• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Must be a situation where if you don't stick directly to a specific set path and routine that the whole build will break, like the Halo 2 E3 demo.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Well....that certainly puts 'some' damper on the 2019 release dream, but I think it'll depend on the state of the game itself.

IMO they're still obviously trying to crunch/race towards a late 2019 release (which they miiiiiiight still announce) before delaying it to early/mid 2020.

Curious as to why no playable for the press demo tho - either the current build is 'limited' to a certain path, they're still squashing too many bugs on the non-demo path, or.....they want to make sure people get a 'good' impression and don't wander into a level 20+ area or something? I dunno.

Yeah. Worth noting perhaps though that Witcher 3 had no publicly playable demo at E3 prior to release, if I recall correctly. Exact same situation with it back in June 2014.

Yeah...and then TW3 got 'delayed' back to May of next year - which in this case, points much more to a 2020 release, assuming they follow the same pattern (which, to be fair, isn't guaranteed)

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Must be a situation where if you don't stick directly to a specific set path and routine that the whole build will break, like the Halo 2 E3 demo.

Also just in general you do want your best foot forward in events like this. Giving random visitor free reign to play massive open world game without knowing where they may rush to basically means ALL content needs to be in place and very polished. Having it controlled lets them show what they know is up to level they want it to be while avoiding content that is still more heavily WIP.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This literally gives no indication for when the game will release. Not sure why people are acting like it does. I still reckon Spring 2020 at the latest.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised in the least, they did the exact same thing with The Witcher 3. Besides, open world games aren't well suited to hands-on demos.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
They got some hot new wallpapers. Is it me, or does male V look miles better than before?

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Guided e3 demo -> playable gamescom demo -> December current gen launch :p

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
They got some hot new wallpapers. Is it me, or does male V look miles better than before?

They gave him a beard and more hair.

He looks so much like Vasyl Lomachenko which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

the-pivots-and-precision-of-vasyl-lomachenko.jpg

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
With the amount of people complaining about day time cyberpunk city I'm sure we are getting more night time footage this year.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
I have have second-hand information which makes me believe, that CDPR will aim to launch Cyberpunk in october/november this year. Unfortunately I don't think I can say how or why, without outing the person who is responsible for me believing this. All I can say is, as late as yesterday this person told me "95% for a 2019 release".

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
I have have second-hand information which makes me believe, that CDPR will aim to launch Cyberpunk in october/november this year. Unfortunately I don't think I can say how or why, without outing the person who is responsible for me believing this. All I can say is, as late as yesterday this person told me "95% for a 2019 release".

giphy.gif

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Did folks play Witcher 3 / get hands on in E3 2014? before it launched that spring 2015?

I think it is possible to get this game in the Spring or Summer, and then get a nextgen Patch for it once nextgen launches

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
I'm once again #team2019

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I'm still sure it's 2020 or early 2021. Spring 2021 the latest.

They may allow multiple videos the showcase this year at least...?

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Just so there's no misinformation, there's two DIFFERENT demos.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-closed-e3-presentation-will-be-an-hour-long/
Just like E3 2018, CD Projekt Red will be presenting Cyberpunk 2077 behind closed doors. In an email confirmation, the company mentioned the length to be one hour. Again, like previous year's presentation, no one with an appointment for the presentation will be allowed to take any pictures or to capture video/audio.

tl;dr:
  • Two gameplay presentations
    • One behind closed doors for outlets and influencers
    • One available publicly
    • They will be different (No details on how/why)
    • Both will be played by CDPR (IE: Watch them play through it, just like the last one)
  • The closed-door experience (at least, maybe not the public one) will be an hour long
    • No pictures or captures allowed of this one
      • I'm assuming you can capture the public one but no info yet
Unless your Nintendo with BOTW

On a serious note, what was the last playable "open-world" game at E3? I think it must be a bunch of work to have to change your systems, invisibly (Or visibly) put up a bunch of barriers, turn off all the quests etc. I imagine it's just plain safer to only take players where you're pretty sure of the outcomes.

Not necessarily thinking it's coming out in 2019 but I think people are overly worried about them playing it and not you. BOTW was great because it already had a tutorial area that you could just not let people progress past. Just turn off the tower quest and Zelda and you're pretty much done.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Thanks FoolsMilky sounds like they'll be on stage during the MS conference to showcase the game and maybe a trailer and also do a closed door demo which might be released at a later date like last year. Only I hope this year comes with a date and more story info/game details

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks FoolsMilky sounds like they'll be on stage during the MS conference to showcase the game and maybe a trailer and also do a closed door demo which might be released at a later date like last year. Only I hope this year comes with a date and more story info/game details
Yeah np :)
Can't wait to see all the footage.

Honestly it sounds like this is pretty realistic
  • New trailer-ish thing
  • Vague or specific release date
  • Public walkthrough (Which we'll hopefully get direct footage for)
  • Impressions from the private walkthrough
And depending on what Marcin means by "different", it could be of completely different gameplay in a different part of the game, or the same gameplay maybe as different playstyles or unlocks, etc.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
2 different demos between public and behind closed doors. Sounds good. Team 2019! We're getting a release date or window in the next couple of weeks so we can put this to bed soon.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Cyberpunk 2077 - Late 2020 release, cross-gen.

Xbox One / Xbox One X
PS4 / PS4 Pro
Xbox Scarlett / Anaconda / Lockhart (and probably streaming on xCloud)
PlayStation 5
PC Steam/Epic
Probably Google Stadia as well (perhaps later)