• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Weird since they claimed within the past year we wouldn't recognize the artists involved when they've clearly been working with lots of known artists...
I'm interested. Not necessarily because I love these artists, but because it's cool to have music created specifically for a game in this context. Not like a "Cyberpunk song" or whatever, but more in the GTA sense, that it's music that exists in the world.

But yeah, definitely recognizable names, although I'm sure there's tons of people who might not even know one artist on the list.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
x25coej34c441.jpg

7co9eio97c441.jpg

the lizzies are probably going to be a poser gang in night city

i called it! such a cool idea

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

u/animosityhavoc compiled a list of confirmed artists for the music of the game (With nice blurbs about their backgrounds as well)

Here are the confirmed out of house music artists working on Cyberpunk 2077:

Refused - Youtube
Genre: Post-hardcore, Hardcore punk, Art punk
Wiki: Refused is a Swedish punk rock band originating from Umeå and formed in 1991. Refused is composed of vocalist Dennis Lyxzén, guitarist Kristofer Steen, drummer David Sandström, and bassist Magnus Flagge.

Grimes - Youtube
Genre: Dream pop, R&B, Electronic Music, Experimental, and Hip Hop
Wiki: Claire Elise Boucher, known professionally as Grimes, is a Canadian singer, songwriter, musician, record producer and visual artist. Her music incorporates elements of varied styles and genres.

A$AP Rocky - Youtube
Genre: Hip Hop, American Rap
Wiki: Rakim Athelaston Mayers, known professionally as ASAP Rocky, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, model, actor, and music video director.

Run The Jewels - Youtube
Genre: Hip hop music, Alternative hip hop, Political hip hop, Hardcore hip hop
Wiki: Run the Jewels, also known by the initialism RTJ, is an American hip hop duo consisting of rapper/producer El-P and rapper Killer Mike. They released their acclaimed debut studio album, Run the Jewels, as a free digital download in 2013. This was followed by Run the Jewels 2 in 2014, which was also praised by critics.

Nina Kraviz - Youtube
Genre: Electro , House Electronic
Wiki: Nina Kraviz is a DJ, music producer and singer.

Ilan Rubin - Youtube
Genre: Alternative Rock (Drums)
Wiki: Ilan Rubin is a American musician, singer, and songwriter. He is known primarily for playing drums with bands such as Nine Inch Nails, Paramore, and Angels & Airwaves.[1] He also has his own solo project called The New Regime.

Gazelle Twin - Youtube
Genre: Electronic music, Experimental music, Art Pop, Industrial music
Wiki: Elizabeth Bernholz, better known by her stage name Gazelle Twin, is a British electronic music composer, producer and musician from Brighton, England who is currently based in Leicestershire, England. She is signed to Anti-Ghost Moon Ray, but also released music on Something Nothing Records and Sugarcane Recordings.

Deadly Hunta - Youtube
Genre: Reggae
Wiki: Deadly Hunta started off his career chatting on the Sound Systems African Roots and SkyJuice in the early Nineties, and in 1994 went to Jamaica where he got the opportunity to sing in Bobby Digital's studio. From that moment he realised his connection with music and that it could become a career for him.

RAT BOY - Youtube
Genre: Indie rock, Hip hop music
Wiki: Jordan Cardy, known by his stage name Rat Boy, is an English musician from Chelmsford, Essex.

Tina Guo (Beyond stoked for her being involved with 2077) - Youtube
Genre: Wide Range of Genres
Movies: Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague
Wiki: Tina Guo is a Chinese-American cellist and erhuist from Shanghai. Her international career as a cellist, electric cellist, erhuist, and composer is characterized by videos featuring theatrical backdrops and elaborate costumes, a range of genres, and an improvisatory style in film, television, and video game scores.

Paul Leonard Morgan - Youtube
Genre: Wide Range of Genres
Movies: Dredd, Limitless, The Tomorrow Man + more
Wiki: Paul Leonard-Morgan is a Scottish composer, particularly known for his work in scoring for television and film. He won a BAFTA award for his first film score, for the film Pineapple.
Short List
Refused, Grimes, A$AP Rocky, Run The Jewels, Nina Kraviz, Ilan Rubin, Gazelle Twin, Deadly Hunta, RAT BOY, Tina Guo, Paul Leonard Morgan

