• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
First of all:
I know mods want to keep CP2077 threads at a minimum due to the controversy around CDPR. But since evidence of copies being out in the wild have recently been posted along with 20 minutes of leaked PS4 Pro footage - and a few people requested a Spoiler Thread to keep the NW threads clean of them - I thought making one now would be a good idea.

Here is a link to the thread with leaked footage: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cp...ld-possible-ps4-gameplay.330950/post-52201229

Feel free to close it if unwanted.

Last edited:

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Thank you. Their are people that don't want to be spoiled on cyberpunk, so a new spoiler thread should be allowed to remain open. You can't just put everything cyberpunk related in the main thread. It's not fair to members that don't want to be spoiled.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. Their are people that don't want to be spoiled on cyberpunk, so a new spoiler thread should be allowed to remain open. You can't just put everything cyberpunk related in the main thread. It's not fair to members that don't want to be spoiled.
At the same time those members can deal with it. The limiting of the Cyberpunk threads was done in respect to the Trans members of Era who have felt that CDPR has gotten off the hook for their transphobia. If our trans members here have to "deal" with all the transphobia of CDPR then other members here should be able handle one main Cyberpunk thread at a time. Spoilers haven't cost anyone their life like transphobia has.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Spoiler: CDPR are a garbage company that exploits minorities and workers alongside fostering a toxic work environment for staff, for more $$$.

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...
www.resetera.com

CDPR developer speaks out against toxic workplace conditions during Cyberpunk 2077 development News

thanks to Mazzle for the grabs: credit to Toumari for grabbing these:

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for doing this! Spoiler and non-spoiler Hype / Info Threads should be separated just like its being done with other games.
Also that guy playing was really bad... had to skip through the video but it looks really fantastic.

Im absolutely amazed by CDPR and the devs as I said in the closed thread. The fact that they made it look so good on a base ps4 is incredible. There is just so much passion being put into this game.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
due to the controversy around CDPR

You can say transphobia. Lets call a spade a spade.
Spoiler: CDPR are a garbage company that exploits minorities and workers alongside fostering a toxic work environment for staff, for more $$$.

www.resetera.com

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...
www.resetera.com

CDPR developer speaks out against toxic workplace conditions during Cyberpunk 2077 development News

Right on queue.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Was confused at first watching that leaked footage, but it seems like there's a visual glitch / effect whenever you skip dialogue. Will be interesting to see how that's handled in some of the more involved conversations with lots of NPC animations and interactions.

unic0rn

Banned
Oct 8, 2020
First of all:
I know mods want to keep CP2077 threads at a minimum due to the controversy around CDPR. But since evidence of copies being out in the wild have recently been posted along with 20 minutes of leaked PS4 footage - and a few people requested a Spoiler Thread to keep the NW threads clean of them - I thought making one now would be a good idea.

Here is a link to the thread with leaked footage: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cp...ld-possible-ps4-gameplay.330950/post-52201229

Feel free to close it if unwanted.

To be precise, it's a PS4 Pro footage.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
didn't you guys have this thread already? why not post in the streetdate broken thread?

edit: phrased as a question to be less mini-mod-ish

Oct 25, 2017
is there only one footage leak so far?

sucks that it starts in the desert. whats with devs starting games in the most drab looking areas? first impressions last, man.

unic0rn

Banned
Oct 8, 2020
Was confused at first watching that leaked footage, but it seems like there's a visual glitch / effect whenever you skip dialogue. Will be interesting to see how that's handled in some of the more involved conversations with lots of NPC animations and interactions.

Time skip effect. You're supposedly having full control of your character during almost all conversations/scenes. Add to that the fact it's an open world game, with stuff happening around you all the time, and that kind of "visual cyber-glitch" marking the passage of time isn't a bad idea.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User threadbanned: ignoring discussion guidelines
Gotta shit on the trans community for those sick spoilers

smh

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Definitely won't pick it up until the next-gen patch is out but I'm curious as to the story length for each role/background

OP
OP
Azai

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

Keep in mind that there probably is a huge Day1 patch comming which probably adresses alot of these minor bugs.

sucks that it starts in the desert. whats with devs starting games in the most drab looking areas? first impressions last, man.

So far. But when theres one in the wild there will be defenitly more with spoilers all over YT comments.
I guess we will have more leaks in.the comming days.

carlystan

Mar 23, 2019
User banned (1 month): excessive hostility, deliberately ignoring moderation guidelines, account in junior phase
if you know about how awful CDPR is and still support this game you're an asshole and i hope that the game gets spoiled for you. buy used/from a third party if you absolutely need the game.

i'll probably catch a ban but i don't care, i'm just a lurker and i'm right

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017

Only starts there if you pick Nomad I believe.

