".

Those are win/win statements as far as I'm concerned and they don't help anybody when CD Projekt Red themselves haven't announced anything yet.

Either way, it's still up in the air and we won't know for sure what's what until they themselves say something.

Jason's got far more integrity than that. Tbh the only reason I'm not throwing my full belief behind his words is because CDPR is known for crunch. They might need to delay it until 2020, but ultimately if they can get enough people to pull 80 hour workweeks, they might still get the game out by November. And this wouldn't be the first company to announce a game for one year, then have to delay it. Arkham Knight, RDR2, Persona 5. They were all announced and given a release date, then eventually delayed. CDPR even did it themselves, planning to release Fall 2014, then February 2014, and finally having to delay into 2015.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Did he say current employees? I seriously don't remember that, but tomorrow will nevertheless answer a lot of our questions.

Yes.

To be clear, the three sources I'm referring to in my tweet are people who work or have worked on the game. All of those people told me that 1) the game was planned for 2019 and 2) they think there's no chance it'll come out in 2019.

If you're referring to the other person who reached out to me, that's not one of my sources.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Jason's got far more integrity than that. Tbh the only reason I'm not throwing my full belief behind his words is because CDPR is known for crunch. They might need to delay it until 2020, but ultimately if they can get enough people to pull 80 hour workweeks, they might still get the game out by November. And this wouldn't be the first company to announce a game for one year, then have to delay it. Arkham Knight, RDR2, Persona 5. They were all announced and given a release date, then eventually delayed. CDPR even did it themselves, planning to release Fall 2014, then February 2014, and finally having to delay into 2015.
I'm not doubting his integrity, nor am I citing his past failings on some of his predictions; but the way he turned around and changed what he initially said as far as Cyberpunk 2077 "absolutely not coming out this year" just made me raise an eyebrow, so to speak.
Well we will all know for sure tomorrow :)

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Have to say I like the yellow background *shrug*

Might be better if it showed the world, but I also don't mind minimalistic covers.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Any good fan mock ups yet?

I think this cover could have worked if they went with some weird glitchy (like the logo) style version of the Metal Gear Solid box art..? Clearly they want the bright ass yellow to catch eyes on a shelf.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The contention regarding his sources is that they are ex-employees of CD Projekt Red that have been gone for a while and therefore would not have any truly reliable knowledge of the recent/current plans that CD Projekt Red is undertaking. It is also possible that they are highly disgruntled, which makes what they say a little bit questionable. I don't know for certain, as I did not talk to them, so let's just wait and see.

The Microsoft E3 press event should shed some more light on all of this.
Are those his sources for this game, former CDPR employees? I mean I understand some skepticism, but I don't see it as some line in the sand moment. He has gotten a lot right before, and his insights into what go on has been pretty valuable as of late.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding the cover art - I love it! The yellow really makes it stand out [with a faint image of Night City in the background] and the Cyberpunk 2077 logo being yellow with the neon blue is just extremely eye-catching and makes it pop.

Also with PS4 cases being neon blue and Xbox One cases being neon green, the colors compliment each other very nicely.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good fan mock ups yet?
Yep. In this very thread. Here you go. (i think it's dope)
My phone's wallpaper is better box art than that

And I'm a amateur

iiQYcJk.png

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Of course if all anyone cares about is, say, brightness, then they'll all be bright and now they're lost again.
With the amount of marketing Cyberpunk 2077 is about to get - no one's going to have any difficulty being able to see if a store has it in stock based on that color scheme. I would imagine there's about to be a deluge of marketing on TV, in movie theaters and in print ads. You should also brace yourself for the incoming non-stop YouTube ads for Cyberpunk 2077 interrupting anything you watch lol

Even CD Projekt Red's L.A. California office was painted in the color scheme:

Even someone's grandmother will recognize the box art at retail ;)

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah Spider-Man shelves stood out from a mile. Hope this is the final box art.
Imagine a display at Best Buy or GameStop with an entire wall of just cover boxes for this game - it's going to stick out like literally a sore thumb lol

If they put some standees next to it and by the front door, nobody will have any trouble deciding what game is the hot ticket that month🤘🏻

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Two things I'm wondering:

1). I wonder if the Collector's Edition will leak before it is announced [hopefully it is announced tomorrow] and how in short supply will they be compared to Death Stranding's Collector's Edition? Also when will pre-orders for it begin?