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
There's a solid chunk more in the actual article so give it a look.
"No, for every mission that we derived from the overarching plot that was written down in the very beginning, we had to shape and scope them in such a way that each single approach can not only finish the mission, but also have fun doing so. We'll have players choosing to be a cyber ninja with a ton of cyberware, sure. But you can also play as a guy who claims he doesn't even use cyberware, and is just this… vanilla human. We had to ensure that those players would still have fun with the game, so we had to have generic paths while ensuring that every single mission, every single beat is enjoyable for players of all kinds."
As the game is such a departure from their previous Witcher titles, a whole new engine was required to produce the stunning visuals seen in the gameplay footage released so far. The new engine, titled REDengine 3, promises to deliver state-of-the-art visuals forming vivid environments, realistic expressions of emotions and character interactions. Big claims indeed, though there are more practical reasons behind the new engine, as Borzymowski explains: "first and foremost, we wouldn't be able to develop Cyberpunk on the exact same engine as the Witcher. The benefits of the new engine are that we are able to develop Cyberpunk in the first person perspective, with all the verticality of the various buildings and skyscrapers around the place.
"Another thing," he continues, "is when it comes to doing global illumination. When we are creating anything, in this example the city, you have to have two versions of it: you have daytime and the nighttime city. And at night, you have all those neon lights in the city, especially after you know, rainfall or something like that. You could just develop the geometry for the buildings, and add the neon lights on top of that. You have the shader of the water dripping off, but this wouldn't give you as big an impression as having global illumination as well. So while developing, we always wanted to ensure we have this wow factor."
Still, we can't help but ask if he's feeling worried.
"Worrying is not the word," he says. "We know that people are waiting for this game, and the only thing we can do – the very same thing we did on The Witcher – is to pour our heart and soul into it."
Some originally speculated that this was a "phase" kind of day-night cycle rather than a real-time one. From these words it would seem to be the case, but I guess we'll need to see more. Sorry, poorly worded.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Some originally speculated that this was a "phase" kind of day-night cycle rather than a real-time one. From these words it would seem to be the case, but I guess we'll need to see more.

We need to see more as that could be read into in many ways. To me it sounds like he is talking about two huge contrasts of lightning in the game, day and night. Not how game transitions time.

In E3 2018 we had transition from day to night over long period of time, but masked by you being inside that meat factory during transition. We would need one long unified gameplay segment in open to actually know how cycle is handled.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
We need to see more as that could be read into in many ways. To me it sounds like he is talking about two huge contrasts of lightning in the game, day and night. Not how game transitions time.

In E3 2018 we had transition from day to night over long period of time, but masked by you being inside that meat factory during transition. We would need one long unified gameplay segment in open to actually know how cycle is handled.
I may have implied the wrong thing, you worded it better than I did.

In Digital Foundry's Analysis of the 48 minute gameplay demo (@ 16:11) they talked about Horizon Zero Dawn and pre-baked "Times of day" which are interpolated between, as well as only moving time forwards relative to story beats.

It's hard to get anything concrete, but I believe we have no evidence of time passing while just walking/driving around in either of the demos. Someone who has actually seen the more recent demo in person may be able to confirm something different.

I don't know which I would actually prefer, as DF talks about how concrete times of day for story beats can actually be better.

On another note, we did already have confirmation that there is a quest(s?) where you can mess around and waste time and you will indeed fail it a la the original Human Revolution hostage situation. Seems like a point for things being more real-time. However, from all the footage of Cyberpunk 2077 that we've seen, I have not seen a clock, which is present in The Witcher 3 along with a small picture of the Sun's position.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
However, from all the footage of Cyberpunk 2077 that we've seen, I have not seen a clock, which is present in The Witcher 3 along with a small picture of the Sun's position.

HUD is supposed to be somewhat immersive and authentic as it's directly projected to your eyes / brain via eye augmentations. I'm not sure I would want 24/7 clock and weather channel in my brain. You need specific eye modifications to have or get HUD elements and functions so clock could be option with right eyes.

So I wouldn't read that much into HUD not having clock.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
HUD is supposed to be somewhat immersive and authentic as it's directly projected to your eyes / brain via eye augmentations. I'm not sure I would want 24/7 clock and weather channel in my brain. You need specific eye modifications to have or get HUD elements and functions so clock could be option with right eyes.

Oh yeah I agree, I just meant that we don't have an actual concrete thing which proves the gradual passing of time yet, not even in the pause screen (Again, someone else may have to confirm that but I haven't seen one).

I guess it's best to just leave it at "We ain't got much". It could be either implementation or even something different.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

Would you want a 24/7 to-do list and Google Maps in your brain? I wouldn't even want those on my phone home screen.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Honestly I much prefer a fixed time of day as it allows much better lighting like we saw in Assassin's Creed Unity or Spider-Man. Cyberpunk's lighting doesn't look good enough to me to be fixed, so I would be shocked if it's not dynamic.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

As the release of Cyberpunk 2077 drew closer, CDPR began trickling hidden messages and puzzles to the community. The ARG is comprised of these puzzles, and quick solvers are often rewarded with Cyberpunk merchandise. Welcome to the next step in Cyberpunk 2077's ARG!
The next step in the ARG ...
MadQueen's Channel
Saturday, Dec 21, 10 PM CET!

