• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
they also still have to talk about the expansion pass, maybe we're getting 6 or more episodes

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
they also still have to talk about the expansion pass, maybe we're getting 6 or more episodes

There is 5 weeks to release after that next episode. There will be one more for sure, but two?

I think two could be bit pushing it, but then they might want to do some hardcore info push leading up to release so they do one per two weeks.

Edit: on 15th, 29th and 12th for last three episodes. Could actually be nice, even 2 week pacing

Last edited:

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
It would be great if CDPR could get into more details about what people can expect from launch versions on next gen consoles.
I'm still undecided where I should play the game (PS5/SeriesX or PC).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I don't know if this is the thread to speak about random things about cyberpunk but I am going to ask here.
you guys think this will be the most alive world ever made in videogames when it release in November?
what game do you think it has it right now?
for me is red dead redemption 2 and is not even close to the second one...
just the quality of animations, amount of events and diversity of the fauna in this game put he easily in first place...
really curious to see if cyberpunk can take this crown when release.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah, they really need to make this clear already. Very weird that we still haven't heard anything on it yet.

I don't think any CDPR employee visits Resetera, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that they don't even know this issue exists.

I don't know if this is the thread to speak about random things about cyberpunk but I am going to ask here.
you guys think this will be the most alive world ever made in videogames when it release in November?
what game do you think it has it right now?
for me is red dead redemption 2 and is not even close to the second one...
just the quality of animations, amount of events and diversity of the fauna in this game put he easily in first place...
really curious to see if cyberpunk can take this crown when release.

Yeah, same for me. RDR2 is currently on top of the "most alive world" game. If CP will be more alive? That's something we'll be able to judge ourselves fairly quickly :-) Being first person will probably make it more immersive than RDR2 I'd assume.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
no they haven't said that, only that it will look slightly better. They haven't mentioned resolutions or frame rates.

We don't know resolutions and framerates of current gen consoles, shouldn't expect that info for consoles that are not released yet :) I expect either 4k 30fps or 60 fps 1440p for next gen, same setting as current gen.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
We don't know resolutions and framerates of current gen consoles, shouldn't expect that info for consoles that are not released yet :) I expect either 4k 30fps or 60 fps 1440p for next gen, same setting as current gen.

60fps on next gen would be great, I guess the question is whether we get that day one or in 2021 with the proper next gen patch.

they should really provide some information on this soon so people can make their minds up with version they will buy.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I don't think any CDPR employee visits Resetera, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that they don't even know this issue exists.

I don't think it's an issue by any metric. They have said they will show and talk about console versions before release, just haven't come up in their messaging calendar yet.

Game is 6-ish weeks out, there is still a lot time to drop that 3 minute trailer and 5 minute talking head segment.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I don't think it's an issue by any metric. They have said they will show and talk about console versions before release, just haven't come up in their messaging calendar yet.

Game is 6-ish weeks out, there is still a lot time to drop that 3 minute trailer and 5 minute talking head segment.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a reserved segment onthe Night City Wire where they'll show some console footage.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Do you think they will drop any console footage next week or is it more likely they will announce a night city wire episode in advance to dedicated to console gameplay?

Last edited:

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Aren't they providing free upgrade for all versions?

Yes although it's not completely clear - they have said the PS5 and series x version will look better day one but haven't really gone into any detail on how this will be. My understanding is they are simply the PS4 and Xbox one versions but played through backwards compatibility.

The full next gen patches for PS5 and series x won't launch till sometime next year.

Last edited:

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
it's not really clear - they have said the PS5 and series x version will look better day one but haven't really gone into any detail on how this will be. My understanding is they are simply the PS4 and Xbox one versions but played through backwards compatibility.

The full next gen patches for PS5 and series x won't launch till sometime next year.

They did say that upgrade will be free: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpun...ore-robust-upgrade-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/

You can buy current gen version and it will be upgraded to next gen and will receive upgrade next year, so there's no difference which version to buy?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
CDPR casually adds full Korean localization, VA and subs

www.youtube.com

사이버펑크 2077 — 공식 트레일러 — 의뢰 (한국어 더빙)

사이버펑크 2077의 액션, 스토리, 캐릭터, 세계관을 소개하는 새로운 트레일러를 이제 한국어 음성으로 감상하세요!사이버펑크 2077은 CD 프로젝트 레드가 선사하는 오픈 월드 액션 어드벤처 게임으로, 11월 19일에 Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC로 출시될 예정...

Last edited:

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
07yecrruw8s51.jpg

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Yep indeed ! Thank you for the heads up ! :)
I'll get the physical and the digital.
That means i will be able to dive into the lore before playing 2077 !!!!!! What were the odds ? :P

RTalsorianGames said:
  • Reaching page 121, we get to The Fall of the Towers, the story of how a certain Rockerboy bit the big one. Our second fiction piece.

Last edited:

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
How are CDPR when it comes to mods on PC? If someone creates a 3rd person mod for this, then I might be able to actually play it...

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
It has mods, but the toolkit was very poor.
I was only interested in adding locations and place new geometry in there... near impossible.
We were told the full dev tools might come, what we got was far from it.
Since the new dev tools are probably cloud based, i have zero hope of getting anything better if anything at all for cyberpunk.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Mods support is pretty solid and there are lot of mods for Witcher 3 which also has a first person mod.

witcher 3 has a ton of pc mods

Thanks.

