• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Nice, MS's E3 i assume, i didnt like the last E3 trailer but the gameplay footage itself looked great.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Awwww yyyyeaaaaa. This gives me incentive to hop on The Witcher 3. I've held off playing it for too long. Too Long I say!

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Awesome. Would be so much fun to see a new demo / extended trailer. Not much hope for a release any time soon though.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
You mean Google's press conference when they announce this as a Google Stream exclusive? Mwahahahahahahaha
tenor.gif

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'd never really thought about it before, but Cyberpunk 2077 is about the most cynical and generic name they could have thought of for this game.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
May 2020 + next gen ports by late 2020

or Late 2020 cross-gen.

I think late 2020 cross-gen.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Anything they do now and Reset Era will lose its shit and start another witch hunt
It's not a witch hunt when they actually did it. And never apologised either. And it turned out the PR person for GoG was a GGer which CDPR could have found out before they hired him. And the Cyberpunk tweeter is a separate person that is still with the company. I'm just reminding everyone what they did in this thread. They hurt real people. And didn't make amends.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
CDPR really liked how the May release for the Witcher 3 worked out for them. They were passed all the big holiday and Q1 titles and got to be the big dog in that month. I could see them wanting to repeat that with a similar strategy for Cyberpunk.

Jan 26, 2019
It's not a witch hunt when they actually did it. And never apologised either. And it turned out the PR person for GoG was a GGer which CDPR could have found out before they hired him. And the Cyberpunk tweeter is a separate person that is still with the company. I'm just reminding everyone what they did in this thread. They hurt real people. And didn't make amends.

OK Good luck

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
derail-sidekick.jpg

Not really a thread for that discussion.

CDPR still insist on 2x AAA releases by end of... was it 21 or 22? That means 77 must still be targeted for late 2019 release internally. Then slips into Q2 2020.
Why not? It's how they advertised Cyberpunk and what they did with it last E3. It's got more to do with the thread then the hyperbolic "HYPE!!!" remarks.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
CDPR really liked how the May release for the Witcher 3 worked out for them. They were passed all the big holiday and Q1 titles and got to be the big dog in that month. I could see them wanting to repeat that with a similar strategy for Cyberpunk.

Post-TW3 they are big enough juggernaut to dance with big boys in more competitive release windows too.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'd be surprised if it makes 2019 but will be very happy if it does.

Microsoft is the only presser it could be at .

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I was not overly impressed by their trailer last year, so I hope they have something a little more original this time.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Post-TW3 they are big enough juggernaut to dance with big boys in more competitive release windows too.

It's all about using resources efficiently. October, November, March, and even February are all so crowded now. This can really hurt even big games.

There's a reason WB/NetherRealm likes April so much. If everyone is tripping over themselves to get their games out by the end of the fiscal year, why throw your title into that fray if you don't have to?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The gameplay demonstration video was wild, it looks like one of those games I will end up spending way too much time in.