• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

I hope all publishers and devs do this even though it isn't required. I'm over remasters where they add in DLC and make it a new SKU.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

twitter.com

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter

“Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades. Owners of #Cyberpunk2077 for Xbox One will receive the Xbox Series X upgrade for free when available. https://t.co/nfkfFLj85w”

Announced on this MS tweet.

twitter.com

Xbox on Twitter

“Xbox Series X brings the next generation of COMPATIBILITY. 🤝 Play thousands of games across four generations that look and feel better than ever. 🤝 Smart Delivery guarantees you’re playing the best version of your game for your Xbox. https://t.co/up2Z78b4VO #PowerYourDreams”

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Can't manage to get it running smoothly on base xbox so give them an option for a free upgrade to the next gen version? Can I get that option for PS4 too, please :)

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great, and it feels related to all those rumors where CDPR was disappointed with the Xbox One base performance...

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Wait... what? If they believe gamers should never pay for upgrades, then shouldn't they extend this to PlayStation gamers too..? Seems like an odd statement to make.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Wait... what? If they believe gamers should never pay for upgrades, then shouldn't they extend this to PlayStation gamers too..? Seems like an odd statement to make.

Three guesses

1. They just haven't announced yet it will also be for PS4/5 - they're replying directly to Xbox it would be weird to mention PS
2. Xbox paid them to do it but Sony will not
3. Sony does not make it anywhere near as easy to give cross licenses for purchases between generations as Xbox does

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017

Of course it does. You just have to remember two things. They are responding directly to an MS tweet and CP2077 is a Microsoft marketed game.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused - are they confirming that Cyberpunk 2077 will also release on Xbox Series X? (Because this would be the first time they're confirming a next-generation version.) Or are they confirming that Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One will receive a patch that makes it run better / look nicer on Xbox Series X?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Smart Delivery is Play Anywhere across generations, LOVE IT, and LOVE the fact 3rd partys are jumping on.

No way I'm buying games twitch so I can buy at launch guilt free now.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay for upgrades and I'm really happy it is coming true in some form. Now announce the same thing Sony.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused - are they confirming that Cyberpunk 2077 will also release on Xbox Series X? (Because this would be the first time they're confirming a next-generation version.) Or are they confirming that Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One will receive a patch that makes it run better / look nicer on Xbox Series X?
They're confirming your X1 purchase will be valid for crossbuy to XSX

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Thats what I'm talking about. Set the trend now, and make any other publisher that doesn't follow suite look like clowns (There will be some).

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I suppose this will happen for PS4->PS5 version too then.
Expected from CDPR, but not granted. Happy to know its real now.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
They probably will, but there's no PS5 details out yet.
That's on Sony to announce their own "Smart Delivery" service, as detailed in the latest Xbox Series X news.
P.S. Sony has not yet announced anything, as you can tell. We'reWaiting.gif
Yes, perhaps it's just because Sony are being quiet. But they've announced the PS5 is backwards compatible, so if it just requires a patch I don't know why Cyberbunk wouldn't default to the best version...

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the game's official announcement?

What other Series X games have been officially announced?

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah, me too.
If they imply a next gen version exits at the same price is news, if is just a patch is expected.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I am curious if Sony + Microsoft will just adopt policies requiring this, like they did with PS4 Pro or One X upgrades.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
This is what Backwards Compatibility is for right?

Or does this mean that they are working on an improved patch and an actual additional physical release of 2077?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So, next gen console ports effectively confirmed. I mean, I guess that was expected but still.