• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow you can support abusive work practices, transphobia, AND GamerGate all at once for just $43 what a steal

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
That's the lowest I've seen, but yeah it's the GOG version. Amazon has had it for $49.99, I am not sure which version as it just lists PC, though I assume it's probably GOG also.

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't already have the pre-order discount and incentives from Best Buy I'd probably go with the boxed version from there for $50, though IIRC most other retailers are also selling it for that low.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up OP. I've never ordered from PlayAsia before. Hopefully there are no issues.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Was waiting to see if it was a pack in with the new gpus but that seems not the case, so will probably jump on it. How is play asia, do they deliver keys on time?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's $61.99AUD which I think is the cheapest Aussie price, so anyone keen should jump on it.

Edit: region free too

Last edited:

jelmerjt

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Woah.

schermafbeelding2020-56j8l.png

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so the game discs are not region locked?...so if I live in the USA and buy it from that PlayAsia site it'll work with no issues?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's the deal with Playasia?
Around the time of DOAX3's release their following list was almost entirely GamerGaters and the alt-right. They were actively promoting some of these people. Their initial allegation was that feminists wanted to stop the consumer getting their hands on the game and they were bravely fighting back by offering imports for sale.
I was thinking about this.Morally, would it be cool to go greymarket (key resellers) for this game? Dont support the devs but still get the game?
Never used them myself, so I don't know how you'd be sure none of your money goes to CDPR, but I don't see how it's that different from buying a used physical, so there's a fair argument here.

I encourage anyone who wants to play the game for the purposes of cultural critique and awareness of how it handles certain things to go the used route and speak out on here and elsewhere with examples of what the game does wrong (or right, if it manages to hamfistedly do something right).

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Never used them myself, so I don't know how you'd be sure none of your money goes to CDPR, but I don't see how it's that different from buying a used physical, so there's a fair argument here.

I remember some dev speaking out about them and saying they'd rather people pirated a game than get it from key resellers, though that might have been meant in a facetious way.
Thinking about it the keys have to come from somewhere still, so I guess the devs would have gotten money at some point.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
I was thinking about this.Morally, would it be cool to go greymarket (key resellers) for this game? Dont support the devs but still get the game?
Well, it's DRM free. If that's the plan you could achieve it without giving the money to "people who somehow have keys that don't support the devs at all" - which should only be possible if they are criminals.

(I know not all grey market keys are stolen, I use things like cdkeys myself, but in the scenario in which the devs really don't get any money, the keys have to be stolen. And of course, stealing the game wouldn't make you any better and you shouldn't do it, but it would be more consequent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.