• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Well probably to be expected but the lore book, The World of Cyberpunk 2077, has been delayed again to July 14th. I could see it getting bumped back another month honestly if the games September date holds just so it releases closer to coincide.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well probably to be expected but the lore book, The World of Cyberpunk 2077, has been delayed again to July 14th. I could see it getting bumped back another month honestly if the games September date holds just so it releases closer to coincide.
The September date will hold. I can see no reason why it wouldn't, given how things are progressing lately.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I'm not going to pin my hopes on September holding until we at least make it through the summer, though I'm cautiously optimistic. lol

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019

I myself haven't heard of this gang until now. I wonder if they'll all be known before release.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I myself haven't heard of this gang until now. I wonder if they'll all be known before release.
We've already seen them. One of the only two we've seen in action so far.
V0m9kEjifsgDUs_D65xn4SiIVq0K8_q3BiUslJHzusY.jpg

17b18db1dad7dd95e3285aebcfd5c4c9.gif
gUDjE5X.gif

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Does this mean that cyberpsychosis is part of the game after all?

I remember them talking way back when that it wouldn't be as it would be game over state you can't return from.
Thematically it was always part of the game. That tweet still doesn't mean anything in relation to the player's abilities.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
where are the bozos though? seems kinda weird that they would not include the most famous of all the cyberpunk 2020 gangs. i think they'll be included in the dlc.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I know 3rd person is out, but we will we still have more interactive conversations, with movement and characters interacting as shown in the first gameplay reveal?

17b18db1dad7dd95e3285aebcfd5c4c9.gif

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Check this out:

The Cyberpunk 2077 composer Marcin Przybyłowicz tweeted this out about an hour ago and then immediately deleted it. I managed to capture it right when it was posted and saved it.

I wonder what about it made him delete it?🤔

Anyhow - it fucking slaps🤘

Oh. My. God. So Industrial Techno for the OST is in??

FUCKING YES ! ! ! ! <3

Throw in some Minimal and Dub Techno to fit those evening drives through Night City and this will be one of the best OSTs in any modern videogame.

P.S. Huge props for always being on top of these things, Black Chamber !

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit that random tweet is the first time we've seen new ingame footage since, what.. September last year?

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I actually didn't even know there was an area so outside the city! Is this hinting that there's a huge stretch of landscape outside, like GTA5? I was under the impression that the map was going to be more "dense" due to the verticality.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I actually didn't even know there was an area so outside the city! Is this hinting that there's a huge stretch of landscape outside, like GTA5? I was under the impression that the map was going to be more "dense" due to the verticality.
There's outskirts but it's unclear how long it takes to explore. Don't expect landscape like GTAV though. Night City seems to be the clear star of the show.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The lighting looks incredible, wtf!

Supposedly they are using ray tracing for AO and shadows

Holy shit, I thought the game was only set in a city, didn't know there was going to be Desert.

We don't know how large that desert area will be, but it will be considerable sized zone.

It's inhabited mostly by tribes riding there like in Mad Max. Scavenging tech, scrap etc. Nomads.

Supposedly if you pick Nomad as V's background it's where game starts, out in the desert with your tribe.

Random lore thing: Most of the planet is just that, desert. Planet is basically dead from corporate wars, corporations sucking everything out of the ground and total collapse of ecosystem.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, had a feeling they'd be picking badlands for their next major demo! Can't wait to see it. Have we gotten any gameplay details about Badlands before in interviews? I wonder if there are roaming bandits and such o0o0o

aa36a13673144448ab555bbc8428bcec.jpg

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That's not even remotely close to Night City. I wonder if that is going to just be a separate restricted area in the sense that you do a few missions there then click a button and you're transported to Night City.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That's not even remotely close to Night City. I wonder if that is going to just be a separate restricted area in the sense that you do a few missions there then click a button and you're transported to Night City.

It all should be one connected open world.

As far we know there wont be separated areas like e.g. TW3 has.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
if that's night city in the background it looks like you can drive pretty far into the desert

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's just one giant big map. CD said that they're no loading screens at all in the game.