• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Some raytracing benchmarks courtesy of ComputerBase:

2021-03-3020.04.40wwwyvjfb.png

(Aus = off, Mittel = medium)

I mean, with these results, they might've just not enabled raytracing on AMD cards...

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I read those patch notes; it's like they rewrote the game all over again. I'm thinking a couple more of these patches and we'll be even.

Still not starting until the proper Series X upgrade.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, should I take Xbox up on their offer and request a refund? I bought the game digitally at launch, played for maybe 20 hours, got into way too many buggy questions and haven't touched it since January.

Maybe I should pick it up on sale later in the year and try again when the next gen patch is out (and likely subsequent patches are released to fix bugs with the next gen patch).

Solidpanic

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, should I take Xbox up on their offer and request a refund? I bought the game digitally at launch, played for maybe 20 hours, got into way too many buggy questions and haven't touched it since January.

Maybe I should pick it up on sale later in the year and try again when the next gen patch is out (and likely subsequent patches are released to fix bugs with the next gen patch).

The safest bet is, if you're already considering a refund, then go for it. If/When they announce a PS5/XSX Upgrade, you should be able to find a cheap copy of the game that you can use for the free upgrade. It's a win-win situation, even if you were to fall into the hype before the next-gen versions come out, the game will be cheaper than when it first came out.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I just made it to the start of act 2 and I can't believe I somehow managed to avoid any spoilers (wasn't even trying to either) regarding what happens here in the plot. Not at all what I expected from
Keanu's role in the game. I thought he was just gonna be another NPC you meet later in the game

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
With the new 1.2 patch the game performance took a huge hit and is now unplayable.

My Gaming laptop

i7-8750h
GTX2080 Max Q

Pre 1.3 patch I ran 1080p medium setting RTX off, 45~65 fps in city, stable 60~70 at outskirt. no performance hit during combat.
Post 1.3 patch I ran the exact same setting, 30~40 fps in city, 60~65 at outskirt, but during combat fps drops to 30~20 which has NEVER happened in previous patch. Noticeably more fps dips in area that is relatively empty. Last night a random dumpster fire drop my fps to 15..... I am fucking done lol.

Luckily I completed the game in previous patch, I will no longer do a 2nd playthrough. May uninstall the game if the problem doesn't get addressed.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
What's even the policy for Cyberpunk returns on Xbox? Is it automated for anyone asking for a refund no matter the amount of time player?

Oct 26, 2017
Some raytracing benchmarks courtesy of ComputerBase:

2021-03-3020.04.40wwwyvjfb.png

(Aus = off, Mittel = medium)

I mean, with these results, they might've just not enabled raytracing on AMD cards...
I mean before I got my 3060ti I had to use my old r9 380 and max I got was 30 FPS everything low with drss. With a controller, 30fps are enough mostly. Still it is a steep price to pay especially when the traditional lighting already looks so good.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the game is a lot more smooth for me on PC now post patch. Didn't change any settings from my initial playthrough(1440p, 30fps, all ray tracing settings maxed, no DLSS)

that said I'm on a 3090 so really who gives a shit, I'm hoping console versions have been improved dramatically by this patch.

Replaying the game trying different story choices & trying to collect all of the missable/unique weapons. Still a lot of fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like the game is a lot more smooth for me on PC now post patch. Didn't change any settings from my initial playthrough(1440p, 30fps, all ray tracing settings maxed, no DLSS)

that said I'm on a 3090 so really who gives a shit, I'm hoping console versions have been improved dramatically by this patch.

Replaying the game trying different story choices & trying to collect all of the missable/unique weapons. Still a lot of fun.
Just out of curiosity, what FPS would you get on a 3090 without DLSS at those settings?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what FPS would you get on a 3090 without DLSS at those settings?

before it was 30 fps with drops in heavy combat, or sometimes when driving.

now it's 30 fps... with way less drops? I could just be imagining the improvement, haven't actually measured.

I completely gave up on 60fps day one, couldn't handle how inconsistent it is, so I've been treating cyberpunk as a 30fps game since the beginning and I'm pretty much fine with that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
before it was 30 fps with drops in heavy combat, or sometimes when driving.

now it's 30 fps... with way less drops? I could just be imagining the improvement, haven't actually measured.

I completely gave up on 60fps day one, couldn't handle how inconsistent it is, so I've been treating cyberpunk as a 30fps game since the beginning and I'm pretty much fine with that.

A 3090 still can't get proper locked 60fps?

