• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
no framerate targets again.

i am highly doubtful these are "stable 60 fps" targets. But it would be a pleasent surprise.

As a reminder...

000058028_enGB_OctoberSystemRequirements.jpg

yea, this turned out to be a joke.

the difference is Watch Dogs Legion's is absolute dog shit when its comes to optimization on the PC. They also said they're still working on improving it for the PC. The game isnt finished and was released too early.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
These recommended requirements seem low to me, especially for RT. My new rig should eat this alive then.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the difference is Watch Dogs Legion's is absolute dog shit when its comes to optimization on the PC. They also said they're still working on improving it for the PC. The game isnt finished and was released too early.

and we dont know what state cyberpunk will be at release lol
witcher 3 wasnt exactly great either until a few patches

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ugh if those requirements for RT already have DLSS baked in. Needing a 3080 to just get to 30 FPS with RT/DLSS on...

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's not going to be pretty , how Cyberpunk 2077 runs on current gen consoles. I think everyone kind of expected this given the last minute delays being blamed on Xbox One/ PS4 performance issues. My expectation is that ALL console builds will be based on the same starter - the goal will be 1920X1080 at 30 FPS, the first sacrifice I'd expect is obviously last gen consoles will have no RT so just throw that out the window. Next up is overall settings, I'd wager somewhere that's a mix of low and medium across the board. Now, just based on those ancient crappy jaguar cores alone and knowing how Witcher 3 runs on consoles.... I think we can assume it'll take twice as much sacrifice to achieve the same level of performance. This means of course on an Xbox one/ one s that 1080p/30 is never going to happen. That console didn't even run witcher 3 at 1080p, so if we're lucky it'll have sub HD UP to 900p dynamic resolution. The FPS target will still be capped at 30 but I don't expect it to spend a lot of time there. The biggest sacrifice will actually be last gens usage of HDD's VS SSD. Notice on the PC reqs that every column says to use an SSD ? That's bad news for this last gen build. It's going to mean the world will get chopped up which means more frequent and long load times.

This won't quite be unplayably bad but , it's going to look substantially worse than the build shown off this past week running on a one X. Moving on to a PS4 , I'd expect the better GPU and faster overall memory will help out quite a bit, more settings should be enabled than on a base xbox one and potentially the dynamic resolution will spend much more time at closer to 1080p too. The framerate will probably still struggle heavily at maintaining 30FPS though because it's still stuck with a crappy CPU. Moving on to the enhanced consoles , the PS4 pro has a substantial increase in power, this should allow close to medium detail settings across the board and a dynamic resolution that goes all the way up to 1440p. The same CPU is in there with a small overclock so there's a chance it'll run closer to 30fps to boot. I'd expect the PS4pro version to be the first one that comes close to delivering the visuals most expect of CP2077. Finally the Xbox one X , much more memory clocked higher combined with even more GPU power than a PS4pro means that some settings (like textures) might even run at the PC's high detail level. The console is still saddled with that shitty CPU though so it's still going to be a bit janky I think and the HDD, again, will probably cause performance issues across all 4 consoles.

Which brings me to the final point - running the PS4pro version on a PS5 OR the xbonex version on a series X ? I think all we can expect of either is a locked 30 fps and a removal of any HDD derived stutters, at least at launch.

Down the road as better customizations are made to take proper advantage of the new consoles , I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a couple options at play - a high detail mode that turns on some custom mix of the PC's RT options running at the highest possible resolution that can maintain a locked 30 fps (and non RT features likely turned up too) Or a framerate option that keeps dynamic resolution set fairly aggressively , details kept a bit lower and no RT on of course , maybe it actually manages 60 fps ?

I'm expecting I'll be running this at an internal 1080p resolution with everything including RT cranked and DLSS will have to bump it up to 4K. 40-60 FPS is my expectation so Gsynch will get a work out I'd wager. (I have a 6700k + 2080ti)

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
3080 | 5600X | 16GB RAM | Ultrawide

I'm ready, this game is the reason why I upgraded my PC, hopefully we can get great performance and stunning visuals.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll be fine I wanted this for ps5 but I haven't been able to get one. I bought an msi laptop last month with a GeForce RTX2060 or 2070.....not sure which but it's an i7 with 16gb ram seems like it'll be ok

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Is Atmos worth of 13€ in your opinion?

Honestly the amount of games that support it are a bit lacking at the moment, there are a good amount of movies that support it though (and there's where it gets most use from me) and the virtualization of non-Atmos content is okay most of the time. How well it works though is mostly dependent on your headphones and how well their things works for you specially.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try though, especially if you have a good amount of content that supports it. Free 30-day trial IIRC.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Honestly the amount of games that support it are a bit lacking at the moment, there are a good amount of movies that support it though (and there's where it gets most use from me) and the virtualization of non-Atmos content is okay most of the time. How well it works though is mostly dependent on your headphones and how well their things works for you specially.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try though, especially if you have a good amount of content that supports it. Free 30-day trial IIRC.

Checked and Trial is 7 days, but yeah... Any idea how well it works with Sony WH-XM1000XM2's overall?

