• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
atmosphere > story > combat > characters

This is what I expect they'll focus mainly on. ^
Given their track record and where their strengths lie i would say
Story > characters >atmosphere > combat. And I would be happy with it , considering W3 is arguably best game this gen

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Story > characters >atmosphere > combat. And I would be happy with it , considering W3 is arguably best game this gen

Sure, but I really feel that demo didn't sell the story (for me, anyway)
Let's hope the characters are more compelling in the final ver. <3333

edit: yes, I agree TW3 is one of the best games this gen (combat & Triss' mis-characterizations, aside..)

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Think this is worth the bump.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-closed-e3-presentation-will-be-an-hour-long/
Just like E3 2018, CD Projekt Red will be presenting Cyberpunk 2077 behind closed doors. In an email confirmation, the company mentioned the length to be one hour. Again, like previous year's presentation, no one with an appointment for the presentation will be allowed to take any pictures or to capture video/audio.

tl;dr:
  • Two gameplay presentations
    • One behind closed doors for outlets and influencers
    • One available publicly
    • They will be different (No details on how/why)
    • Both will be played by CDPR (IE: Watch them play through it, just like the last one)
  • The closed-door experience (at least, maybe not the public one) will be an hour long
    • No pictures or captures allowed of this one
      • I'm assuming you can capture the public one but no info yet
Lastly, here's some stuff about vendors and buying/selling.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg..._is_some_info_about_progression_and_possible/

And here's the "new" Male V

37f4a3kv6yz21.jpg

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Think this is worth the bump.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-closed-e3-presentation-will-be-an-hour-long/

tl;dr:
  • Two gameplay presentations
    • One behind closed doors for outlets and influencers
    • One available publicly
    • They will be different (No details on how/why)
    • Both will be played by CDPR (IE: Watch them play through it, just like the last one)
  • The closed-door experience (at least, maybe not the public one) will be an hour long
    • No pictures or captures allowed of this one
      • I'm assuming you can capture the public one but no info yet
Lastly, here's some stuff about vendors and buying/selling.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg..._is_some_info_about_progression_and_possible/

And here's the "new" Male V

37f4a3kv6yz21.jpg

Awesome bump! Will update the OP later today

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
We'll most likely get tons of gameplay footage for Cyberpunk this E3, going to be a good time.

Bet we'll see Netrunner footage, accessing the city network as a digital wizard through digital space!

giphy.gif

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
In a statement released as part of its Q1 2019 financial earnings statement, CD Projekt RED (CDPR) CFO Piotr Nielubowicz commented on the development of its upcoming open-world RPG Cyberpunk 2077 as "proceeding at full speed."

The company is gearing up for its biggest E3 presence ever, aiming to impress again with Cybperunk 2077, which they believe is well placed to make a big impact on the market.

"To-date enthusiastic reception of the product by gamers and experts alike suggests that the brand carries considerable strength,
both in terms of its appeal and market potential.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
We're probably gonna get another big chunk of gameplay which closer represents the final game. I'm guessing Q4 2019 or Q1 2020. Super hyped, this and Bloodlines 2 are the only reason I'm watching this years E3.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
We're probably gonna get another big chunk of gameplay which closer represents the final game. I'm guessing Q4 2019 or Q1 2020. Super hyped, this and Bloodlines 2 are the only reason I'm watching this years E3.
Yeah I think no later than early 2020 this releases. Then 8-12 months later a next gen remaster.

Last edited:

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I know that they are in the teaser, but I wonder if we'll still be able to join Psycho Squad since cyberpsychosis is confirmed to not be in the game.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Watch Cyberpunk and Bloodlines 2 have the same release date and the universe implodes.

I'm still holding out for that 7/7/20 release date.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Part of me wishes CDPR acquired the NetRunner (card game) IP and added it as a fully functional minigame in Cyberpunk, complete with multiplayer trading/tournaments. Honestly the only way I see the MP work is either in the form of minigames or leaderboards.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping for some awesome changes since last go around.

Also REALLY hoping for RTX support announcement and demo.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Interesting bit of info in their earnings call transcript is that they're not only spending a fair bit of cash getting ready for E3 but also paying for the materials and building of the Collector's Edition contents now due to location of the manufacturing in "a remote location"...

Edit: Bloomberg asks if they'll announce the release date at E3 too. CD said they won't answer that...except to say that they will neither confirm nor deny. lol

The team is also at full capacity and won't be growing any more outside QA but thats the norm given that happens internally and externally with subcontractors.

Last edited:

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Considering that CDPR progresses in each new game they publish and their attention to feedback, I suspect that making fun combat is a priority to them. It already looked good in the gameplay trailer.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

Well there it is.

