• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Nah, he is pretty amazing character.

Part of me is still concerned that V will be blank and bland one because of character creation. It forces writers had to a degree as you have to take into account that every V can be totally different so tone could e.g. far more neutral and bland in writing than it would be with pre-defined character.
I don't think this would be the case. Mass Effect has a character creator but default Sheppard is the face of the franchise.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Takemura

lgoahspiryb41.jpg

e2fcv1p0lyb41.jpg

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in topics such as gang wars, drugs or violence, but I'm very interested in AI, robotics and psychological questions. From a story standpoint, do you think I might enjoy this game?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
A lot of my favorite CP2020 stories are about covert operations to unveil conspiracies, and tech / unethical research was often at the forefront. However the environment has changed a lot... CP RED is not fully out yet, i bet CDPR delayed CP2077 so that Mike Pondsmith can finish RED since stories might have links, and not just the overall lore available in the starter kit (hot take ;) )

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not interested in topics such as gang wars, drugs or violence, but I'm very interested in AI, robotics and psychological questions. From a story standpoint, do you think I might enjoy this game?

Might be kind of difficult to answer that. Maybe? They haven't revealed too much about the stories in the game. I hope it has GiTS style topics though.

As GenTask said it's difficult to say, but there are stuff to explore like the Voodoo Boys interest/obsession with the Net.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018
I think it's pretty damn likely A LOT of story content will revolve around this.

However, a lot of content will probably also revolve around "gang wars, drugs and violence" as well as corporate wars and such. And you probably won't be able to avoid that content too much.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty damn likely A LOT of story content will revolve around this.

However, a lot of content will probably also revolve around "gang wars, drugs and violence" as well as corporate wars and such. And you probably won't be able to avoid that content too much.
That would be great. I don't mind those gang wars as long as I have enough content on the other stuff

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It was actually delayed because the developers' daily supply of llama milk will be halted for a while. The developers work slower without their llama milk.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

The setting is not so much about crime but about counterculture and not accepting the whims of exploitative power structures.

I think the dehumanising violence and ruthlessness of the factions might be a turnoff if you're mostly here for the transhumanism. It's a brutal and depressing view of humanity by design.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, so since V is being discussed, will the ridiculously hot 'male' V from the cover be a character preset? Don't get me wrong, the darker hair 'male' V from Gamescom is cute. But he's not a hottie. The 'male' V from the cover is a hottie.

I don't want to mess too much with the character creation, because my attempts always end horribly. So this is important.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
have you guys seen this already? it's fan made and wip, but if the map is really like that i'll be satisfied. city center looks pretty big.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
have you guys seen this already? it's fan made and wip, but if the map is really like that i'll be lo
satisfied. city center looks pretty big.

Seems pretty realistic.

Definitely not as sprawling as other open games this gen, but I have a feeling it'll be far denser and more packed with quests and things to see than most other games. Which makes sense given it's a futuristic, overcrowded city.

Will also be interesting to see how they depict the badlands outside the city. I thought GTA V did that sort of thing really well. The quieter rural areas outside of a big city and how it feels to transition between the two.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
If you look at the graffiti on the embankment right below the Mickey Mouse looking graffiti, it says "N City Warriors". In Cyberpunk 2020, there's a gang called "Warrior Heart"; so I wonder if this is referencing them, or perhaps an entirely new gang called the Night City Warriors for Cyberpunk 2077?

Perhaps it could also be the name of the city's football team?

Mar 29, 2018
have you guys seen this already? it's fan made and wip, but if the map is really like that i'll be satisfied. city center looks pretty big.

I actually think it'll be a fair bit larger than this. Like, TW3s map is MASSIVE and flat, and while we know CP2077 is smaller, I doubt it'll be THAT much smaller. This looks very small by current gen standards. Maybe my perspective is just skewed.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't want Ciri in the game at all. Not the same universe nor would it be fitting for them to make them into the same universe.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
A modest sized map would suit the game better if they are truly going for a sort of open world Deus Ex type game.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
A modest sized map would suit the game better if they are truly going for a sort of open world Deus Ex type game.
Agreed. First person in a dense city should be a smaller map. The one above looks about right for my tastes if you count the amount of blocks. I can't imagine it being a lot bigger.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I actually think it'll be a fair bit larger than this. Like, TW3s map is MASSIVE and flat, and while we know CP2077 is smaller, I doubt it'll be THAT much smaller. This looks very small by current gen standards. Maybe my perspective is just skewed.

Unlike Witcher 3 though, Cyberpunk has a lot of verticality to it, so it might look smaller in area on paper, but it's much denser.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah smaller and denser is not a bad thing for open world design. Pack it to the brim with goodness.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Cool, I'll keep an eye. I might actually cop on PC instead, I fear the next gen wait may be a bit too much for me. I certainly won't buy for current gen though.

Just looked, they released specs for Witcher 3 in January and it released in May. So it would be reasonable to suspect something similar for Cyberpunk I.e revealed in May time.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

Update January 31: The Taipei Game Show has been postponed indefinitely in response to the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, meaning the Cyberpunk 2077 news previously planned for the show is likely on hold. Taiwan just reported its ninth case of coronavirus yesterday, according to Taiwan News. While the show was originally set to proceed with health precautions in place, including temperature checks and required face masks as reported by VG247, the organizers have now elected to delay the show to an unspecified date.

Someone can make a thread if they feel like it, but part of the rumor was that the footage wasn't going to be new anyway. Glad that they're keeping people safe though.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
EDIT: Nvm, it's apparently from an interview from last month, I'll keep it up since I'm not sure that it was ever posted here.

There's a couple of layers. There's a passive layer, which is the vendors, then there's the STSs, which are the street stories. I think there's around 75 street stories. Then there's minor activities as well.

The street stories are like little quests. There's story but there's not, like, advanced cinematic storytelling sequences so much. They're a way to explore the world and level-up your character.
There is some stuff that hasn't been talked about such as the way that it's been lit. Our director keeps talking about the real-time global illumination system which we haven't really seen in its full beauty yet. No one in the public has seen how it's finally going to look. It's going to look more breathtaking than we've seen so far.
Also, the sound. The acoustic system that one of our sound programmers came up with is going to sound really realistic because of the way they're using the geometry. It creates this reverb effect so that changes as the space changes. If I were a rich gamer, I'd definitely go out and buy a Dolby Atmos system to listen to this game. It's going to be very immersive, deep, and beautiful-sounding.