2). I wonder if we're going to get any information on potential expansions/DLC during E3?

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the box art, dig the color. Looks solid overall, love getting the physical PC releases of CD Projekt games. Hoping there's a sweet collector's edition revealed tomorrow.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I wish more games used their cool setting as the cover instead of just focusing on a character.

Imagine a dope shot of the Night City skyline. Or with Bioshock Infinite that people were comparing this to, a picture of Columbia instead of just a generic shot of Booker.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
the box art is legit terrible holy shit
what a fucking terrible cover
It's really impressive, tbh.

It does a lot of things right all at the same time:

• It's extremely eye-catching due to the bright yellow background

• The logo sits in the center, which is also bordered in an analogous color that draws the eye right to it

• Speaking of analogous color usage, the background color and the logo color are also analogous to whatever box it's encased in; whether it be PS4 [neon blue] or Xbox One [neon green], making it even more eye-catching and stand-out

• It doesn't give anything away. It doesn't spoil anything, even in the slightest

• Night City is slightly visible in the background amidst the yellow

The most important thing about it though, is that the game will be encased inside of it, so who gives a shit what it looks like ;)

Last edited:

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I really like small stuff such as a map and stickers when buying a game, might even get the collectors edition if it isnt too expensive

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get why they used the yellow, but I just wish they would've injected more color alongside it or something a little more interesting with the character. Show off the world or customization some. It's just really safe.

Last edited:

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
I for one am pleased with the yellow cover, it will look distinctive on my shelf. I like a multicolor game shelf. I don't think I have any box in my collection that is plain yellow on the visible side.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Y'all don't need to worry, the image in the OP has finally been debunked to be fake as hell.

So no nothing has leaked. Probably best to put this thread to bed.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
This is still official art, and the composition comparisons to the Witcher 3 cover still stand. I wouldn't say we're in the clear yet. Great fake though.

D7P_yLdX4AAvJWO.jpg:large

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
After reviewing the tweet, the evidence appears inconclusive. Thread is now reopened for further discussion.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand. Because it's certainly not quite the same art, and the person who tweeted that this is fake is not themself the artist of the stolen(?) art. So the cover of the source book used in the supposed leak looks like it's likely using a photoshopped version of somebody else's art? Is that an accurate take on the accusation? And that artist has confirmed that their art is not licensed for this use?

Because just eyeballing the original art and comparing it to the new art, there are substantial differences. No robot arm, no epaulets, different folding, shadowing and detailing of the jacket. Different colour composition. I am not a shoop master but these are not the same image.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
4lnt4zbar4611.jpg

looking at the map above published on the trailer in reference to the portion of the map that was present in the image posted by the OP, the City Center, Corpo Plaza, and Downtown is present in both. also, I'm sorry to anyone who may have noticed this before

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
4lnt4zbar4611.jpg

looking at the map above published on the trailer in reference to the portion of the map that was present in the image posted by the OP, the City Center, Corpo Plaza, and Downtown is present in both. also, I'm sorry to anyone who may have noticed this before and I'll take this down if posted before.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all don't need to worry, the image in the OP has finally been debunked to be fake as hell.

So no nothing has leaked. Probably best to put this thread to bed.

Y'all might need to start worrying(?) again because this tweet is misleading as hell.

The fanmade model is completely different. Editing it to resemble the artwork would require so much effort, one might as well start from scratch.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all might need to start worrying(?) again because this tweet is misleading as hell.

The fanmade model is completely different. Editing it to resemble the artwork would require so much effort, one might as well start from scratch.
Yeah okay thanks. When I saw the tweet three hours ago with the claim "I have proof" I was totally bewildered.