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
not with all the raytracing settings maxed out and at 1440p!

Weird stuff. Get 60fps RT ultra pretty much everywhere including starting apt area. This is with 3080 and 5900x. 1440p This is everything ultra. Rt Ultra nothing turned off. Dlss Quality.

Wild how it's different with others. Played through entire game before. (118hrs) Outside of city center always got 70+ fps. Badlands even higher. 1440p

Can run 4k 60fps 90% of the time with everything ultra, RT shadows off and Screen space to high with 3080. With Dlss Performance. Only drops in random times at city center in crowds. 1440p is solid though.

With OC profile I normally run, Strix 3080 +130cc +765 men. Stock voltage.

Last edited:

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Weird stuff. Get 60fps RT ultra pretty much everywhere including starting apt area. This is with 3080 and 5900x. 1440p This is everything ultra. Rt Ultra nothing turned off. Dlss Quality.

Same. 1440p, Psycho RT, Balanced DLSS, locked 60fps on a 9900K/3090 combo. Looks wonderful and plays smoothly, my investment in hardware paying off :)

Game is ok too, I don't hate it as much as most of Era.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My uneducated guess would be something is messed up with saves and it's just messing up anyone who started at launch and an update won't save it maybe?

Though if it happens to someone starting a game post-update would kinda throw that theory out the window lol
Yeah I was thinking about that. A patch as big as this might work better starting a new game.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
The crashing on ps5 hopefully it's no longer an issue

I hope so because if it does I'm done with this game until "Next Gen" Patch.
My uneducated guess would be something is messed up with saves and it's just messing up anyone who started at launch and an update won't save it maybe?

Though if it happens to someone starting a game post-update would kinda throw that theory out the window lol

Started a new game today and crashed when I looked in the mirror in starting ACT 1 after talking to Jackie.

Maybe waiting for the Next Gen patch or Cyberpunk Enhanced Edition. Game needs a serious overhaul.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
With the new 1.2 patch the game performance took a huge hit and is now unplayable.

My Gaming laptop

i7-8750h
GTX2080 Max Q

Pre 1.3 patch I ran 1080p medium setting RTX off, 45~65 fps in city, stable 60~70 at outskirt. no performance hit during combat.
Post 1.3 patch I ran the exact same setting, 30~40 fps in city, 60~65 at outskirt, but during combat fps drops to 30~20 which has NEVER happened in previous patch. Noticeably more fps dips in area that is relatively empty. Last night a random dumpster fire drop my fps to 15..... I am fucking done lol.

Luckily I completed the game in previous patch, I will no longer do a 2nd playthrough. May uninstall the game if the problem doesn't get addressed.

I'm playing with a GTX1070 and I have the game set to Ultra/1080p and it runs even better before the newest patch - average fps is around 50fps .. for comparison, AC Valhalla's average is 45 fps

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
It's a laptop so performance is naturally worse.
Anyway, my point is that the game's fps took a nose dive during combat after the new patch, there are also framerate spike in the city, sometime lowered to 10~15fps for no apparent reason. It has never happened in previous patch.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised at the lack of discussion for this new patch. I assumed many people like me were waiting for this patch to go back in...

Anyway, the game looks definitely better on ps5 but there's still no gaphics or performance options like on Xbox series.

Aaaand the game still crashes after a while, had 2 crashes, including one at 3/4 of the boss at the festival in Japantown. This boss is hard and long, I was fucking desperate, I uninstalled the game again for now...

I don't know if there is difference between old and newly started saves, but I'm 54 hours in, there's no way i start a new save without a next gen patch.

I'm kind of sad, realizing the game might never be in a good state...

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Finally started a new playthrough and I gotta say that male V's voice actor is kinda bad. Female V certainly had times when she tried too hard to sound cool and detached but male V is kinda overdoing it.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Finally started a new playthrough and I gotta say that male V's voice actor is kinda bad. Female V certainly had times when she tried too hard to sound cool and detached but male V is kinda overdoing it.

I thought the exact opposite, couldn't stand the female V in this game but male V was acceptable. Would take Geralt & Yennefer over both of them in a heartbeat though 😀

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

Male V tries way too hard. His voice is fine, the director should just have reigned in his 'tough guy' affectation.

