• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
I wouldn't take that closed doors thing too seriously. Like last year, the same demo will be out in the wild by the end of the E3.

Same. It's probably because of the nature of the game. I'm sure they prefer a guided tour through a set experience despite the game being open-world.

Breath of the Wild is a game very much about it's gameplay, and it had a "Tutorial" zone, making it much easier to just let people play it. If your open-world game isn't super polished in some corners, maybe it's best to not let people wander, but also not bother taking the time to make a full playable "sectioned off" gameplay piece for the public.

Also, maybe they're just doing it again because it worked well for them the first time lol.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I would be AMAZED if Cyberpunk doesn't have a huge presence at the Microsoft conference.

I suspect we will see some Xbox one X footage and hopefully a release window.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Will be very surprised if Cyberpunk doesn't have a lengthy trailer that says "2020" at the end in the Xbox conference.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Cdproject has gone on record stating that this will be their biggest E3 ever. We will see a very lengthy gameplay demo uploaded on YT, and a gameplay trailer at MS show (with a release date). A behind closed doors demo as well for journos.

Similar to W3 E3 2014

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Cdproject has gone on record stating that this will be their biggest E3 ever. We will see a very lengthy gameplay demo uploaded on YT, and a gameplay trailer at MS show (with a release date). A behind closed doors demo as well for journos.

Similar to W3 E3 2014

This is the sense I got -- that this is going to be the last E3 before the game comes out.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Behind closed doors because we can't have nice things..

Even with all the warnings IN the 48 minute demo itself, there was a ridiculous amount of hate And shit talking.

Anyway, really hoping they've continued the relationship with Nvidia and added some RT Global Illumination, and/or reflections.

It would be a transformative addition.

Oct 27, 2017
If CDPR puts a release date on this that's within the next year or so, that'll give me that much more incentive to splurge on building my new PC.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah because they have a behind closed doors demo doesn't mean they also won't show the public anything. Could be these people actually get to play it this year. Before them not showing it could be about the downgrade drama but since they showed it after a couple weeks I'd expect new gameplay for the public for sure.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many Ray Tracing reveals we will get this E3 and if this is one of them.
Reports of this game's performance has me wondering how they would implement it and how well they could optimize it before release. And what aspect of RT would benefit Cyberpunk the most, since so far it's been:

A. Shadows
B. Reflections
C: Global Illumination

Choose 1.

May 26, 2018
Reports of this game's performance has me wondering how they would implement it and how well they could optimize it before release. And what aspect of RT would benefit Cyberpunk the most, since so far it's been:

A. Shadows
B. Reflections

Choose 1.

They could bake the global illumination into the day-night cycles Horizon-style, right?

After that, I think RT should affect reflections. There's a lot of glass.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah because they have a behind closed doors demo doesn't mean they also won't show the public anything. Could be these people actually get to play it this year. Before them not showing it could be about the downgrade drama but since they showed it after a couple weeks I'd expect new gameplay for the public for sure.
From what I understand it's not playable for press this year either.

May 26, 2018
From what I understand it's not playable for press this year either.

giphy.gif

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The game's only been in full development since mid-2016, so they're only three years into a gigantic game. 2+ more years of development wouldn't shock me at all.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

A. Shadows
B. Reflections

Choose 1.
I think they would choose reflections for this game - they do not want to shame consoles too much (or change their art pipeline too much I imagine), so reflections are drag and drop more or less in comparison. Also the game is cyberpunk! So it has tons of glass, metals, reflective plastics. Cities are ultra awesome for reflections.

Then you could also see your character everywhere maybe :D

Curiously the both times they have showed the game so far, it has had no SSR at all. Just cube maps and some bounce lighting, which I have no clue how it is done.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I hope the rocky development hasn't effected the product too much - and that the people at CD Projekt RED are ok.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Yeah, it not being playable by press is not an indicator of anything really. Maybe we'll finally get a release date. Good thing Bloodlines was announced, it's painful to wait for any substantial news on Cyberpunk.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
So excited to see more Cyberpunk! I want to see more of the different abilities from the classes and yes I know we don't pick a class to play.