• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
My dynamic desktop wallpaper looks better than that box art...

]
XLZNd8o.jpg

That box art looks mediocre AF.
Please tell me I can find this on Wallpaper Engine when I get to my PC later. If not, there did you get it?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I had bad feeling about cover art when they released revised maleV and emphasis on use of yellow.

But glad to see that CDPR keeps stacking regular editions with goodies.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonistic and Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Representation; Prior Severe Infractions Related to Bigotry and Sexism
Resetera proceeds to bitch about the smallest things as usual. If a generic white dude works for sales then who cares.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Witcher 3 cover art was a nod to the (German) cover art of the Polish movie released in 2001
qKJ5n4d.jpg

But I have my game DVD in the steelbook anyway, which has this fantastic art on it
witcher3-artwork3.jpg

ukazka-stellbook-coverov-pre-z-image-4497.jpg

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I never quite realized how bad the TW3 boxart was. A render of Geralt on a white background, not even a gradient or anything.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
TW3 cover is ugly as fuck too. They can't do everything right

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 cover art was a nod to the (German) cover art of the Polish movie released in 2001
qKJ5n4d.jpg

But I have my game DVD in the steelbook anyway, which has this fantastic art on it
witcher3-artwork3.jpg

Yup I got this one. Fantastic work, its a pity they dont go for more artistic ones for the standard editions, BUT at the same time its always nice that their standard editions come with goodies that any other company would pass for collectors editions.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Box art looks fine. I mean it's not some fine art piece but they never are. Few games get out of the traditional look. Especially big ones. GTA did, but now they're stuck with the same look because it's known.

Looks like Witcher, so it's also expected because of that.

That yellow is gonna fucking pop on store shelves and digital marketplaces. Good choice for getting attention.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Damn, i'm getting the Polish version cause i like the logo.
And is that thing in the middle something? Or is it just a prop?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If that is real that might be the worst looking box art I have ever seen for a game I am hyped about

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
qKJ5n4d.jpg

witcher3-artwork3.jpg

Wow I did not know this. Was Witcher 3 Geralt default armor design basically based on this cover too....?

Also those steelbook covers are incredible.

Would have loved if the cover was reminiscent of the OG Cyberpunk tabletop case or book or something.

latest

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Casuals love a dude with a gun, shame that it's a bit dry looking but I can see why they went with that.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If not for the fact that the box will certainly contain a GOG code I would buy that physical. Those are some fantastic box contents.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Wow I did not know this. Was Witcher 3 Geralt default armor design basically based on this cover too....?

Also those steelbook covers are incredible.

Would have loved if the cover was reminiscent of the OG Cyberpunk tabletop case or book or something.

latest

Yeah, that game armor was pretty much based on that movie cover

And there were more steelbook covers one could get with the Collector's Edition

178113265554a316c85a9ac.JPG

2771858-witch5.jpg

4a29f94b386b99e45865fb3da248a72e.jpg

2771856-witch3.jpg

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Casuals love a dude with a gun, shame that it's a bit dry looking but I can see why they went with that.
That is pretty much it. People whining about box art might care about composition and quality of the art, but if it is something to sell to the masses you have to go as bland and non-threatening as possible.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Not a fan of the box art, like others, but for me it largely doesn't matter as I'll be getting it on PC.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's a reversible cover with the female protagonist on it. I don't think it matters though, because that yellow is butt ugly. If there's a steel book edition announced, I hope it's not as bad.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Some of you people forgetting what are boxarta for in the first place. Reminds me over whining about Spider-Man generic boxart. Welp, it shines on the shelves people, you dont need anything else with these games. They can give a fuck about if its original or good looking