• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

Preparations for IGN's Summer of Gaming are continuing apace, but we thought we'd take a quick break from all the planning to let you know an exciting addition to the line-up ā€“ CD Projekt Red will be bringing Cyberpunk 2077 to the show in June.

Cyberpunk 2077 is comfortably the IGN audience's most-anticipated game right now. In our polls, you've previously voted for Cyberpunk as the game you're most looking forward to at E3 2019, at Gamescom 2019, and even for 2020 as a whole, beating out the likes of The Last of Us 2 and Halo Infinite with 46% of the vote, and well over 300,000 people getting behind the long-awaited open-world RPG.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I've been in since they mentioned Sega and Bamco, but this obviously guarantees a lot of eyes.

EDIT: No idea when they added SE, but extra cool. That said, I assume they'll be confined to DLC/ports/western games like Outriders, and all the major bombs left for next-gen reveals.
Cool! Is by any chance Geoff Keighley involved in this? Does he have any shows planned?
He mentioned he was in the thread announcing this event, but iunno if he's followed up since.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
We got a city to burn.
giphy.gif

When the IGN stream starts in summer
giphy.gif

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Surprised MS didn't nab this for their May/June show (though wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk was at more than one event)

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Oh no one. Did you miss the tail end of my post where I implied MS might still have their own showing of it

Saw it but wasn't sure how to understand it as the first part sounded like it is a fact so I was wondering if you could link something or so. But now I understand.

Since MS does the marketing and pretty big this time I think it is a no brainer that this game will be a part of their show as well. I think everyone wants Cyberpunk to be a part of any show. :D We will see a lot of Cyberpunk soon that's for sure.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Saw it but wasn't sure how to understand it as the first part sounded like it is a fact so I was wondering if you could link something or so. But now I understand.

Since MS does the marketing and pretty big this time I think it is a no brainer that this game will be a part of their show as well. I think everyone wants Cyberpunk to be a part of any show. :D We will see a lot of Cyberpunk soon that's for sure.
Haha sorry, shoulda made it more clear.

Honestly I personally expect Cyberpunk to have multiple showings at this point anyway. Given they're ~5 months off from release, they're likely going to to start amping up their marketing campaign relatively soon. You'd imagine the marketing team are currently knee-deep splicing together gameplay reveals, advertisements, and CGI teasers.