Gameplay demo uploaded online during E3 looking unlikely

Oh boy. Let ME clarify that because this, unless I'm wrong, things have been REALLY miscommunicated by the fans.

Lilayah is CDPR. Naz is not, just a moderator of the Discord. There is nowhere where CDPR actually said that the public demo cannot be streamed/recorded. They specifically said that the private demo cannot be streamed/recorded.

They may have been vague because we're getting a pre-made recording of the public demo and maybe people indeed can't stream the public demo.

I think it is very unlikely that CDPR went out of their way to make 2 demos, however different, so that only people at E3 could see. The point of marketing is to hype up their game and get people interested in it.

And just so you have Lilayah's literal statement on the issue.

jYhyCjZ.jpg

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, I don't want another trailer or gameplay footage. All I need is a release date. They don't need to convince me. I've been sold since it was first announced years ago.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
They are doing a Q&A on tumblr on the 12th for those interested. Im sure by then we will have many new questions.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
The last new thing about the game we've seen is a wallpaper. I've plastered it on literally every device I have. Never been this excited for any game in a long long time.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I really like how the default male MC looks now. The female one is amazing, too. It's about the main reason I'm sad this is first person only, but I don't want to open that cane of worms lol.

Really excited! Next year is gonna be insane (if it's actually 2019 I'll die).

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I really like how the default male MC looks now. The female one is amazing, too. It's about the main reason I'm sad this is first person only, but I don't want to open that cane of worms lol.
It's not first-person only. It's first-person on-foot gameplay, but has third-person driving and goes to third-person in cutscenes.
My disappointment is that they were not committed to a 100% first-person experience.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's not first-person only. It's first-person on-foot gameplay, but has third-person driving and goes to third-person in cutscenes.
My disappointment is that they were not committed to a 100% first-person experience.
Actually, whenever driving got to a third person I got sad seeing how good it looks lol.

I can see their thought process, though. The environments looked quite cramped and filled to the brim with details and things to interact with, so yeah. I also remember them talking about the city being vertical, right? So lots of interiors.

One thing I was impressed by was the fluidity of combat. TW3's main fault was the combat to a certain degree, so I'm very happy to see that part evolve. This could no joke be one of the best games ever made (I regard TW3 as that).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
This popped up...

I don't think it's actually the CE that some are speculating but the case the new merch came in for CDPR devs attending E3.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why i think the pic isn't the SE. Or why i'm not holding my breath for the CE in general ?

If it's the latter, then it's because the retail version of W3's Se is really poor quality. (the Geralt killing the Griffin statue)

I should have been more, clear in my first post. Sorry.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Why i think the pic isn't the SE. Or why i'm not holding my breath for the CE in general ?

If it's the latter, then it's because the retail version of W3's Se is really poor quality. (the Geralt killing the Griffin statue)

I should have been more, clear in my first post. Sorry.

Really? hmmmm.. the CE that I have of Witcher 3 is the best edition that I have of any game--- fantastic things in there (artbook is absolutely fantastic) and my statue is really good looking, but I have seen some not so good looking ones on the web before

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? hmmmm.. the CE that I have of Witcher 3 is the best edition that I have of any game--- fantastic things in there (artbook is absolutely fantastic) and my statue is really good looking, but I have seen some not so good looking ones on the web before
Yeah ? I thought the paintwork on all retail version of the Statue were fucking awful. (Geralt's face)

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Yeah ? I thought the paintwork on all retail version of the Statue were fucking awful. (Geralt's face)

I mean, it's far from perfect but no one is looking at such a statue really close and I really don't mind how it looks
http:///mNyd.jpg

And for 120 Euros - which is far less than other games have their CE here for - this is a great package
91U4ZwxgzNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I mean, it's far from perfect but no one is looking at such a statue really close and I really don't mind how it looks
http:///mNyd.jpg

And for 120 Euros - which is far less than other games have their CE here for - this is a great package
91U4ZwxgzNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have this CE and it's going for well over a grand on Amazon. I was bummed that the Xbox CE got a map and Gwent Cards (that they released later separately) and the PC/PS4 versions didn't.

Hyped as fuck for the Cyberpunk CE though. Hopefully I can get my hands on that one too.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I have this CE and it's going for well over a grand on Amazon. I was bummed that the Xbox CE got a map and Gwent Cards (that they released later separately) and the PC/PS4 versions didn't.

Hyped as fuck for the Cyberpunk CE though. Hopefully I can get my hands on that one too.

Well the PC and PS4 CE have a map, just not cloth one like the XboxOne has.. and I have all those Gwent cards because I bought retail versions of the expansions packs, so I have physical cards of the Monster, North Realms, Scoia'tel and Nilfgaard decks now :)
zaklinac-3-divoky-hon-srdce-z-kamena-ps4.jpg

81tkz6rdz9L.jpg