• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
The other thing - and obv this is just speculation - is they said they felt they could have launched before September (July? August?) but ducked it because they didn't think they would launch as strong. To me that says they would be ok with October or November but past that I would think it'd move to February or March again.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
there's only so long you can delay a project. Aside from the physical disc production thing though,if the thing is almost finished,I don't see it having a problem releasing. And digital entertainment is certainly the industry that did not get hurt from the quarantine,in fact they might be selling now more than ever lol

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Folks' pocket money situation will be inevitably much different in September. Additionally the whole team is working off-site, which impacts their work I'm sure. Then add logistics around printing and the fact that major retailers for this thing might not even be open. CDPR could launch it digital only but that would certainly cause issues with their physical publisher in territories where they have one and also their retail partners. The flip side is that by September a lot of this type of thing should shake out even if the actual infectious situation is still very sketch

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anything is possible, but I'd be quite surprised to see Cyberpunk miss 2020 altogether. I feel like its current release date is about 50/50, but a delay would be to November (just before Black Friday).

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I don't know why Jason seems to take such joy in reporting delays. Very strange.

At the end of the day it's just a video game, far more serious stuff going on in the world right now.

With regards to cyberpunk I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. They recently said they were committed to September and the game is essentially done but it must be a logistical nightmare with everyone working from home at the moment.

Jan 20, 2019
I don't know why Jason seems to take such joy in reporting delays. Very strange.

At the end of the day it's just a video game, far more serious stuff going on in the world right now.

With regards to cyberpunk I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. They recently said they were committed to September and the game is essentially done but it must be a logistical nightmare with everyone working from home at the moment.

He is a journalist, it is job to do this. I understand that it sucks for a game to be delayed.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

I don't see the delight myself but do note that Jason has been critically reporting on the death march of game development to meet launch windows for years now. A side-effect of the current crisis might be that it relieves some of the psychological damage caused by crunch, particularly the insidious effect of peer pressure.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
www.videogameschronicle.com

Cyberpunk 2077’s DLC will be revealed before release, CD Projekt suggests | VGC

Company says it’s planning “no less” DLC than it released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
On announcement timing, Kiciński said to expect "a similar scenario to The Witcher 3," when DLC packs were announced three months before its planned release (which was later delayed) and expansions detailed a few weeks ahead of its release.
On announcement timing, Kiciński said to expect "a similar scenario to The Witcher 3," when DLC packs were announced three months before its planned release (which was later delayed) and expansions detailed a few weeks ahead of its release.
Someone can make a thread if they want (if this is new and accurante news) but...

I feel like this article may have extrapolated too much though, and I'd prefer to get the actual translation. Always skeptical when the full quotes aren't there, and the exact quotes that they used don't SEEM to say what the title is saying. Is this site usually credible?

I'm not sure where the transcript is though, if someone has a link to it. (Below is the source from yesterday, not Adam's investor qa seemingly)

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Two new gangs officially revealed

twitter.com

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter

“Founded by veterans of the 4th Corporate War tired of the helplessness of the NCPD, 6th Street was meant to serve and protect the community of Vista del Rey. Today their interpretation of the law and “bringing justice to the city” is questionable and self-serving. #Cyberpunk2077...

twitter.com

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter

“Formed in 2076 after the death of Elizabeth “Lizzie” Borden, a strip club owner & ex-prostitute who treated her workers fairly and defended them from violent clients, The Mox refer to themselves as “those who protect working girls and guys” from violence and abuse. #Cyberpunk2077...

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It looks like CD Projekt Red may be building up to something on April 16th [the original release date] as there are 7 revealed gangs and 2 have been revealed by the 10th of April - that leaves 5 more and one each day leads us to April 15th.

I wonder what they will share on the 16th?🤔

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It looks like CD Projekt Red may be building up to something on April 16th [the original release date] as there are 7 revealed gangs and 2 have been revealed by the 10th of April - that leaves 5 more and one each day leads us to April 15th.

I wonder what they will share on the 16th?🤔

Could also them starting media cycle leading up to June digital event that is replacing E3 presence.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
lol that's what it feels like. They haven't shown off anything new from the game since nearly a year ago at E3 and supposedly it's launching in 5 months...lol

But they've shown more than enough. I don't see what else they could reveal. A narrated gameplay trailer and a launch trailer is all that is left and there's still time for those.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
lol that's what it feels like. They haven't shown off anything new from the game since nearly a year ago at E3 and supposedly it's launching in 5 months...lol

One of the biggest collaborations in gaming between GRRM and Miyazaki in Elden Ring and all they droppped is a teaser a year ago,then went radio silent. At least CP2077 media are active lol

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
But they've shown more than enough. I don't see what else they could reveal. A narrated gameplay trailer and a launch trailer is all that is left and there's still time for those.
Yeah, an E3 2020 [digital] trailer, possibly a Gamescom 2020 trailer [digital], a gameplay/systems overview trailer [like what Rockstar did for GTAV and RDR2] and a launch trailer is really all that's left to produce.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017

Probably this?

