• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Liked what I heard from the japanese dub. Do we have a japanese cast list?
And do we have the option to easily switch to japanese if we want to?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Liked what I heard from the japanese dub. Do we have a japanese cast list?
And do we have the option to easily switch to japanese if we want to?

At least on GOG I can download any language version of TW 3 available, I suspect same will be possible for 77.

I don' t know how language packages are handled on consoles.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
At least on GOG I can download any language version of TW 3 available, I suspect same will be possible for 77.

Yeah, my guess is that with the PC version that would be my first choice anyways it shouldn't be too difficult to play it in any language you want. I don't expect that to be the case with the console releases though.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Here's my situation. I have a gaming PC with a GTX 1080 and a 4790k. I also have a PS5 pre-ordered on Amazon. I've never been this conflicted on which platform to get a game on.

On one hand I value enjoying a single player sitting and relaxing on the couch. But on the other first person shooters are king with a mouse and keyboard.
I also know I may have to wait a while for the "next-gen update" for the PS5, but I'd like to eventually enjoy ray tracing or other graphics that my 1080 couldn't do. Thoughts? What would y'all do?

well if you get a PS5,I'd say pick this one. Otherwise PC is perfect as it is minus the raytracing

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

side note/ rant on other platforms
Also , on gog updates are not forced up your throat.
If there's one, fine, you can play with it or not, you won't be forced to go offline and manipulate certificates by hand (and it's downright impossible for some games requiring launchers).
You can play whenever the duck you want and not have to wait for a day or more for the update to download (i pray this remains the case forever).

Last edited:

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Blarg, i'll be FemV and i'll teach them to show respect :)
(Femme FemV if possible)

I've already started planning V to be a badass Nomad Hacker/Cyber-Ninja Black woman. Pretty much any chance I get to create a character, I've been making them women of color, and I love it. After The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, and Miles Morales, Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game this year. I've been wanting an open world adventure in a cyberpunk setting for years. I hope that, much like Ghost of Tsushima, this inspires other studios to tackle that setting and genre. While the settings of both GoT and CP2077 aren't new, I can't think of any other open world games in those settings.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Cross-post

wo244dpkmhp51.png
What is this wizardry are we seriously looking at an upgrade??

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I've already started planning V to be a badass Nomad Hacker/Cyber-Ninja Black woman. Pretty much any chance I get to create a character, I've been making them women of color, and I love it. After The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, and Miles Morales, Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game this year. I've been wanting an open world adventure in a cyberpunk setting for years. I hope that, much like Ghost of Tsushima, this inspires other studios to tackle that setting and genre. While the settings of both GoT and CP2077 aren't new, I can't think of any other open world games in those settings.

Oh yeah definitely... GoT was also a long awaited setting indeed... people craved it and you could see game after game in the ubisoft openworld games installments "where should go next ?" things people always bringing up Japan.
I have had GoT dreams for days straight while playing the game (not nice dreams... map completion dreams are the worst)

Cyberpunk, ... i think starting from Syndicate (solidified by Shadowrun), i've been longing for it. Fallout made it right for Dystopia, but Deus Ex... there was always some scope problem...
The scope problem will be fixed in a few weeks :)

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure either whether to get it on PC or PS5, can someone help me? Is my PC noticeably more powerful than a PS5?

Intel Core i7-9700F, Nvidia RTX 2060 Super 8GB, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 550W 80+ PSU, Wifi, Windows 10, Onyxia RGB

Those are my specs, I know its a decent PC but I'm no good at this stuff.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure either whether to get it on PC or PS5, can someone help me? Is my PC noticeably more powerful than a PS5?

Intel Core i7-9700F, Nvidia RTX 2060 Super 8GB, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 550W 80+ PSU, Wifi, Windows 10, Onyxia RGB

Your PC should be a good bit weaker, actually.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017

With Cyberpunk 2077 supporting DLSS 2.0, yes, without a doubt you should play on PC.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

Consoles are using very nice hardware this gen, they actually are bit better than your PC.

They have SMT CPUs [16 threads, few will be for OS], stronger GPU, same amount [but much faster] RAM, and both have new solutions for offloading work when handling fast SSDs [especially PS5].

