• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I swear any time someone gets a copy of a game earlier and leak it, it's like they've never touch a videogame in their life with the way they play
Yeah, it's rough lol

Like when he was on the character creator and I was hoping he'd run through the options. But all he said was "What am I looking at?!?" before clicking through without checking anything.

unic0rn

Banned
Oct 8, 2020
User banned (permanent): whataboutism around transphobia, account in junior phase
This kind of post that seems to beg for absolution is odd. It just makes you someone that wants to play a game despite its issues with transphobia both internal to it and the company producing it. My only request has been those engaging with it give feedback on how it, and CDPR as a whole, could be better without their constant prodding at trans people and courting the less savoury Gamer fans they know flock under them. If anything, by all accounts it seems that would resonate with them more than people in the trans community taking umbrage with it/them.

Do you use a smartphone? Any electronic device? Obviously you do, or you wouldn't be able to post here.

Many of those devices, as well as things as common as clothes, are made thanks to exploitation of people in less developed countries.

Does it make you someone that just wants to use those devices and wear those clothes, despite those issues? Does the fact that everyone else able to post here, including me, does the same, make it in any way less bad?

Or is it perhaps that as long as the issue at hand doesn't affect someone personally, regardless of what that issue is, they simply don't give a fuck, at least not to a degree to do something about it?

It's a sad and brutal world we're living in, but it is what it is. Someone willing to play this game, regardless of CDPR's actions, is in no way doing anything more damning than you buying a new smartphone.

"If all you're doing is casting stones, you're probably not going to get that far. That's easy to do." - Barack Obama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHLd8de6nM)

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's rough lol

Like when he was on the character creator and I was hoping he'd run through the options. But all he said was "What am I looking at?!?" before clicking through without checking anything.
Ugh, that's hard.

I remember the first Red Dead 2 leaks and this player just sucked at everything.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Do you use a smartphone? Any electronic device? Obviously you do, or you wouldn't be able to post here.

Many of those devices, as well as things as common as clothes, are made thanks to exploitation of people in less developed countries.

Does it make you someone that just wants to use those devices and wear those clothes, despite those issues? Does the fact that everyone else able to post here, including me, does the same, make it in any way less bad?

Or is it perhaps that as long as the issue at hand doesn't affect someone personally, regardless of what that issue is, they simply don't give a fuck, at least not to a degree to do something about it?

It's a sad and brutal world we're living in, but it is what it is. Someone willing to play this game, regardless of CDPR's actions, is in no way doing anything more damning than you buying a new smartphone.

"If all you're doing is casting stones, you're probably not going to get that far. That's easy to do." - Barack Obama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHLd8de6nM)
What are you on about..? I didn't say they were doing anything damning, I asked that they send feedback suggesting the game and CDPR would be better without the constant prods at trans people. Nice attempt at a gotcha though, I guess.

bigger_problem.png

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

This is a really bad post.
Nobody is shaming you, and "no ethical consumption under capitalism" hasn't been a relevant argument since... well, never.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does that make me a bad person idk.

this is a philosophical question to a whole issue of capitalism and exploitation and consumerism.

I don't know.
What are you on about..? I didn't say they were doing anything damning, I asked that they send feedback suggesting the game and CDPR would be better without the constant prods at trans people. Nice attempt at a gotcha though, I guess.

bigger_problem.png

i think I need to make a bingo card for all these posts lmfao

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, aren't their trans members on era that want to play the game and see for themselves how trans people are represented. Honestly, I would just ignore the thread so you don't have to keep seeing it.
It's not about me or you. Its about the trans members of Era and trans people around the world. The burden of inconvenience shouldn't be put on our trans members here. We have spoiler tags here, let them get used in the ONE thread. It's gonna suck but let that burden be blamed on CDPR being a transphobic company and not on the members who are disrespected by said company.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Dismissing concerns around transphobia
Just curious why we don't just have two threads one being gaming focused and one political?

Oct 29, 2017

mister-gotcha-2-474952-1.jpg

You are literally being this guy, just play the game if you want to and let people talk about CDPR's/CP2077's issues.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

"We live in a society" - Obama. What an insightful and not at all completely grossly dismissive post. Come on.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
going back to the main topic of the thread.