Still fuck CDPR for being transphobic, this needs to be clear in every Cyberpunk thread. If that spoils the ability to be happy and hyped then so be it. Spoilers for the game are much less important.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I can easily predict the story (actual prediction based on game previews; included: my commentary)

You ignore themes of body autonomy and the on the nose presentation of these themes without connecting them to CDPR anti-trans actions. Johnny tries to take over your body until you all go through a hero arc together where you lose something meaningful. Afterward, you and Johnny are best buds; he accepts you as main driver of your body and he let's you use his chakra to take down the big baddie at the end of the story.

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
if you know about how awful CDPR is and still support this game you're an asshole and i hope that the game gets spoiled for you. buy used/from a third party if you absolutely need the game.

if we stopped buying things from all the awful companies in the world with shit practices we would be living like monks in tibet

im not defending them, but honestly, nearly every company practices garbage these days-its hard to stay mentally clean from these things, personally. i do try though

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia

I'll never understand what the "need" is to play a game. Either your morals / conviction are strong enough or not.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
At the same time those members can deal with it. The limiting of the Cyberpunk threads was done in respect to the Trans members of Era who have felt that CDPR has gotten off the hook for their transphobia. If our trans members here have to "deal" with all the transphobia of CDPR then other members here should be able handle one main Cyberpunk thread at a time. Spoilers haven't cost anyone their life like transphobia has.
If I remember correctly, aren't their trans members on era that want to play the game and see for themselves how trans people are represented. Honestly, I would just ignore the thread so you don't have to keep seeing it.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
The desert seems so...non-cyberpunkish lol hope the majority of my playthrough is spent on the city.

Wonder if I can get a gpu on time...

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019

www.resetera.com

www.resetera.com

THIS
one more time for the people in the back

Last edited:

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

www.resetera.com

too bad this wasn't the first response

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Is it called Cyberpunk 2077 because there are 2077 threads for it? 🤔

carlystan

Mar 23, 2019
if we stopped buying things from all the awful companies in the world with shit practices we would be living like monks in tibet

im not defending them, but honestly, nearly every company practices garbage these days-its hard to stay mentally clean from these things, personally. i do try though

you are of course right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and such. however, as video games are a luxury not a necessity, and CDPR is one of the most glaring examples of a shitty developer in this industry (not in terms of output, i mean practices), i would hope most would have strong enough morals to draw a line. again, you can buy used if you absolutely feel that you need the game.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if PC and nextgen will have better textures than the one shown in the ps4 leaked footage. They looked rough compared to the pre-release trailers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory and inappropriate point of comparison
If I remember correctly, aren't their trans members on era that want to play the game and see for themselves how trans people are represented. Honestly, I would just ignore the thread so you don't have to keep seeing it.
If you want to go down that road, there's black Trump supports and anti-immigrant Latinx people okay with child separation and detainment policies.

It's not a straight forward path, and people of all stripes have had difficulties divorcing entertainment from creators and it gets even harder with collaborative pieces of entertainment like movies and video games.

Oct 28, 2019
are you guessing or is that confirmed? I could've sworn that thread was loaded with footage this morning

am I having deja vu lmao

I believe it was this thread:

www.resetera.com

CP2077 copies are apparently in the wild, possible PS4 gameplay

Spoilers possibly coming soon, I'm really curious what the pre-day 1 patch looks like. Edit: It's from a person who works at a possible warehouse? He doesn't have the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/jyk22i/were_almost_there_boys_i_actually_had_the_game_in/

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
you are of course right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and such. however, as video games are a luxury not a necessity, and CDPR is one of the most glaring examples of a shitty developer in this industry (not in terms of output, i mean practices), i would hope most would have strong enough morals and to draw a line. again, you can buy used if you absolutely feel that you need the game.
buying used doesn't erase the objectionable content in the game

the circumstances of production aren't the only problem with it, the final product is bad

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): advocating piracy
you are of course right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and such. however, as video games are a luxury not a necessity, and CDPR is one of the most glaring examples of a shitty developer in this industry (not in terms of output, i mean practices), i would hope most would have strong enough morals to draw a line. again, you can buy used if you absolutely feel that you need the game.
luckily this game is as easy to pirate as it is to morally justify pirating it.

on pc anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.