I was only interested in adding locations and place new geometry in there... near impossible.
Since the new dev tools are probably cloud based, i have zero hope of getting anything better if anything at all for cyberpunk.

So what do you think the chances of a 3rd person mod are then?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Big issue with toolset for TW 3 was all licensed middleware they had baked in there for making that content. The couldn't just drop that stuff into public domain and break all those licensing agreements.

With CP77 I can see it being same or even worse.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Thanks.
So what do you think the chances of a 3rd person mod are then?

With funky artefacts ? 100%, free cam will probably be one of the first mods released after permanent nudity... be prepared to have a no-back - no head V, i bet they are not present if you are not in a vehicle or close to a mirror.
Fully realized ? i fear less than 10% if the multiplayer game is fully separated from the single player tech. It will require a lot of work though.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
With funky artefacts ? 100%, free cam will probably be one of the first mods released after permanent nudity... be prepared to have a no-back - no head V (mirrors are render-to-texture, not RT reflections), i bet they are not present if you are not in a vehicle (since they announced no cinematic was 3rd person anymore) .
Fully realized ? i fear less than 10% if the multiplayer game is fully separated from the single player tech. It will require a lot of work though.

Oh ok. Was reading up and watching the Borderlands remastered 3rd person mod, and it looked pretty great, so was hoping for something similar with Cyberpunk (obviously they're not the same thing)...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
With funky artefacts ? 100%, free cam will probably be one of the first mods released after permanent nudity... be prepared to have a no-back - no head V (mirrors are render-to-texture, not RT reflections) .
Fully realized ? i fear less than 10% if the multiplayer game is fully separated from the single player tech, much better odds if it's in the same engine.

On flipside game does have full body animations and rendering. When you look down you will see V's arms, upper body and legs. All actions V does are reflected on that rendered body. So that will help with possible 3rd person mod, but even then mod will have to somehow tackle all possible clipping issues, world not having been designed for it and e.g. dialogue scenes being designed only for FP.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
On flipside game does have full body animations and rendering. When you look down you will see V's arms, upper body and legs. All actions V does are reflected on that rendered body. So that will help with possible 3rd person mod, but even then mod will have to somehow tackle all possible clipping issues, world not having been designed for it and e.g. dialogue scenes being designed only for FP.

Ahaha you are fast , i think while i type ;) (hence the multi edits)

Yeah, we 'll see ... maybe we'll have a nice surprise and that the mod was in the back of their head all along, heck they could even be the ones to release it, some devs having already done some mods for The Witcher 3.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
How are CDPR when it comes to mods on PC? If someone creates a 3rd person mod for this, then I might be able to actually play it...

owdipNm.png

Basically, Witcher 3 is the most popular non-TES and non-Fallout game on NexusMods (by the total mod downloads count; by the number of mods count it's slightly behind Stardew Valley). So I guess that Cyberpunk will be pretty popular among the modders too.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Ahaha you are fast , i think while i type ;) (hence the multi edits)

Yeah, we 'll see ... maybe we'll have a nice surprise and that the mod was in the back of their head all along, heck they could even be the ones to release it, some devs having already done some mods for The Witcher 3.

Even if CDPR themselves were to make it as one of free DLCs it will have some meaty design hurdles.

Biggest being getting camera to work in tight spaces designed for FP, animation work, have scale of world feel right, work around things like dialogue scenes being point of view driven etc.

It will be challenge to make right and get it feel right.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Even if CDPR themselves were to make it as one of free DLCs it will have some meaty design hurdles.

Biggest being getting camera to work in tight spaces designed for FP, animation work, have scale of world feel right, work around things like dialogue scenes being point of view driven etc.

It will be challenge to make right and get it feel right.
I don't get why people want third person so much - I mean I kind of get it; but the complaints about it being in first person are strange, due to the fact that...

...we live our entire lives in first person in reality.

This game is meant to replicate that, as far as your field of vision and what you see when you look down at yourself. I think that's going to be incredibly immersive to everyone; once people give it a chance👍

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I don't get why people want third person so much - I mean I kind of get it; but the complaints about it being in first person are strange, due to the fact that...

This game is meant to replicate that, as far as your field of vision and what you see when you look down at yourself. I think that's going to be incredibly immersive to everyone; once people give it a chance👍

Sadly it can make people sick :(
There are settings in 2077 to alleviate that, like FOV and no headbob setting, but some people will still suffer.

We are accustomed, we've been trained for years, at various framerates... but some are very susceptible. Can get headaches or nausea.

When an avatar moves in front of you, your brain sees a toy moving.
When your view moves in FPS as if you were yourself moving, the brain thinks "wtf, i see i am moving but my gyros tell me i m not moving"

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

This game is meant to replicate that, as far as your field of vision and what you see when you look down at yourself. I think that's going to be incredibly immersive once people give it a chance👍
I don't get people begging for third person either... I've never seen it said so much for any other game. Nobody says that for Deus Ex or something. First person seems perfect for exploring and seeing more detail indoors to me.