• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Ah, I'll buy it at a high price

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
2cukttq0jyr51.png

Their marketing choices feel very not cyberpunk

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I'll wait for an influencer to get some CP2077 deodorant and the computer mouse to convince me the product is awesome while sitting in their CP2077 chair and wearing their CP2077 jacket.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
What better way to market a game from a genre that's about how future societies are dystopias shaped by rampant capitalism than to sell overpriced shit in cooperation with big brands?

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I covered the announcement here but a regular Viper Ultimate is $130 for just the mouse or $150 with the chroma dock. $10 premium for limited edition isn't that unreasonable.

wccftech.com

Razer Meets Night City With New Cyberpunk 2077-Themed Razer Viper Ultimate

Razer just revealed their next crossover with the Razer Viper Ultimate Cyberpunk 2077 Edition, set to launch next month on their web store.

I've heard the Viper Ultimate is really good but I'm still using their Lancehead.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
to put some perspective on it, a normal razer vipe ultimate msrp is $130. so +$30 for a SE.

edit: beaten. missed the detail on the dock. definitely not a bad mark up at all.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I'll wait for an influencer to get some CP2077 deodorant and the computer mouse to convince me the product is awesome while sitting in their CP2077 chair and wearing their CP2077 jacket.
Don't forget them constantly saying they're "unbiased" and that the game is "just that good. the brilliant offspring of hard-work and passion."

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Don't forget them constantly saying they're "unbiased" and that the game is "just that good. the brilliant offspring of hard-work and passion."
"Employees at CDPR enjoyed working crunch thanks to these comfortable CP2077 chairs & everyone in the office stayed smelling fresh thanks to Old Spice Cyberpunk Roamer body spray. Know how they prevented carpal tunnel syndrome? This masterfully crafted Razer mouse not only massages the hand... it also provides a robotic hand to deliver the genuine cyberpunk feel. I think the game is a 10/10. This stream is sponsored by CP2077."

Technosteve

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The entire industry is banking on cyberpunk to be a multimillion seller with all these comarketing deals

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned (Three day threadban): Hostility
True but it's really excessive with Cyberpunk
Normally is more niche thing, most in US only... But they are doing worldwide
Worldwide doesn't make it a bad thing.

Final Fantasy VII Remake had fucking sponsored pasta and noodles ffs - Cyberpunk is hardly an offender in comparison, atleast most of the promotions are tech related lmao
29gr1iu4dno41.jpg

typical overpriced Razer junk
typical bandwagon hyperbolic shit post

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It doesn't matter if it is or not, no outlet is going to dare score it lower than an 8 after all the shit CDPR have sent them.

lol
Using this logic no "AAA" game will ever get scored lower than 8 since publishers are always showering sites and reviewers with sponsored content, ads and expensive press-kits and CE.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are really getting into full "bitch eating crackers" mode for this huh?

Why don't you Google how much some Ghost in the Shell figures cost?

Last edited:

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
TFW you can't make a true cyberpunk game because you're a corporation, therefore no true cyberpunk games can exists that intends to make money.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm pretty sure by this definition nothing is cyberpunk.

Like I'm sure I could find some overpriced Blade Runner shit if I looked too.
Exactly, that's why I find criticism like that dumb when it's only used against this game.

I strongly dislike CDPR's use of crunch which indicates their failings in project management but that really doesn't have anything to do with how the narrative of the game etc will be just from a genre perspective.

Like fucking hell they can't market the game without y'all screaming it ain't cyberpunk.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, that's why I find criticism like that dumb when it's only used against this game.

I strongly dislike CDPR's use of crunch which indicates their failings in project management but that really doesn't have anything to do with how the narrative of the game etc will be just from a genre perspective.
Yeah, the crunch is one thing, the trans issues are also obviously very much worth discussing. But then there's "blockbuster entertainment product wants to make money".

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
typical overpriced Razer junk
Meanwhile just today I had to dig up my old 2013 BF4 Razer Taipan mouse I had saved for an emergency because the wheel of my Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum has gone completely loose. And now I'm wondering if I should go for a Razer mouse again to avoid Logitech. Eyeing a Deathadder V2 right now, have to check on Zowies.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, its not surprising. I imagine they have A LOT riding on this game. They've released 1 full game in this entire generation. Gwent and the Witcher mobile game seems to have performed below expectations. GOG doesn't make much money. They need to squeeze Cyberpunk for all its worth.