I might get it just for 77 🤔

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
There is DLSS 2.0. Gamestar.de mentioned that was 6 options for DLSS.

fSxd5uO.png

I have an RTX 3080, but I'm really tempted to turn off raytracing and keep DLSS on so I can get as many frames as possible since I have 144hz.
6 DLSS options? Tf

Usually it's Quality, Balanced, Perf and Ultra perf.

Ultra Quality and Ultra balanced? Lol

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'll start with no DLSS at all and see how it runs. Bump it up one small level at a time until I get performance I'm happy with. Not going to try to hit 144 unless it actually seems to be in reach, which I doubt.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Checked and Trial is 7 days, but yeah... Any idea how well it works with Sony WH-XM1000XM2's overall?

I might get it just for 77 🤔

I've had good/great results with Sennheiser's 280/380 and RIG 800HD's, but if they're good headphones it'll probably work great to be honest. I've never tried it with noisecancelling headphones but I'd love to, it's probably even better tbh.

Hell, if it works great with even just one game you plan on spending a lot of time with, it's probably worth it; it definitely enhances the experience in all of the games I've tried that support it.

Even Overwatch, the experience is quite nice.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So, when's that RT patch for the consoles? 🥵

v2EQL1t.jpg

That doesn't even make sense, man. How is that real?!

I would rather take more pedestrians and a smooth framerate than this raytracing stuff. this shit is pure nonsense eyecandy without purpose and it eats up those precious resources like crazy. besides that, Watch Dogs Legion also has raytracing reflections that look like that, problem is,
it doesn´t suddenly make a good game out of it.

one can only hope that they try to add more NPCs to the next gen systems, next gen patch or not. without enough NPCs it loses its whole atmosphere and people with next gen systems should not have to wait a few months for that.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting to see Ryzen 5 3600 recommended for ultra RTX but that is really good.

Oct 27, 2017
I've got an i5 8600k and a 2070 super. I'm hoping at 1080p I can run at 60 FPS with some if not all Ray tracing turned on.
Seem realistic?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
looking at this.... i feel like my i7-5820k + 1080 Ti are gonna be okayish running 1440p?

Ugh I really need a new CPU

Nov 20, 2019
I would rather take more pedestrians and a smooth framerate than this raytracing stuff. this shit is pure nonsense eyecandy without purpose and it eats up those precious resources like crazy. besides that, Watch Dogs Legion also has raytracing reflections that look like that, problem is,

one can only hope that they try to add more NPCs to the next gen systems, next gen patch or not. without enough NPCs it loses its whole atmosphere and people with next gen systems should not have to wait a few months for that.
RT is the future tbh.....

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Very interested to see how the dynamic scaling will work. If it's just resolution then I'll be very happy to see this integrated into DLSS.

If would be great if the game could scale ray tracing intensity in real time to keep performance at 60/120.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Ray tracing has been around decades. It's not some fad that's going to go away now that hardware is capable of doing it in real time.

It's also not just reflections, it's lighting and shadows. Without RT dynamic objects have this tendency to just sort of 'glow' weirdly, with RT everything is much more consistent and realistic.

Devs just show off the reflections a lot cause it's a very obvious way of indicating the difference between RT off and on, but it isn't the only thing that RT does.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

I will steal the "nonsense eyecandy" phrase. You could say everything in graphics is nonsense eyecandy.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
So in your guy's opinions what would it take spec wise to be able to run this at 1440p and at least 60fps? Im looking at a 3080 and an i9 10850 processor. Just picked up a 1440p/144hz monitor too. For comparison right now ive got a 980ti and a i7 4790k and my monitor is a 1080p 60hz

ugoo18

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe we're close to the eventual release of this. Heck the first teaser trailer came out 7 years ago when I was still in my undergrad. Now 7 years, 2 degrees and now a full time job later its almost here.

Spent 5 months building my first ever gaming PC with help from PC Era

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x 3.7ghz 12 Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM AIO Liquid Cooler

Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb (2x16gb) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage 1: Samsung 980 Pro 1tb M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage 2: Western Digital Red 6TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra Gaming Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

PSU: EVGA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair AF120 (2018) 52 CFM 120mm Fans

for this after going the gaming laptop path for so long.

My PC and I are ready and waiting.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
9900k @ 5GHz + RTX 3080.

I want ray tracing, and I want a playable frame rate on my CX.

DLSS and Gsync, take the wheel.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Can't believe we're close to the eventual release of this. Heck the first teaser trailer came out 7 years ago when I was still in my undergrad. Now 7 years, 2 degrees and now a full time job later its almost here.

Spent 5 months building my first ever gaming PC with help from PC Era

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x 3.7ghz 12 Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM AIO Liquid Cooler

Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb (2x16gb) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage 1: Samsung 980 Pro 1tb M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage 2: Western Digital Red 6TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra Gaming Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

PSU: EVGA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair AF120 (2018) 52 CFM 120mm Fans

for this after going the gaming laptop path for so long.

My PC and I are ready and waiting.
I need your help on how to get a 3080 lol I gave up over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.