Female V is good 90% of the time. But she also has moments where she is trying too hard as well. And some other moments where she is oddly breathy for no reason.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
1.2 fixed a ton of issues but the game still has many. Some bugs I noticed within few hours:
- T-pose characters
- Performance gets worse the longer you play (on PC at least). Restarting the game can bring FPS back to 60 from 30-40 in the same scene
- Grabbing enemies may still disappear, sometimes spawning lots of weapons in the process (lmao)
- UI prompts not being in sync such as having "Skip ahead" showing all the time
- Some quests have weird instant combat zones making stealth a bit wonky
- NPCs disappearing is still too visible
- Characters walking through doors in quests
- Managed to freeze dialog UI and had to reload in order to continue

People seem to have wildly different experience regarding bugs and it makes sense. The more you stay on the cinematic intended track the less bugs you see. But when you start playing CP2077 like a GTA game everything begins to break. I wonder if many of these bugs could have been prevented by designing systems a bit differently and that is something Rockstar for example has been iterating on for years before they made GTA V. And now CDPR is trying to fix issues case by case which is not easy.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. The game is probably too huge to fix... but I guess if I'm going to wait for the game to be completely fixed, I may never actually go back to it.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have they done something to HDR with v1.2 patch?
Playing on PC with scRGB HDR, it looks good now. I remember preferring SDR in this game when played last year. But now, I like the result of scRGB HDR.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
So I have this issue that I've seen some reports of back in 2020 but was not a (noticeable) problem for me before the 1.2 patch. Now suddenly I'm not able to play for longer than 10 minutes without my framerate plummeting.

I've been testing this by loading into the Cadenza marketplace and facing the guy who sells you the Samurai record. I usually play at 1440p on Ultra with RTX on Max/Psycho and DLSS Auto and get ~55-60 fps. GPU temp stays around 70C.

If I run a circuit around that small market, my framerate will drop a little. GPU usage and core and memory clocks don't drop but I'll notice that suddenly I'm going from 70C to 65C on the GPU. CPU usage stays the same.

If I run around that circuit again my performance will drop even more. Suddenly I'll be at 50 fps max. Run around again I'll drop further to around 45 fps, before hitting what seems to be a lower limit of ~40 fps. All this time my GPU still claims to be fully utilised at max clock speeds but the temps drop low enough to kick in the 0 RPM mode on the card!

Wondering if this is a GPU issue I dropped the graphics down to the Low preset and set DLSS to Ultra Performance and I still only get ~40fps. If I save and reload this goes back to normal back up to ~140 fps on lowest settings, but the moment I run that lap again the performance decreases.

I've got a 5600X and an RTX 3070 which work perfectly fine in other games so they aren't the problem. I'm able to run Control with max settings + DLSS at ~90-100 fps so I know that the card and CPU are working fine, it's just this game. I don't think that there is a single RTX 3070 on Earth that would struggle to play Cyberpunk on the lowest settings with DLSS Ultra Performance.

I'm growing real tired of waiting for this game to work. Sure, this is one lap that I'm running over and over again but this happens basically any time I'm in one area for too long, and I can't just leave the area to fix it as once the performance drops the only fix is to save and reload. Every single time.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The patch has been great on PC for me. I got a pretty nice performance boost in areas where I was previously seeing CPU lag (mainly areas with lots of peds and cars). Now those areas are mostly smoothed out, and ped/car density seems the same.

I decided to enable the "Psycho" RT lighting option (which seems to improve light bounce/global illumination) since I have a little more overhead. Not sure if I'll leave it on, but it does seem to make a subtle difference in grounding peds and cars into the environment. I really wish there was some better, more recent analysis of the RT settings (other than DF), as most of the comparisons are awful and don't even show places where the effects would come through.

Of course, it could all just be placebo and I'm wasting performance... :P

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Have they done something to HDR with v1.2 patch?
Playing on PC with scRGB HDR, it looks good now. I remember preferring SDR in this game when played last year. But now, I like the result of scRGB HDR.
I was wondering that as I heard HDR was bad in the game, but I just recently got an HDR600 monitor (Dell AW2721D), and scRGB HDR indeed looks fantastic.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was wondering that as I heard HDR was bad in the game, but I just recently got an HDR600 monitor (Dell AW2721D), and scRGB HDR indeed looks fantastic.
Indeed. I'm using Alienware AW3821DW ultrawide and LG 65E9OLED. The game looks great on both in HDR. I remember that SDR looked better last year. Coming back to the game after 1.2 update, I now prefer HDR over SDR in this game. It's either, I am imagining things (possible due to 3 months+ time gap) or the dev has done something to HDR output.