So I guess some stuff is about to happen, albeit maybe just an ARG for involving community members. But cool nonetheless.
If someone wants to make a new thread they can.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
McFarlane Toys Cyberpunk 2077 revealed. Look kinda shite if I'm being honest but par the course for the company.

yeah.. i think i'll wait for something that has the quality of the ciri kitsune figurine they made for the witcher
also is that a pink thing supposed to be a katana?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, MacFarlane?? Another license for them to screw up.

Forget the really high end Japanese companies that would have done infinitely better, if they wanted to stay somewhat affordable they should have gone to NECA. Oh well.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope that other companies were also given the licensing because im pretty tired of McFarlane garbage.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Aw man, MacFarlane?? Another license for them to screw up.

Forget the really high end Japanese companies that would have done infinitely better, if they wanted to stay somewhat affordable they should have gone to NECA. Oh well.
I just hope that other companies were also given the licensing because im pretty tired of McFarlane garbage.
Hopefully NECA and maybe even Hot Toys have the license as well - McFarlane is trash nowadays.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hot Toys is the dream. Would love to have a HT Silverhand and or V on my shelf. Though they need to bring back the blonde male V design. The black hair is so boring.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks to matrixman92 for the Funko Pops pic as well
There are going to be funko pops also, they showed up on a new item list from funko

EefennN.jpg
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - V-Male
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Takemura
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Johnny Silverhand
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - V - Female
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Johnny Silverhand 2
Someone may have to enlighten me on "Takemura"?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Thanks to matrixman92 for the Funko Pops pic as well

• POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - V-Male
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Takemura
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Johnny Silverhand
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - V - Female
  • POP Games: Cyberpunk 2077 - Johnny Silverhand 2
Someone may have to enlighten me on "Takemura"?

Maybe one of gang leaders from Night City's "China Town" district?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So there's a bunch of other merch listings on GameStop when you search for Cyberpunk 2077. From a light up mask to a 1/4 scale replica arm, I assume with MANTIS blades. There's also a Lizzie Wissie resin statue listed but I think the one I liked was a Night City diorama piece.

No pics sadly and no info on who the manufacturers are either.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
So there's a bunch of other merch listings on GameStop when you search for Cyberpunk 2077. From a light up mask to a 1/4 scale replica arm, I assume with MANTIS blades. There's also a Lizzie Wissie resin statue listed but I think the one I liked was a Night City diorama piece.

No pics sadly and no info on who the manufacturers are either.

definitely interested in the lizzy wizzy statue. i don't really see the point in buying a V figure or statue because it's going to be default V and not the V i'm going to play as but i love grimes and if lizzy is going to be as great as i hope she's going to be i'll definitely get that one.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I am sure most of the action will set in bespoke indoor levels but that map looks kind of small.

That is very bad map to use for estimating world scale.

This is rough image made by redditor to highlight that, put on earlier release of that yellow map.

lnluexvetm241.png

Even from that it's very difficult to judge how large and dense it really will be.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017

This is rough image made by redditor to highlight that, put on earlier release of that yellow map.

lnluexvetm241.png

Even from that it's very difficult to judge how large and dense it really will be.
They've stated on a number of occasions that the world is very vertical, so think of upward space as well as horizontal.

Ah ok, now it makes sense.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

lnluexvetm241.png

I tried to make another comparison. This is part of the Pacifica district.

aUs4hea.jpg

Some of the locales within Pacifica.

CTNYZxs.jpg

noeRXcZ.jpg

wwubyqU.jpg

wANqr9V.jpg

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that excites me the most about Cyberpunk 2077 is the custom character aspect. As much as I enjoy a tailored story, I like the thought of creating my own character and having a unique experience and background compared to others.

I've seen people post artwork, with citation, that they hope to recreate in game. I would love to see any Era's members vision for their character.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
One thing that excites me the most about Cyberpunk 2077 is the custom character aspect. As much as I enjoy a tailored story, I like the thought of creating my own character and having a unique experience and background compared to others.

I've seen people post artwork, with citation, of artwork that they hope to recreate in game. I would love to see any Era's members vision for their character.
Yeah I feel the same, I didn't like Geralt much. He felt rather blank and bland for a pre-existing character. Weird halfway between someone like a Joel from The Last of Us narrative and a Fallout 4 type of empty choices thing.

I'd rather have full control at that point

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel the same, I didn't like Geralt much. He felt rather blank and bland for a pre-existing character. Weird halfway between someone like a Joel from The Last of Us narrative and a Fallout 4 type of empty choices thing.

What got me about Geralt was that I did not know what responses made the most sense for him as someone who did not read the novels or play the first two games. So he also felt bland for me.

Now let me see some of your character vision board BAD, I know you have some lol

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Nah, he is pretty amazing character.

Part of me is still concerned that V will be blank and bland one because of character creation. It forces writers had to a degree as you have to take into account that every V can be totally different so tone could e.g. far more neutral and bland in writing than it would be with pre-defined character.