Amazon.com: SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Cyberpunk Limited Edition Gaming Headset - USB-C Wireless - Detachable ClearCast Microphone - Compatible with PS4, PC, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and Lite, Android - Netrunner: Video Games

Amazon.com: SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Cyberpunk Limited Edition Gaming Headset - USB-C Wireless - Detachable ClearCast Microphone - Compatible with PS4, PC, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and Lite, Android - Netrunner: Video Games

headphone pics

I actually like these a lot and would probably get them if I hadn't just gotten a new PC headset last year. (nothing top-end or anything, but I'm really happy with it) Damn.
do a kb/m though and now we're talking even though i'm totally happy with those too

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
headphones, consoles, controller...

Can't you just show more of the game please. Preferably the PC Next Gen version with RT on.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
all the merch doesn't bother me. i don't really need to see the game so not crying for gameplay/screenshots. will be getting the game day 1 no matter what. let them do what they want.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I actually like these a lot and would probably get them if I hadn't just gotten a new PC headset last year. (nothing top-end or anything, but I'm really happy with it) Damn.
do a kb/m though and now we're talking even though i'm totally happy with those too
I just noticed the different designs are interchangeable which is super cool. Now I'm thinking about getting it but how do these headphones sound?

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
They are betting on the different QAs to be fully operational in July/early August to keep that release date: interesting...

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Nice map estimate of the map shown so far by /u/Smoke-away on Reddit.
tR8exST.png

Original Map from the book cover
mu56pwk5npa41.jpg
Labelled map with a highlight line from the gameplay walkthrough.
iZrdeyT.png

Also, a link to the fan-made 3-D model make a couple of months ago.

3D Warehouse

3D Warehouse is a website of searchable, pre-made 3D models that works seamlessly with SketchUp.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I wouldn't mind seeing the first person version of some of the previously shown third person cutscenes.

Going first person for everything (including the cutscenes) is my only quibble for an RPG with such a highly customisable character.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They are going full rockstar here

Say barely anything before launch

Show close to nothing

Sell 20 million copies in 3 days

CDPR are big shots now

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
They are going full rockstar here

Say barely anything before launch

Show close to nothing

Sell 20 million copies in 3 days

CDPR are big shots now
I would say that's inaccurate. They've shown ALOT more of the game than Rockstar does. We never saw any gameplay of Red dead Redemption 2 outside of trailers leading upto the launch.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I think that we are going to get a solid chunk of gameplay at some point in the next three months or so.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Has CDPR shared any info about the cybernetic/implant aspect in relation to character progression? Can we decide to opt out of it without gimping ourselves, for example? Body modification/mutilation is almost a phobia of mine, so I think it would be very neat if the game gave you a path to remain somewhat "natural". Im not sure if this kind of humanity vs augmentation narrative is going to be a theme in the game, but if it is, it seems kind if intuitive that we should be able to make those kinds of choices given that this is a RPG after all.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Brazilian rating was up for a bit earlier, 18+

mkoej2rp57u41.png

Title in Brazil: Cyberpunk 2077

Intended Classification: Not recommended for under 18

Platforms: PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox ONE

Media: Blu-ray and internet-based

Genre: Action, adventure, RPG and FPS

Material type: Digital files

Analisys methodology: Common analysis

Type of analysis: Synopsis and video

Trend Indication:
  • Weapons without violence (everyone);
  • Moderate or hinted use of licit drugs (everyone);
  • Weapon with violence (10+);
  • Criminal action without violence (10+);
  • Description of consume of licit drugs (10+);
  • Derogatory Language (10+);
  • Verbal Agression (12+);
  • Violent acts (12+);
  • Sexual pleasurement (12+);
  • Consume of licit drugs (12+);
  • Violence description (12+);
  • Exposure to danger (12+);
  • Exposure to death corpse (12+);
  • Body injury (12+);
  • Foul Language (12+);
  • Sexual Language (12+);
  • Blood (12+);
  • Description of illicit drug consumption or trafficking (14+);
  • Sexualization (14+);
  • Sexual exploitation (14+);
  • Intentional death (14+);
  • Nudity (14+);
  • Prostitution (14+);
  • Sexual Relationship (14+);
  • Consume of illicit drugs (16+);
  • Mutilation (16+);
  • Intense sexual relation (16+);
  • Suicide (16+);
  • Cruelty (18+);
Mitigation: Nothing.

Aggravating: Illicit drug consume and intense sexual relationship was aggravated by scene composition.

Suggested rating: Not recommended for under 18

Content description: Sexual Content; Drugs; Extreme Violence;

Interactive elements: Nothing.

Sources