Besides the "high" individual with a ps4 copy did we go any other leaks yet?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just curious why we don't just have two threads one being gaming focused and one political?
People should be able to air their concerns about the game in regards to e.g. transphobia and crunch on a platform where it is visible to other members so they can make an informed decision as to whether they want to buy the game or not.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I mean. I'm one of them. But I'm not going to pretend the company hasnt been really ignorant lately. But I'm also conscious that there is a difference between what the game might say and what their company has done also. Re: recent cosplay stuff etc
Hey, thanks for chiming in 🙂. I hope overall, you enjoy the game. I hope CDPR handles trans issues well, it's a wait and see for me. I hope game reviewers call them out on their trans representation and make CDPR a better company.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Literally the entire reason discussion of this game is still allowed here, supposedly, is so that the "controversy" is talked about. If you still can't handle discussion of it in your Cyberpunk threads, congrats, you're helping us argue for having no Cyberpunk threads.

Jun 1, 2018
The game apparently takes some dark turns and I really hope we wont see youtube filled with spoiler titles a week before launch because of leaks.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
someone on 4 chan saying that the PC version files leaked on a Russian website. but 4 chan its trash

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
Ain't no spoilers being spoiled in this thread, why is it still up? No good conversation is happening here that hasn't already been discussed in the pinned thread, or this week's night city wire thread.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Looks surprisingly good on old consoles and pre-patch. I have a feeling that the game will truly release in 3 weeks.

Jun 1, 2018
Ain't no spoilers being spoiled in this thread, why is it still up? No good conversation is happening here that hasn't already been discussed in the pinned thread, or this week's night city wire thread.
There is literally a spoiler video in the first post from OP and in the third post. Whats up with the meta commentary? Spoiler threads are on Era for lots of games.

data

Oct 25, 2017
i don't, but if I recall correctly there was people in Russia who played the 16 hours on a PC without the VPN access.

maybe somehow that leaked??
That doesn't even make sense considering even with VPN access it would need to be closer to the game release date. VPNs can only bypass release dates when it's already out in a different timezone. You're gettin duped.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
That doesn't even make sense considering even with VPN access it would need to be closer to the game release date. VPNs can only bypass release dates when it's already out in a different timezone. You're gettin duped.
the vpn i mean geforce now, like people from us media had access.

the media outlets in russia actually played the game installed on the computer they had access

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay we can have a political thread... Putting the fact that CDPR is a shit company thats transphobic would go in both threads because there's nothing political about CDPR being transphobic. Just being a dipshit company with a dipshit stance. Trans rights arent political.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Their is a spoiler video in the first post like others have said. Someone already has the game and is playing it.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Well, its nothing about the leak, but

Last trailer confirmed that we are going to play as Johny in a flashback, when he tried to blow the Arasaka building in 2020 (and succeeded)

The trailer shows him invading it by the rooftop, with a nuke in a bag.

He then gets killed by Adam Smasher, and has his "soul" put on the chip (by his girlfriend) that we steal at the start of the game

This makes me mad excited, because this sequence of events is awesome. I had hopes that we would be able to play this in a flashback, so its nice to have confirmation.

We know how the lifepath choices start, so this will happen probably when Johny appears for the first time to us.

Journalists who previewed the game said that they played as Johny, so it confirms that this will happen during the first 16 hours of the game

data

Oct 25, 2017
Well, its nothing about the leak, but

Last trailer confirmed that we are going to play as Johny in a flashback, when he tried to blow the Arasaka building in 2020 (and succeeded)

The trailer shows him invading it by the rooftop, with a nuke in a bag.

He then gets killed by Adam Smasher, and has his "soul" put on the chip (by his girlfriend) that we steal at the start of the game

This makes me mad excited, because this sequence of events is awesome. I had hopes that we would be able to play this in a flashback, so its nice to have confirmation.

We know how the lifepath choices start, so this will happen probably when Johny appears for the first time to us.

Journalists who previewed the game said that they played as Johny, so it confirms that this will happen during the first 16 hours of the game
Wasn't there some flashback gameplay they showed? The dive thing?

Found it, braindance:

Probably related to this maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.