• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipzoom

May 27, 2019
Spoiler: CDPR are a garbage company that exploits minorities and workers alongside fostering a toxic work environment for staff, for more $$$.

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...
www.resetera.com

CDPR developer speaks out against toxic workplace conditions during Cyberpunk 2077 development News

thanks to Mazzle for the grabs: credit to Toumari for grabbing these:
This should be in the first post of the OT.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Not sure what the point of your post is other than making a driveby-troll post (just like you did in the other thread) but there are 3 threads right now: Spoiler, Non-Spoiler and a dicussion thread about the recommended PC specs.

Tbf that's two threads too many for a game that's not even out for 3 weeks.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not sure what the point of your post is other than making a driveby-troll post (just like you did in the other thread) but there are 3 threads right now: Spoiler, Non-Spoiler and a dicussion thread about the recommended PC specs.
There's like multiple threads made every couple of days and has been for the past week and a half. It's a comment on how this game has seen innumerable threads prior to its release for any minor thing, including a 14 second twitter advert. Not really sure how it's trolling though, it's pretty blatant in what it is; a short post making a joke. It wasn't much more than that though, granted.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Tbf that's two threads too many for a game that's not even out for 3 weeks.
It's not out for 3 weeks....

We had TLOU 2 spoiler thread long before even footage started to leak, it was massive thread by the time game released.

Precedent by mods is that moment leaks start spoiler thread can go up, but it's up to them if they want to rule that spoilers go into general threads about game until release.

unic0rn

Banned
Oct 8, 2020
oh interesting. is there any mention of a performance mode that lets the frame rate run unlocked? hoping to play at ps4 pro fidelity at 60 fps on ps5

I didn't bother to listen to those drunk idiots that stole the game, but since they didn't even bother with character creation, I would say nope, no mention in this leak.

I expect it to have 4k60 (probably with dynamic resolution scaling) mode available at launch, since full nextgen patch will come in next year, so that's the only thing they can do now. Lets hope Series S won't be left in the dust with some shitty 720p30 Xbox One mode as the only option, it should be capable of 1080p60 at the very least.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
It's not out for 3 weeks....

How many threads were there to complain about Halo Infinite's graphics, a game not coming out for months?

It's usual for big games to have many threads. Even stuff like Fire Emblem had a spoiler thread and a thread about romances and whatnot before the game was even out. This is on top of demo thread and performance threads.

Nov 2, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong kyuuji, but aren't their only 3 threads open about cyberpunk? Is 3 threads open too many?

3 is greater than zero, so, yes.

Although if you want to count the thread about how CDPR is a transphobic mess as a Cyberpunk thread, then I'd raise the zero to a one on the condition that the one is the transphobia thread.

picorin81

Avenger
Nov 4, 2017
what if all the transfobia is "fixed" in the final product, there is still that posibility right? right?

strotee

Aug 9, 2018
I was planning on getting a game for my newly purchased PS5. Maybe this is the game, will depend on reviews, I cannot see it scoring lower than 90.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Spoiler: CDPR are a garbage company that exploits minorities and workers alongside fostering a toxic work environment for staff, for more $$$.

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...
www.resetera.com

CDPR developer speaks out against toxic workplace conditions during Cyberpunk 2077 development News

thanks to Mazzle for the grabs: credit to Toumari for grabbing these:
thank you as always for putting work in, kyuuji

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
what if all the transfobia is "fixed" in the final product, there is still that posibility right? right?

Things like "Mix It Up" ads are still in the game and will be there on 10th so that issue will persist.

What I want to see and especially hear from transcommunity is how game as a whole deals with those issues and topics.

4Silent

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
All this drive by posting and even admitting to piracy and nobody gets warned or banned? Only because a studio seems to be "transphobic". You are all overreacting like always. If even something tiny doesnt fit to your mindset, its racist or transphobic. Y'all living under a bubble.
And call me transphobic or racist, i dont care. Im not and i know that. I have nothing against gay, trans and black people.

Stop hunting people down that dont share your mindset. Nobody here is perfect. And sharing your opinion is also not allowed here, my ban will prove that.