But you can expect that C2077 will work good on your PC, the game is hitting PS4/Xbox one after all, and you have DLSS.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Derp, despite just writing about it in another post, I did forget about DLSS 2.0 here. Still favor the PS5, especially so if those next gen console versions do get great optimization, which I assume they'll get eventually.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

PC, the hardware should be about the same I imagine but on PC you'll have the choice to not run at sub-30fps if they aim too far (which they usually are, look at TW3) and if you upgrade the GPU within the next few years you'll regret investing in a console version you'll never touch again.
If it was Play Anywhere (it isn't) I could see myself buying the microsoft store version and occasionally play on Xbox for comfy couch gaming but that's about it for consoles and this game for me.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is that TGS footage PC or PS5 version? Damn this game looks incredible - lighting, character models & animation are absolutely fantastic

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018

Honestly, just wait and see how the PS4 version will look and run on the PS5 day one, the PS5 is more powerful than your PC. However, your PC should run this game at max settings just fine.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Do you play in 1080p or 1440p? Day one your PC version will definitely look better than the PS4. You also have access to DLSS 2.0 on your RTX card, giving you a better performance for no loss in visual quality. I would just go with PC.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018

your pc will look better plus you'll be able to push a much higher frame rate.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
As much as I want good stable performance, I really hope the PS4 base looks decent enough graphically to do justice to the world they created.
Also anyone else think the reflections in avengers assemble look really good, even on console? Especially the night city maps, hope we still have good reflections even if not true rtx style in cyberpunk for those night neon streets.
If it can look similar, if not better, to sleeping dogs remaster I can't complain.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Some more gameplay clips.

V and Jackie meeting Dexter DeShawn and T-Bug:

Montage of combat, lots of it new:

Again, I'm really impressed by the character models and their animations. So much detail.

Melee combat still looks rough / weird. And they used large animation (probably to let you dodge) that increase this feeling.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv

I'd go with PC. Your specs will run the game great, and you'll probably get way more mileage out of your PC version.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
What is the chance that this is just recut versions of the other Night City Wires?

EDIT: This was on Friday. My bad.

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Melee combat still looks rough / weird. And they used large animation (probably to let you dodge) that increase this feeling.

Keep in mind that the game will have a proficiency system, the more you use a weapon the better you'll be at handling it. The same goes for the cars (unless you are a Nomad) then you should improve your driving skills over time.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
What's so impressive about the shooting in this? It looks pretty bog-standard.
I just think it looks amazing in that gunplay video, the scenery, the graphics, details, animations and intensity is up there trading punches with the very best first person shooters out there. And this is a RPG. I'm just blown away by all of it.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I just think it looks amazing in that gunplay video, the scenery, the graphics, details, animations and intensity is up there trading punches with the very best first person shooters out there. And this is a RPG. I'm just blown away by all of it.
I'm in the same boat. There aren't that many single player shooters I can think of out there that look better than that.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat. There aren't that many single player shooters I can think of out there that look better than that.
Yeah, I mean imagine if Halo Infinite would've looked like this, or if MS would've shown a new Perfect Dark looking like this. There is nothing bog-standard about this game as far as I'm concerned!

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics look great, I was more talking about the shooting itself which I don't find all that impressive in that vid. Time will tell though.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Graphics look great, I was more talking about the shooting itself which I don't find all that impressive in that vid. Time will tell though.
Ah, fair enough. For me it ticks all boxes though and it's such an unreal scenario that a RPG developer makes a RPG with action that looks on par with any action-focused game.

Oct 26, 2017
Must be one of the most detailed and wellcrafted game characters ever, just look at all those tattoos. The hair during videos looks amazing too.
There's the footage where the player comes out of the brain dance and she's leaning over them. The subtle eye movements she makes, making eye contact with the player and looking away are amazing. It shows why the game is in first person, it just wouldn't work in third.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Must be one of the most detailed and wellcrafted game characters ever, just look at all those tattoos. The hair during videos looks amazing too.

There's the footage where the player comes out of the brain dance and she's leaning over them. The subtle eye movements she makes, making eye contact with the player and looking away are amazing. It shows why the game is in first person, it just wouldn't work in third.

CDPR always raising the bar. This game will be next-level, we aren't ready.

6FiDVPK.gif