• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Glad someone mentioned Hardwired, it was one of my favourites. It's even loosely connected to the Pondsmith Cyberpunk RPG, as back in the day the first edition of Cyberpunk had a source book for playing in the Hardwired universe.

I really loved Hardwired in my 20s, but later, when I got my hands on Voice of the Whirlwind, I found out I preferred it. It's edgier, more nihilistic, and does some interesting things with the "alien contact" trope.

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
I really loved Hardwired in my 20s, but later, when I got my hands on Voice of the Whirlwind, I found out I preferred it. It's edgier, more nihilistic, and does some interesting things with the "alien contact" trope.

Yeah, I remember not being too sure if I liked it at first, but I liked the premise of the main character following the footsteps of his previous incarnation and trying to figure out what led to his originals death.

Did you know there was a third book, well, short story apparently, written after them, that bridged between the two books?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, I remember not being too sure if I liked it at first, but I liked the premise of the main character following the footsteps of his previous incarnation and trying to figure out what led to his originals death.

Did you know there was a third book, well, short story apparently, written after them, that bridged between the two books?

I know of it, but I've never gotten around to reading it. Is it good?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
~Listen~

I absolutely am in love with this song:

Soviet - Ghosts [Silent Gloves Remix]

Such an onslaught of 80s Synthwave vibes🤘🏻

Another one:

Tokyo Rose - The Getaway [Turboslash Remix]

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing this revised OP months later, I would recommend 2 movies.

I would definitely recommend Edge of tomorrow. The original light novel it's based on is also a pretty quick and solid read ("All you need is Kill")

BoNutyx.jpg

There's already a lot of Philip K. Dick suggestions, so this one is harder to recommend for that reason but also due to it being a thriller with psychological/social themes instead of the action oriented suggestions in the OP. All star cast (Keanu, RDJ, Woody, Winona). Has pacing issues and the story can at times be difficult to follow along (if you don't pay attention, you might miss important details), still I think it's a good movie that doesn't get a whole lot of love.

zGzhENr.jpg

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Seeing this revised OP months later, I would recommend 2 movies.

I would definitely recommend Edge of tomorrow. The original light novel it's based on is also a pretty quick and solid read ("All you need is Kill")

BoNutyx.jpg

There's already a lot of Philip K. Dick suggestions, so this one is harder to recommend for that reason but also due to it being a thriller with psychological/social themes instead of the action oriented suggestions in the OP. All star cast (Keanu, RDJ, Woody, Winona). Has pacing issues and the story can at times be difficult to follow along (if you don't pay attention, you might miss important details), still I think it's a good movie that doesn't get a whole lot of love.

zGzhENr.jpg
Both of those are excellent movies.

"Edge Of Tomorrow" is superb and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Tea From An Empty Cup by Pat Cadigan today and really enjoyed it. It's a locked-room murder mystery where two women are searching for answers about the same victim along very different paths inside an artificial reality.
Tea_from_an_Empty_Cup.jpg

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Now this is something special!

Indigo Gaming released this documentary 3 days ago and it deals with the origins, influences, real-world applications and aesthetics of Cyberpunk🤘🏻

From the many movies, games and books that depict the Cyberpunk theme, this high-production value, multi-part documentary will start at it's humble beginnings and travel all the way to modern interpretations of the Cyberpunk genre.

Part 1:

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Update the OP with "Bloodshot":
bloodshot-international.jpg

If you truly love Cyberpunk cinema; don't pass on this one.

The negative reviews and ratings are way wrong🤘

Edit: The trailer is riddled with spoilers; so if you're interested in this movie - don't watch it before diving in👍

Last edited:
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Updated the OP with "Hokuto no Ken/Fist Of The North Star"
ACtC-3cUo4ndnwWHZwY2YRG9JWINu5fqWOFqKHcAhVeYK5v09zqbt3RYgzwn8yogtr5AIRmyZ5R8vaN64NVt2zR_Xa13emmdT_hUPk3riDqY2WAmJFCxXH5EqIf6Po9TtGUUPyYc3T7_HHtWkKeZSsFB86H4=w1440-h1935-no

With the Nomad Life Path being a choice in Cyberpunk 2077 and the Badlands being heavily inspired by Mad Max; this legendary Manga/Anime simply has to be included🤘🍻

Featuring a protagonist that is equal parts Mad Max and Bruce Lee; this tour of the Wastelands is one that will quickly draw you into it's world with it's great atmosphere, action, narrative and music.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Updated the OP with "Hokuto no Ken/Fist Of The North Star"
ACtC-3cUo4ndnwWHZwY2YRG9JWINu5fqWOFqKHcAhVeYK5v09zqbt3RYgzwn8yogtr5AIRmyZ5R8vaN64NVt2zR_Xa13emmdT_hUPk3riDqY2WAmJFCxXH5EqIf6Po9TtGUUPyYc3T7_HHtWkKeZSsFB86H4=w1440-h1935-no

With the Nomad Life Path being a choice in Cyberpunk 2077 and the Badlands being heavily inspired by Mad Max; this legendary Manga/Anime simply has to be included🤘🍻

Featuring a protagonist that is equal parts Mad Max and Bruce Lee; this tour of the Wastelands is one that will quickly draw you into it's world with it's great atmosphere, action, narrative and music.
As it has always been since someone has brought up Fist of the North Star I am required to post this opening for it

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is a useful thread. Thank you, OP!
You are very welcome!

Now this is really cool - a fan-made, short film set in the world of Blade Runner:

It's very well shot and lit and the special-effects are very high-end looking for such a low budget. There is even some slight humor near the end👍

Here are the behind the scenes videos of the film:

This one is incredibly facinating - it deals with creating, lighting and filming the miniature buildings, as well as composing the tracking shots for them. All of the post-processing and special effects were accomplished using Adobe After Effects:

The Directors and cast having a humorous discussion about making the short film:

Duraigo

Nov 28, 2017
You are very welcome!

Now this is really cool - a fan-made, short film set in the world of Blade Runner:

It's very well shot and lit and the special-effects are very high-end looking for such a low budget. There is even some slight humor near the end👍

Here are the behind the scenes videos of the film:

This one is incredibly facinating - it deals with creating, lighting and filming the miniature buildings, as well as composing the tracking shots for them. All of the post-processing and special effects were accomplished using Adobe After Effects:

The Directors and cast having a humorous discussion about making the short film:

Holy hell this came out finally!?!?!? I've been waiting for this fan film for so long that I fell of of looking for any news about it. Thanks so much for bringing attention to this!!!

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Big ol' list of cyberpunk games (also, with some general sci-fi games)

www.resetera.com

Hungry for Cyberpunk games? Need some Recommendations! Also, Lists!

I hope this type of thread is okay/allowed! That said, here's the thread: So, I've been looking around for cyberpunk games for the last two months, give or take, especially now as I just finished up Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I'm hankering for some cyberpunk rgps with character creators or, at...