Good bye.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
giphy.gif

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, that there are so many members that ignore any concerns about transphobia and there are pretty much two different conversations going on in every Cyberpunk 2077 thread is making me feel resentful about how this game is discussed here. I may have to take a break from Era once this game launches.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
All this drive by posting and even admitting to piracy and nobody gets warned or banned? Only because a studio seems to be "transphobic". You are all overreacting like always. If even something tiny doesnt fit to your mindset, its racist or transphobic. Y'all living under a bubble.
And call me transphobic or racist, i dont care. Im not and i know that. I have nothing against gay, trans and black people.

Stop hunting people down that dont share your mindset. Nobody here is perfect. And sharing your opinion is also not allowed here, my ban will prove that.

Good bye.
Bye! Transphobia is transphobic actually but i'm glad you came in here to share your good takes about how you don't care.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Things like "Mix It Up" ads are still in the game and will be there on 10th so that issue will persist.
What I want to see and especially hear from transcommunity is how game as a whole deals with those issues and topics.
Still holding out that 1% that it actually handles some themes with nuance. That for whatever reason they haven't touched on it in any material sense in the numerous previews or deeper dives. It wouldn't patch over the issues to date nor their use of things like the Chromanticore advert/cosplay offline, but one holds a little hope there's some shred of interest there for the trans people that are dodging it all to try to uncover it.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
If you want to go down that road, there's black Trump supports and anti-immigrant Latinx people okay with child separation and detainment policies.

It's not a straight forward path, and people of all stripes have had difficulties divorcing entertainment from creators and it gets even harder with collaborative pieces of entertainment like movies and video games.
Will be interesting to hear what the trans community in general who play Cyberpunk think of it. If cyberpunk ends up handling trans issues in the game in a positive light. Time will tell. I've waited a long time for this game. I understand the trans issues, but I still want to play it. Does that make me a bad person idk.

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018

There is enough with the company and what has been shown so far that it doesn't matter if they have a "nice trans NPC story line" that isn't transphobic in there, there is enough already to show it's really bad?

They keep being transphobic outside of the game regardless, they even promoted the Chromanticore cosplayer not long ago, 0 concerns from them at all. It is time to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt or hypotheticals

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Will be interesting to hear what the trans community in general who play Cyberpunk think of it. If cyberpunk ends up handling trans issues in the game in a positive light. Time will tell. I've waited a long time for this game. I understand the trans issues, but I still want to play it. Does that make me a bad person idk.
This kind of post that seems to beg for absolution is odd. It just makes you someone that wants to play a game despite its issues with transphobia both internal to it and the company producing it. My only request has been those engaging with it give feedback on how it, and CDPR as a whole, could be better without their constant prodding at trans people and courting the less savoury Gamer fans they know flock under them. If anything, by all accounts it seems that would resonate with them more than people in the trans community taking umbrage with it/them.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Wanted to have a quick look without too much sploiler, but wow those guys are annoying.

At least the game seem to run okay on Ps4 Pro! Should be even better on Ps5 with BC!

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
I watched the preview. It was... mind-numbing to say the least (the people playing 😑) - but it was an interesting preview nonetheless.

Only negative is that it's definitely pushed me towards the other 2 out of 3 paths. Nomad may just not be for me :)

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Textures look like shit, I hope it looks a lot better on PC. I'm hoping since it's in the wild that it won't be delayed anymore.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They keep being transphobic outside of the game regardless, they even promoted the Chromanticore cosplayer not long ago, 0 concerns from them at all. It is time to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt or hypotheticals

I just want transcommunity view on the product as whole, good or bad. Ads we have seen are shit tier and do make it look that game will fuck it up with trans topics.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
I swear any time someone gets a copy of a game earlier and leak it, it's like they've never touch a videogame in their life with the way they play

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive commentary around transphobia

What's the issue? with that for someone trans? I really don't get it even after reading the post about it.

It's a representation like any other.

before you guys want to ban me I'm not baiting i really don't understand

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I remember correctly, aren't their trans members on era that want to play the game and see for themselves how trans people are represented. Honestly, I would just ignore the thread so you don't have to keep seeing it.

I mean. I'm one of them. But I'm not going to pretend the company hasnt been really ignorant lately. But I'm also conscious that there is a difference between what the game might say and what their company has done also. Re: recent cosplay stuff etc

Status
Not open for further replies.